So now I am trying to build the stand. If you remember from before I redesigned it to be more like the style of the Carbon Chamber.
Bj1DkYsC6VPLQ2KMmy5Pj7JJCudjWX2jm51B=w1008-h700-no.png

I cut the top and face boards and delivered them to my buddy. He is super busy atm so I am waiting for him to have time to do it for me. In the meantime I started building the rest of the base so that its ready when I get it from him.
RAPAIo4r47DDRMc9n3rv4rSNAC2bLonK5kK0=w1920-h934-no.jpg

Here is is all done and ready for the last 2 boards.
yEIAJgTMxgJkEjBVHqyszDkbK-YH2VKoF-wa=w1920-h934-no.jpg

I also purchased a sheet of 55% translucent white acrylic and some orange Christmas Lights that I am going to use to fill in the space behind the openings. Hopefully it will be enough light! I plan to paint the inside of that space shiny or line it with tin foil to help bounce the light.
me9AswFOFhJ_jLBXvVqbzWi57Yw5MxQ_Q45HB=w482-h992-no.jpg

8u2aETMwpWRpHwFgaOGsDFBgt5gW5xNcALOpt=w482-h992-no.jpg

Hey I just realized this morning that I forgot to post my latest progress!! Here are pics and details about the base.

So I had a friend who has a CNC machine who was going to cut out the pattern on my base for me. But he recently had a baby and has been SUPER busy so he didn't have time to do it for me. So I had to find a different way to do it.

So I went and bought a couple saw bits that were pretty close to the right size. I used those to cut out the circles.
wLA_LUmonZP3HCnMISVCdazqVnxKUdOMqqh=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

FH19mBa5jmryU-4si9V3TioShzpQ-x9sU9F=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Then I needed to figure out how to cut the straight lines between them. I started by using this circular saw and trying to do a drop cut on it. It kinda worked as you can see below but doing this 40+ times didn't feel like a good solution.
tjvgxVrL1HyVLy-P6Byx9JZzOPAFjTpBOWL=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

So I finished drilling out the circles and found a neighbor who had a router I could borrow. Went to Home Depot and purchased a 1/4" straight bit for it and tried that. Except for me being a moron for my first cut, this worked MUCH better!!
VGee6EBNY_OST0BjhLD-6RpxknSXKhPK_Tk=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

I slipped a few times so you can see where this isn't super straight...
5HV4E3_1HIIa5J8t5_1bYfNt6TtvO12sWqk=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Once done cutting, I used Bondo to fill in the areas where I failed to keep it straight, let that dry and did some hard sanding on it. My sanding bit on my router was a life saver on this step!!
uTiF8ohmtR9X2ww9CCisS_9ZdYg3Pj_BuK6=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

cHt9YxVup1yR5Fwryv5AfZgbQUawyFuIRGo=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

IHPGBiQH_o0EgBRMFK7WFCUtrgOXou-CJwO=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Once I had the top and face boards all polished up and sanded down as good as they were going to get, I started to assemble the box.

I added a couple pieces of wood to the front corners so I had something to screw the MDF into.
OoOZCAjUZojIspDXCk0dk3NI9lUHHRfKNmV=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Then I started to bondo the visible sides of the box to make it as smooth as possible.
Uh-UIyF_n0h3s0EvDQ4Hq8NR_gvpcI2YZfd=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Next step was to start painting. Did some black on the inside of the lit area to give it a good base coat for the reflective paint to stick to. Painted the outsides with filler primer and sanded it down smooth. I think I did a couple coats of this.
d9PSC6LB_0_T1Vq7oh63KwQ9pOq1_TK2I8S=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Then I started painting the outside. I found a can of paint at Home Depot called Carbon Mist. It's a really cool metallic black color and the name was too fitting to pass up! Once i put a coat down I knew I made the right call! This is SUCH a cool color!
-5i5MkjPep1TXWmaq8AnMEiSRLdIHb42KYE=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

kNOZepVKSJGL74dAnVtmNoy_0uzbAgZlr6U=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

XbY00seiVXw7jpsfe00ebcTuUmpWUdx0tDN=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Last step once this was done was to put in the foil and lights. I didn't take many pics of this. But I will note that those Orange Christmas lights I used earlier worked great! Only thing I had to do was sand down all 200 of the bulbs because otherwise they were too sharp. This caused them to have a much more diffused light in the bay and made the whole thing look much more even. Again, the sanding bit on my dremel saved the day!
vC013D1O2pE61NFAW9TGOarn7uLfl1f_YRnU=w631-h1297-no.jpg

And finally!!! I have the base finished!! And its all ready to be stood up!
Here are some final pictures of it going up and in its final resting place!

