Star Wars Tales of The Jedi animated series?

Thing is, "Tales of the Jedi" could mean damn near anything. Could be set in the era of Dark Horse comics, or during the High Republic, or it could just be an anthology series of one-off stories set during pretty much whatever time period, up to and including after the establishment of the Empire.

Thing is, "Tales of the Jedi" could mean damn near anything. Could be set in the era of Dark Horse comics, or during the High Republic, or it could just be an anthology series of one-off stories set during pretty much whatever time period, up to and including after the establishment of the Empire.
Very true. I liked aspects of the last anime anthology, especially the fact that they went in some different directions with it-even though all of them didn't turn out great. I'm looking forward to learning more about this project and hope that we'll see more new ideas.

Last edited:
I hope it's an actual anthology series. Random stories, not connected to each other, introducing new characters and new locations. And it shouldn't be connected to anyone named Skywalker or Kenobi or Palpatine.

I hope it's an actual anthology series. Random stories, not connected to each other, introducing new characters and new locations. And it shouldn't be connected to anyone named Skywalker or Kenobi or Palpatine.
What about Jinn, Mundi, Billaba, Allie, Rancisis, Trebor, Piell, Tiin, Windu, Koth, or Ti?

The franchise needs to take a break from all the Jedi stuff. I have major Jedi fatigue. They ought to flesh out some of the peripheral lore and get away from the Skywalker saga for a while.

Is it any wonder why The Mandalorian and Rogue One seemed like such a breath of fresh air?

Give us The Adventures of Chirrut and Baze.

I get the whole Jedi fatigue thing and am all for content that has nothing to do with them. I don't think Lucasfilm will ever completely avoid them though. The Mandalorian was a great opportunity to do so and we know how that turned out. I really did enjoy season 1 though.

When it comes to Star Wars I don't care if its fighter pilots, ancient Jedi or Sith, Wookies, Ugnaughts, whatever as long as there's decent writing, new directions and good stories that don't mess with OT/PT canon or lore. Personal stories where the universe isn't at stake are in short supply and would be a breath of fresh air.

SW really hasn't ventured extremely far into the future either (other than Legacy) would be kind of cool to see a glimpse in a short story of what the galaxy is like 2 or 3 thousand years ABY.

Last edited:
While avoiding telling more Jedi-centric stories would be nice, I'd be happy if they'd stay away from the entire Skywalker saga and not feature any of the major characters that we've seen previously in either animated or live-action form. Star Wars writers, to esp. include Lucas, have this bad habit of making the universe too small by having every character seemingly connected to each other and I'd like to see them get away from that for once. No more characters who knew Chewie when he was young, hung out with Luke on Tattooine, was Leia's nanny or tutor, and so on. It would be nice breath of fresh air to, for once, have a character or characters with 0 connections to previously well established characters outside of may have heard of or seen them once in passing, but no more than that.

If this were akin to the first half of the Clone Wars microseries, the Genndy Tartakovsky show, with solid, clean 2D animation and an emphasis on visual storytelling over poor dialogue and bad voice actors, telling an anthology of Jedi stories, I’d be interested. In all likelihood, though, it’ll be animated in the same cheap style of a Disney XD show like Resistance was and will be heavy on exposition, bad dialogue, and connections to stuff we’ve seen.

From theforce.net:
Tales of the Jedi

swcaday3001.jpg

This anthology series from the mind of Dave Filoni will give us short stories about Jedi such as Qui Gon Jinn, Ahsoka, Dooku and more!

swcaday3002.jpg

swcaday3003.jpg

Liam Neeson will voice Qui-Gon Jinn and his son will voice young Qui-Gon Jinn! The first episode was [screened] for attendees of the convention [.]

Yep, it's an anthology series.

Edit: But half of the six episodes is going to be about Ahsoka and the other half about Dooku/Qui-Gon ...

Last edited:
I don’t understand the move of making more Ahsoka content right now. She’ll obviously be in more Mando, she’s got her own show, and now another one? For an anthology series, it’s not much of an anthology if you focus on two characters. Heck, even if they did just Dooku, I’d be interested. I’ve always felt he was a wasted character, especially with Christopher Lee.

My problem, well one of many, with SW is that they always have to explain everything. What I mean, pertaining to the trailer, is that they are going to have Dooku always doing slightly bad things that telegraph him turning into a bad guy. I hate that. I know people thought Anakin's transition was too quick, but I like the fact that he just flipped and people were all like "WTH?" That's, to me, more terrifying than if you saw it coming a mile away. From the info I read (maybe old EU canon?), Dooku was loyal up until he wasn't. There wasn't a slippery slope or anything, they just thought he left the Order. That's why in AOTC they were shocked and wouldn't even consider that Dooku was a bad guy.

This is just Clone Wars 5.0 or 4.0. I love the Jedi ( as evidenced by my costumes) but honestly even an anthology of Prequel era stories centered on them is wholly unnecessary. Add in the fact that this trailer heavily features Ashoka and Anakin and all it does for me is generate another eye roll. Filoni is a one trick pony whose obsession with his creation isn't just evident, it's sad. Look I get that Ashoka is beloved by millions, but when a die hard Luke Skywalker fan like myself has been vocal for years, quite literally, about not telling anymore stories with him then Ashoka is no different.

If fans sincerely want to preserve the legacy and significance of these icons they need to let their stories end. Even the old EU played out Han, Luke, and Leia ad nauseum back in the 1990s so I'm not suggesting any character is above relegation and I stopped reading the EU because I got bored of the same old stories.

Aren't people interested in seeing something other than a recycled/ repackaged Clone Wars? Are we that bereft of originality as an audience that we can never expect or demand more from a 45 year old property that we treat like fast food?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back