Don't know who's got access to what, but i can scan some photos at up to 600 dpi at work. Not sure how well they'll come out, but i'm willing to try when i get mine.

Just ordered it to the US. Should be here no later than the 19th it said. Shipping was like 6.50 GBP for mid level shipping. Not sure if that's because i'm prime or not.

All in all, $50 US shipped. Should be less if you order the low end shipping which had delivery around 19th-26th or so.
When ordering for the US, is there a way to translate the Amazon website to english?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

When ordering for the US, is there a way to translate the Amazon website to english?

Using chrome as a browser lets you translate each page automatically, does japanese amazon well enough for me. Also the google phone app lets you take a photo of text and translates it moderately well if you know the context. Will be useful for the text in this book for example!

Don't know who's got access to what, but i can scan some photos at up to 600 dpi at work. Not sure how well they'll come out, but i'm willing to try when i get mine.

To be honest everyone interested should just buy a copy just out of support of this collection being shown and to encourage more of this. It's a book that is well worth the money spent.Just like recasting,copying it can hurt the hobby. I mean the guy has done 2 books on his collection now so lets encourage more.

Ben

Any pics of rarely seen droids or creatures (like from Jabba's palace)?

There are quite a few Cantina and Jabba's Palace masks he owns and presented in the book

Please don't. The authors already asked to be taken down some close-up Vader pics posted on PropDen - also the reason I posted only a low res combo image from the book.
If someone wants to see more of the pics, simply buy the book it's well worth the money, and I doubt it will break your bank, even with shipping. And this way you support the author's efforts and show respect for him and his work too.
:)

well, the link he posted was amazon.co.uk doesn't really need translated from UK to USA :)
The link in the first post is amazon.fr. When I click on the link, it certainly is not English.

Where do you see a UK link?

I will try the Chrome option.

The other book "Générations Science-Fiction : De Flash Gordon à Matrix" which I already have is only in French, but well worth getting. They might have both of them in English some day, but I will not wait for that, the book seems too interesting as it is, and the pictures are great and don't really need transalation.
Cannot wait for mine to arrive soon.

View attachment 678423 View attachment 678424
Does the Generations book have any Star Wars info the Objects book does not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hovering over the very first link in the OP gave me an amazon.co.uk address at the bottom of my screen. That's how i got there..

The author owns some unique items. He has Han Solo's Hero Stormtrooper helmet, an ESB Stormtrooper armor and helmet, a TIE Helmet, various Rebel pilots helmets (Y-wing, A-wing etc.), a lot of alien masks (Cantina aliens or from Jabba's palace), ANH screen used Vader mask (the one everyone thought it was long lost), ROTJ Vader suit, many studio scales like AT-AT, A-wing, Snowspeeder, speederbike etc., plus a lot of vintage figures and cards and original art. Like I said the book is quite unique, a must have for a collector who is really interested in original Star Wars props, and not just in what MR or EFX released.

The author owns some unique items. He has Han Solo's Hero Stormtrooper helmet, an ESB Stormtrooper armor and helmet, a TIE Helmet, various Rebel pilots helmets (Y-wing, A-wing etc.), a lot of alien masks (Cantina aliens or from Jabba's palace), ANH screen used Vader mask (the one everyone thought it was long lost), ROTJ Vader suit, many studio scales like AT-AT, A-wing, Snowspeeder, speederbike etc., plus a lot of vintage figures and cards and original art. Like I said the book is quite unique, a must have for a collector who is really interested in original Star Wars props, and not just in what MR or EFX released.

And don't forget the Luke's hand! ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back