ByWa1x5NOdAggk9y7lnjnuqDh6i4E8HB9Epc=w631-h1297-no.jpg

Ncis_usKnrxlwmCqpJkt25EW0vSx4fx7Pir=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

Han is home!!!
sL3B4aooXI8Mf_Lan1D6h3NhTy6nk3q1R-H=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

This picture actually pains me...as amazing as this project was, it literally kills me to see those lines across the cast. I wish I had spent more time fixing those and making them less visible. Live and learn I guess...Maybe someday I will get ambitious and take him down, mask off everything and do another pass to try to patch them up better. But for now I need to move on.
FFQRqXBFfgl17X-o9Wkh_bvJq8iGRcw9H4YG=w631-h1297-no.jpg

6VDyK2QBWu_yPy0mBbSEZSEThR77fHYPtRSW=w631-h1297-no.jpg
ob5KH3ksyjWn74f0i7sr03sCbbJUnJ3Ul7B=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

I LOVE the way this base turned out!!
60LkZMjm-rid1rLPHyAfcPOGktad82ih0AO=w2560-h1245-no.jpg

xv3Tu5rBz6tunBI5xz5JO1AAEUMzd7XwDlsy=w631-h1297-no.jpg

Need to get some lights above the cabintets and a spot above Han to make him stand out better when the room lights are off.
yHtvhIU0wH-CenKmv85ksHqTZc7aX9gIVC3=w2560-h1245-no.jpg
9ixfkgc0Xi5BhMnsREEODCsoVf3PGo_gIC4V=w631-h1297-no.jpg

Well, that's it!! I will likely post another round of final pics once I get the spot above him but otherwise this project is completed!!!

Hope you all enjoyed my build! And I hope that others can use this to help them with their own HiC builds!

Incredible job, man!
This build deserves much more attention. Really.
Congratulations on finishing the HIC. You have made it look easy.

Excellent work !! I love it when I find these epic threads just when they finish :)

Anyone know where it's possible to get 1:1 HIC sculpt parts in Europe ?

Hey gang, so many people have shown interest in my parts menu (up above in post #62) and some of it I don't have available anymore. So rather than giving the info out individually I thought I would just post it here and a few other places so you can all peruse the links at your leisure.

So here are the links to the parts I picked up for my HiC. And what I recommend you use for yours if you want as much accuracy as possible.
These are the parts I dont sell anymore from my menu above. And where to find them.
1586352820752.png

1. CF14JT1K00 Stackpole Electronics Inc | Resistors | DigiKey
  2. ASRM1JA47R0 Stackpole Electronics Inc | Resistors | DigiKey
  3. 74LS125AB1 IC BUFFER/ LINE DRIVER NON INVERTING 3-ST 14 PIN DIP (LOT OF 10) | eBay
  4. DM8570N IC COUNTER SHIFT REGISTER 14 PIN (LOT OF 3) | eBay
  5. CD4031B: Major Brands : IC CD4031B CMOS 64-Stage Static Shift Register : ICs & Semiconductors
  6. Amazon.com: PoityA 5 Pcs 6.5x14.5cm Stripboard Veroboard Uncut PCB Platine Single Side Circuit Board: Health & Personal Care
    1. or... 6.5x14.5cm Stripboard Veroboard Uncut PCB Platine Single Side Circuit Perf Board | eBay
  7. CLF_280_RTP Visual Communications Company - VCC | Optoelectronics | DigiKey
  8. CLF_280_CTP Visual Communications Company - VCC | Optoelectronics | DigiKey
Then on top of that, here is a list of some of the other parts I used. This list is not comprehensive. There are many things I purchased from local stores that I can't link here. Like screws, paint and wood, etc. This is just what you can find online.

Awesome work! As an aside, I think that one knurled knob may be the same as the one used on the forehead of the AT-AT driver. SO many parts for Boba Fett, TIE's, AT-AT drivers, officer hats and belt buckles came from that Michell turntable.

Elvistrooper makes decent metal versions of the AT-AT knurled bit, if you're interested:
Home of The Elvis Trooper Obi1kenny

In case I have a Uher Stereo Mix 500 in good condition do you know of specific sites where it would be an idea to sell it .. ?

Now that I have some test prints working, I decided to finish up my 3d panels so that I have a digital representation of almost exactly what I am planning to build. Here are some renders for your viewing pleasure!!View attachment 1020331
View attachment 1020332
View attachment 1020333
View attachment 1020334
View attachment 1020335 View attachment 1020336

I also used a model of the box I found on Thingiverse. I started from that and it was pretty accurate so I just cleaned it up and split out the boards on it so that I could isolate each one and know exactly what I am building. The wood work is going to be the hardest part of this build for me. That and working with the resin to clean up the cast as I have never worked with resin and I am notoriously not good at working with wood.
That was my model on Thingiverse. Thanks for never crediting my work or linking to my page.

Last edited:
And here he is! In the man cave! All that's left to do at this point is to put on the panels, build the stand, and put him against the wall!

View attachment 1061360
So that's what I did!! Here is the first panel applied.
View attachment 1061361
And now all 4 panels on the Hero side are done and working!
View attachment 1061362
Then the next night I added the 4 to the other side.
View attachment 1061363
And hes DONE!! Now just waiting for a stand so I can put him in his final resting place!
View attachment 1061364
This is simply amazing!

Thanks Gundammmrw! I appreciate the praise.

I wanna clear the air here so everyone knows. There was no ripping off or copying of flimzy's work. I used her base model and made many adjustments to make it more accurate and posted that on Thingiverse as a direct remix of her work. And so her original files are linked to it there. Yes I forgot to directly reference her page when I made that post but had no intention of doing it maliciously. I merely didn't think about it at the time. TBH by the time I finished re-working the model to get it to a stage I could use it, you wouldn't have even recognized it as hers.

To that end, I tried when I first did this to contact her many times with no luck. And even just now I sent her a message about this to make sure she understands that I was not intending to rip her off or take credit for her work. Yet she still hasn't reached out to me to discuss it.

I say all of this because I take giving credit where its due very seriously and have never stolen or taken credit for anyone else's work. And I never will.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back