Pepperbone

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been contemplating making my own Bounty Hunter-style costume (or a rogue character) based on some design ideas I've been playing with. Head-to-toe, including custom weapon(s).

Prequels were cool, but anything that revolves around the original trilogy's production design remains my favorite, by far.

Rogue One and The Mandalorian revived long-lost fantasies of what else could be out there in the Star Wars Universe, so now I'm wondering if I should commit to some of those ideas and play around - if I can make time for it.

Aside from Mandalorian-variants (I know there are plenty of wonderful Mando designs out there), has anyone produced anything original? Designs can include parts of existing costumes (like a Stormtrooper chest plate, for example) and existing weapons. It doesn't have to be 100% original.

If you did, would you mind sharing links or photos?

Thanks.

For DragonCon 2019 my wife did a custom Twi'Lek smuggler/Bounty Hunter. We went with the standard Flight suit, leather belt, leather boots configuration. For the Flight suit she made a Rose Tico/Resistance Technician style Flight suit in an olive Drab, to fit with the heavy use of desaturated Earth Tones in the OT, custom code cylinders in the shoulder pocket. The one slight deviation she did was to go with some custom lacing on the back inspired by Ripley's Flightsuit in Alien. We used the standard OT Leather Belt and buckle with a Han Solo style DL-44 gunslinger holster on one side and a custom holster for a "Leia's Sporting Blaster" style pistol on the other with some generic leather ammo pouches. The whole thing got a dose of heavy weathering, including rubbing on her car's under carriage and engine block.

70334209_10103897809830133_4572255555770384384_n.jpg70377661_10103897813896983_3069038283733336064_n.jpg70477057_10103897814011753_5649378682968473600_n.jpg

For DragonCon 2019 my wife did a custom Twi'Lek smuggler/Bounty Hunter. We went with the standard Flight suit, leather belt, leather boots configuration. For the Flight suit she made a Rose Tico/Resistance Technician style Flight suit in an olive Drab, to fit with the heavy use of desaturated Earth Tones in the OT, custom code cylinders in the shoulder pocket. The one slight deviation she did was to go with some custom lacing on the back inspired by Ripley's Flightsuit in Alien. We used the standard OT Leather Belt and buckle with a Han Solo style DL-44 gunslinger holster on one side and a custom holster for a "Leia's Sporting Blaster" style pistol on the other with some generic leather ammo pouches. The whole thing got a dose of heavy weathering, including rubbing on her car's under carriage and engine block.

View attachment 1461764View attachment 1461765View attachment 1461766
Flight suit w/hoodie and custom lacing in the back: love this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back