Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) costume !!FINISHED PG 2!!

Re: Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) costume

Seeing this in person, I got to say that I love the wig and choices so far. You really pull of the part, now I look forward to the accent :)

Thanks, you! I'll get tha' accen' goin' one ov deese days.

Wow Laam! You really look the part. I see you've been practicing your Rose mannerisms.

The wig has some good body and shape to it. It could use a lace front (or does it have one? It looks like it might in one pic, but not in the other), but it looks like its a good enough wig to have one installed somewhere down the road as a future upgrade. Its got a better vibe than most of the Rose wigs I've seen.
Where did it come from?

It's got a lace front already ;] I got it at a local place but they're online as well under the brand "futura". Glad you like it! Just needs some roots and a trim.

Wow! This is looking fantastic. I love the wig.
Thank you!

I;ve seen this wig in person on you and its outstanding! I would have been fooled had I not known your real hair otherwise. Oh- and thank you for the reference pic, now I know who your cosplaying and its pretty impressive!

gaaahhh I'm so glad you think it looks convincing!!

Looking great, Laam!!!! :)

Chris

thank you :]]
It never ceases to delight and astound me when an individual in this community works so meticulously to craft and perfect there representation of a character so indelibly familiar to many with such zeal, you did an absolutely fantastic job Laam worthy of many a gold star. :thumbsup

Aw thank you <3 it's been a lot of fun and it's just such a great bonus when people appreciate it!

Also, I just won a pair of blue timberlands today!

Laam,
I cant believe how convincing you are! It looks fantastic!

Better looking than Billie Piper, too!
Really clever "build" as I imagine some of these items were not so easy to find in the U.S.!

I'm just trying to imagine if you and Ryan could have appeared together!!!
OMFG!!! That would have been ASTOUNDING!!!

Laam...you and me, D*C 2012...photoshoot from The Empty Child. I'll be wearing RAF battledress. Be there! :lol

RoseandJack-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nearly finished! I still have to work on the roots and change some things around but for now, have these near-completion photos!

409370_251763898227023_100001802434090_613809_21573668_n.jpg

396006_251764121560334_100001802434090_613813_986730348_n.jpg

lesson learned, flash is bad for that wig and I need to find a brown dye with less red pigmentation.

Perhaps a black overdye to compensate for the reddness? I've never dyed wigs before, but I would think it would darken it enough and cover up the red tones.

Perhaps a spray with matte hairspray, or one of those dry-shampoos would reduce the reflectiveness you get from the flash?
Either way the costume is great, you just need a little more 'chav' attitude :lol

Found a tutorial specifically about adding roots to Rose wigs: Rachael - Rose Tyler wig and Mini-Tutorial

Looking forward to hanging with you and Nine at Gally!

That's actually the one I followed! I think I'm just going to have to switch to a black marker instead of a red one and deal with the blue undertones. It's better than red one. Thanks though, can't wait to see you!

Nice job Amanda...though I STILL haven't watch the show.

I know, I know. :$

Dude what are you doing with you life :I get on it!

and thank you everyone for the kind compliments!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back