Star Wars Tales of The Jedi animated series?

Watched all 6 episodes today. I thought they were all great little nuggets of Star Wars-y goodness. Only one takes place during the Clone Wars, though another one is set right after.

I've only watched the first two so far and that first Ahsoka episode is absolutely skippable. I like her character, but it was COMPLETELY predictable. I'd rather have them show more about when Plo Koon found her and maybe some early Temple stuff.

I just finished watching this. Fans of Clone Wars will probably enjoy it. I wasn't a huge fan as it was a bit forgettable.

No surprises or anything really much of interest with one exception. I thought it was slightly odd how they handled Yaddle. She doesn't speak at all like Yoda which I guess is fine because more of the same can be annoying but it kind of begs the question why does Yoda speak the way he does?

Last edited:
I love the Dooku saber! If you've ever held a replica, the blade would pretty much be an extension of your straight arm, if that makes sense. So if you hold your arm straight, the blade is in line with your arm. It definitely makes sense, in universe, that it would be more useful for a certain form or something.
From what I've read, that curved hilt design came about based on input from Christorpher Lee himself for those very reasons that you mentioned. He made the suggestion/request for the curved hilt based on his fencing experience and modern fencing swords, with the exception of pistol gripped foils used by competitive fencers, do have a slightly curved grip on them.

No, the Empire definitely isn't right... but the Republic wasn't exactly perfect, and it needed to change.
It's pretty subjective, depending on what you believe to be the truth. I see the Jedi through Dooku's eyes in this series. He didn't run to the dark side, he ran away from the Jedi losing their way and then was manipulated by Sidious.

Edit: (To add the following.) Let's not forget that Luke wanted to leave and join the Empire too when he was stuck in dusty desert land!

It's pretty subjective, depending on what you believe to be the truth. I see the Jedi through Dooku's eyes in this series. He didn't run to the dark side, he ran away from the Jedi losing their way and then was manipulated by Sidious.

Edit: (To add the following.) Let's not forget that Luke wanted to leave and join the Empire too when he was stuck in dusty desert land!
Oh, no doubt. The hubris and willful blindness of the Jedi was what ultimately led to their downfall. I'm currently listening to the audiobook Brotherhood that tells the story behind that off-handed comment Obi-Wan made to Anakin about that "mess on Caito Nemoidia". In it, Anakin, newly minted Jedi knight is given a relief mission to the war zone with another new Jedi and are instructed to bring along a group of younglings.

Before departing on the mission, he sat down and talked with Palpatine and was told that it was Palpatine's suggestion to the council because "they will need to become accustomed to war". I literally had to pause the book and stare at my phone for a moment. Like.... WHAT THE ACTUAL ****, guys?! If it weren't for the fact that I was intrigued by the prospect of seeing the civilian side of the Neimoidians, I would have turned it of right then and there.

Watched em all last night, thought they were great! (Yeah, the first ep is the weakest.)

Luke wasn't joining the Empire, he said he hated it. He was going to "The Academy" which was never said to be run by the Empire. In the cut scene, Biggs, a recent academy graduate, says he isn't going to wait for the Empire to draft him into service, a statement that would not make sense if it was an Imperial institution.

I can't stop raving about Dooku's arc! Dooku's descent was so heartbreaking. The arc does a lot to show his disillusionment and downfall in such a short amount of time. The indecision and feeling of having already gone too far is done so much better than Anakin's was. Like, Anakin's just seemed to happen. Dooku's seemed so much more tangible and sad. And BDH really brought the character of Yaddle to life. A kind and hopeful Jedi who's best qualities were used against her to her own peril.

I'm gonna disagree on that. A Jedi using Force to choke someone goes against everything Yoda teaches Luke in ESB. Not saying there aren't Jedi who can't do it, or haven't. But it's definitely a dark side act.
I think this may be one of the few times I've ever disagreed with you, but technically Luke's use of Force choke does not go against what Yoda taught him. He was using it defensively to stop the guards from stopping him from seeing Jabba. He also approached Jabba and engaged the entire situation defensively. He didn't even arrive armed. He gave his lightsaber to R2 in the event that things went wrong, and he had to have it to get out of the situation.

Last edited:
Since Marvel owns Star Wars- what l would pay GOOD money to see is a 8-12 episode story showing how The Emperor/Empire and the republic/Jedi all would have turned out (Yoda, Mace, Obi, Anakin, Qui-gon) if Qui-gon defeats Maul, and trains Anakin.
Stat Wars' version of "What if?"

I can't stop raving about Dooku's arc! Dooku's descent was so heartbreaking. The arc does a lot to show his disillusionment and downfall in such a short amount of time. The indecision and feeling of having already gone too far is done so much better than Anakin's was. Like, Anakin's just seemed to happen. Dooku's seemed so much more tangible and sad. And BDH really brought the character of Yaddle to life. A kind and hopeful Jedi who's best qualities were used against her to her own peril.

I think this may be one of the few times I've ever disagreed with you, but technically Luke's use of Force choke does not go against what Yoda taught him. He was using it defensively to stop the guards from stopping him from seeing Jabba. He also approached Jabba and engaged the entire situation defensively. He didn't even arrive armed. He gave his lightsaber to R2 in the event that things went wrong, and he had to have it to get out of the situation.
When Yoda tells Luke that a Jedi doesn't use the Force for attack. Luke responds with 'why not?' Yoda tells him "there is no why." To reach out with your feelings to strangle the life out of another living being. To will the Force to constrict the organs, is a very aggressive use of the Force. And would require I suspect channeling of one's anger and hate.

