11th Doctor Cosplay

ddoherty958

So this is my first cosplay attempt, and while I don't have the skills to sew everything from hand like others I do have a good eye for detail, and second hand shops were very useful too. I used various images as reference, this one looks similar to my finished result:

1629818627827.png

I went for the early costume, with the short tweed jacket and no waistcoat. Through the magic of eBay, I picked up this jacket for around £25, and added some elbow patches for authenticity.

IMG_7521.jpeg

Next up was the shirt, and trousers, these were easy. The shirt was found in a second hand shop for a few pounds, the trousers are from primark, so maybe £10?
I know the shirt isn't exactly screen accurate, but a lot of shirts were used throughout filming and I think it's close enough that it doesn't matter.
IMG_7522.jpeg
IMG_7526.jpeg

Next on the list was accessories. It wouldn't be 11 without his bow tie and braces, would it? They both came from a wedding/menswear shop near me, and look well. They're actually the only brand new items in the whole outfit. The bow tie is a pre tied thing that clips together, very handy indeed!
IMG_7524.jpeg

Finally for the costume are the shoes. These are Grafters high top 7 hole boots, real leather and black in colour. Again, not exactly the shoe used on screen, but close. I have a picture of the Magnoli Clothiers' Shetland Boots for comparison. Not bad!
IMG_7527.jpeg
1629819506204.png

To round it all off, I have a Wand Company 12th Doctor's Screwdriver. I prefer 12th over 11th as only 12th has the extending action, and flicking it is great fun. It also works as a universal remote, and the doctor pointing his sonic at a TV and it turning off is always fantastic.
1629819694872.png

All together I think it looks pretty well. Again, not the most accurate cosplay, but it's recognisable and it's close enough for me. I even travelled back in time for a photoshoot! Forgive the lack of sonic in the picture, I left it in the TARDIS.
IMG_7465.jpg

I'd love to hear what you think! I'm thinking of doing the 10th Doctor next, I have some other props laying around I need to upload. Geronimo!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.