ROTJ Darth Vader Graflex Stunt (MoM)(a.k.a. DV6) – by WannaWanga

So I started salvaging the KR 3-Cell Flashgun. Any tips on how to remove the bunny ears?
I tried to unscrew them from the bottom but now the whole thing rotates when I continue,like the screw is stuck.

Worst case: cutting the screw with a hand Dremel should work?

Attachments

• PXL_20221228_233959413.jpg
    PXL_20221228_233959413.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
So I started salvaging the KR 3-Cell Flashgun. Any tips on how to remove the bunny ears?
I tried to unscrew them from the bottom but now the whole thing rotates when I continue,like the screw is stuck.

Worst case: cutting the screw with a hand Dremel should work?
Some tips that may help- many times with softer metals or screws they can get caught. Whether it’s a burr or whatever.. you never know. Find something to grip the threaded portion (the nut or whatever) and something to turn the head

If the sleeve is what’s threaded.. yea that’s tough I would use power tools lol

Could anyone please share a template for the DV6 bottom cap? I don't have a printer at home and the scaling is quite complicated this way.

Has anyone in the states used a 1/2" 90 countersink to make their holes versus using a 13mm? I think the diameter on a 1/2" countersink is 12.7mm. So I wasn't sure if that small of a difference would make a huge difference in the holes.

Hunter120844 ... be very carefull when drilling the counter sunk hole ... best to go slow 1 mm steps ... take your black bolt and test-fit ... go a bit deeper if you have to but again just 1 mm ... test-fit with your black bolt again ... etcetera ... this is to avoid making the holes to big which will leave you with an oval shape damaging the chrome ... instead of a nice tight round fit around your bolt ... which at least should be your goal.

BE66B6DC-1AE6-44FC-A596-1EF041367DB2.jpeg

Picture courtesy Lucasfilm Ltd.

Could somebody with a drill press who's about to start drilling the countersunk holes, post an informatif visual instruction with lots of in between pictures, please?

Chaïm

Last edited:
Excellent work 3251bimmer ... those drilled screw-holes are immaculate ... just one observation ... why is the distance between these 2 screws (see red arrow) made so small?

476716D3-BA5A-48DE-82F4-1286D008B67E*.jpg

when it is clearly larger :

LFA_DVROTJ_emitter_back2**.jpg

... and just one of the reasons I had Roy make a more accurate do-over* of the former template by Kal El which had been around since 2002 :

WANNAWANGA-DV-ROTJ-TEMPLATE.jpg

Chaïm

*For a template with all dimensions visit wannawanga : templates

Excellent work 3251bimmer ... those drilled screw-holes are immaculate ... just one observation ... why is the distance between these 2 screws (see red arrow) made so small?

View attachment 1673321

when it is clearly larger :

View attachment 1673326

... and just one of the reasons I had Roy make a more accurate do-over* of the former template by Kal El which had been around since 2002 :

View attachment 1673328

Chaïm

*For a template with all dimensions visit wannawanga : templates
Optical illusion of the picture. There would be no way for the holes to be off as it uses the WW inner core and the screws wouldn’t line up. I actually took this template and created a 3d guide out of it to ensure all my flexes are drilled uniformly
AC82B231-99EA-4606-AF66-24600787741B.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back