Particularly in Luke's case, where he has presumably forced his way into Jabba's palace while they're all sleeping. Those poor creature are just doing their jobs. Luke could have disarmed them, mind tricked them, or even surrendered to them. But he chooses to choke them, presumably to death. That is completely contrary to everything Yoda has taught him.

No that's not say in a moment of weakness a Jedi doesn't give into his emotions and tap into the darkness. Or the possibility that an incredibly trained Jedi could potentially, if they could remain completely detached and dispassionate, they could potentialy choke a being, though not to death. Though that raises the question, as I've mentioned elsewhere. Would the Force even respond to such a call? Or would it have to bent to will of the user, in order to cause pain, suffering, and possibly death?

When Yoda tells Luke that a Jedi doesn't use the Force for attack. Luke responds with 'why not?' Yoda tells him "there is no why." To reach out with your feelings to strangle the life out of another living being. To will the Force to constrict the organs, is a very aggressive use of the Force. And would require I suspect channeling of one's anger and hate.

Particularly in Luke's case, where he has presumably forced his way into Jabba's palace while they're all sleeping. Those poor creature are just doing their jobs. Luke could have disarmed them, mind tricked them, or even surrendered to them. But he chooses to choke them, presumably to death. That is completely contrary to everything Yoda has taught him.

No that's not say in a moment of weakness a Jedi doesn't give into his emotions and tap into the darkness. Or the possibility that an incredibly trained Jedi could potentially, if they could remain completely detached and dispassionate, they could potentialy choke a being, though not to death. Though that raises the question, as I've mentioned elsewhere. Would the Force even respond to such a call? Or would it have to bent to will of the user, in order to cause pain, suffering, and possibly death?
Using a lightsaber is very aggressive, too, but Jedi are not pacifists. They're willing to use the Force defensively, even if that defense is aggressive. He didn't kill the guards, he merely constricted their windpipes for a few seconds. They backed off, and he kept going. Luke doesn't actually kill anyone until he had a lightsaber in hand. Even the guy that pulled the blaster on him was knocked to the bottom of the stairs, presumably with a Force push. If he tried using the Force to pull the weapons from their hands, who's to say they'd have let go of them? Then a slight deterrent turns into a deadly fight. It's a calculated move.

Heck, you could argue that using the Force to alter someone's own free thought is a Dark Side trick. Yet, we see Obi-Wan do it in ANH. And I doubt that the Jedi look kindly upon using the Force to alter the results of a gamble, even if the chance cube is weighted. The point is Luke isn't using the Force to attack anybody here, and doesn't use it to attack anybody until he's at the end of a proverbial rope. By that time, he's still using it defensively because he has no other alternatives. The only times we see Luke attack anybody in pure anger in the whole movie is when when Palpatine goads him into attacking and when Vader threatens Leia, during which he switches from defense to offense both times.

Using a lightsaber is very aggressive, too, but Jedi are not pacifists. They're willing to use the Force defensively, even if that defense is aggressive. He didn't kill the guards, he merely constricted their windpipes for a few seconds. They backed off, and he kept going. Luke doesn't actually kill anyone until he had a lightsaber in hand. Even the guy that pulled the blaster on him was knocked to the bottom of the stairs, presumably with a Force push. If he tried using the Force to pull the weapons from their hands, who's to say they'd have let go of them? Then a slight deterrent turns into a deadly fight. It's a calculated move.

Heck, you could argue that using the Force to alter someone's own free thought is a Dark Side trick. Yet, we see Obi-Wan do it in ANH. And I doubt that the Jedi look kindly upon using the Force to alter the results of a gamble, even if the chance cube is weighted. The point is Luke isn't using the Force to attack anybody here, and doesn't use it to attack anybody until he's at the end of a proverbial rope. By that time, he's still using it defensively because he has no other alternatives. The only times we see Luke attack anybody in pure anger in the whole movie is when when Palpatine goads him into attacking and when Vader threatens Leia, during which he switches from defense to offense both times.
Oh yeah, no argument there. I'd say that's why they carry lightsabers as weapons. Because they don't use the Force as a weapon. Maybe that's a better way to describe it. To use the Force to cause pain and suffering, to use it as a weapon goes against what Yoda teaches Luke. It's a dangerous path to go down, to begin using Force against living beings. It's a very narrow path to walk, one who isn't careful can easily go too far. The instant you begin to use your anger, or even feed on your opponent's fear and suffering, you've crossed the line. That's why Yoda warns Luke about it.

It's an interesting topic, one that fans have argued since the film. And I'll admit I may not have the correct reading on the scene. The film I feel suggests he kills the guards. The script doesn't say. And I believe the novel says that they live.

No surprises or anything really much of interest with one exception. I thought it was slightly odd how they handled Yaddle. She doesn't speak at all like Yoda which I guess is fine because more of the same can be annoying but it kind of begs the question why does Yoda speak the way he does?
yoda speaks an old outdated way like Carl from Slingblade

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back