Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) costume !!FINISHED PG 2!!

Re: Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) costume

Still no luck with this jacket thing. I guess it's time to move on to the other components while I wait for one to pop up on ebay uk!

So my focus has moved on to wigs. I'm really liking this one.

_DSC9438-613f27.jpg

I would have to dye the roots in and have it taken to a hairdresser to cut it, but I think it's a lovely base. Bit expensive but I think it's worth it to avoid looking shiny and cheap.

SUCCESS! I finally found and won a jacket on eBay, so this project can finally move onward!

persistance is rewarded, and all that. Congrats on the jacket, any idea where the finished costume will be shown off, as you seem to be UK based?

haha i just watched this ep today

1 thing i can contribute:

she wears the Flag shirt above another one, seems to me as a plain white shirt. you can see it sometimes during the ep, as she pulls it down

(you can see it in your screenshot :) )

persistance is rewarded, and all that. Congrats on the jacket, any idea where the finished costume will be shown off, as you seem to be UK based?

I'm in the US actually! And I haven't got any idea when it'll be done :(

haha i just watched this ep today

1 thing i can contribute:

she wears the Flag shirt above another one, seems to me as a plain white shirt. you can see it sometimes during the ep, as she pulls it down

(you can see it in your screenshot :) )

I seem to remember it being a mini-ribbed tank top. Not sure, haven't looked at it much, but thank you for bringing it up! It's why it's so important that the union jack shirt be hemmed a bit high.

aaaaaaaaaahahaha you guys are too much <3

But I guess it's time to post some new stuff after all. I'll try to post some pictures when I get home today but for now here's the run-down.

- found a wig. I'm about halfway done dying the roots.

- The jacket has been found and bought though I'm iffy on the color. In the show the lighting makes it look black but I've heard rumors that it's actually a goldy-blacky-brown with gold buttons instead of silver ones. Anyway, still hunting around from time to time.

- I bought some oasis jeans. They're the same cut and wash but theirs some embroidery on the pockets I'll have to take care of. Still no leads on the style name for the accurate jeans.

- Union jack shirt is purchased and looking perfect!

-got me some hoop earrings

-having some trouble finding those blue timberlands and penn knockoffs only pop up on ebay.uk ...we'll have to see.

Now some blurry place holder pictures!

392770_2633888172542_1415564252_3065934_1939526747_n.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

Wow Laam! You really look the part. I see you've been practicing your Rose mannerisms.

The wig has some good body and shape to it. It could use a lace front (or does it have one? It looks like it might in one pic, but not in the other), but it looks like its a good enough wig to have one installed somewhere down the road as a future upgrade. Its got a better vibe than most of the Rose wigs I've seen.
Where did it come from?

I;ve seen this wig in person on you and its outstanding! I would have been fooled had I not known your real hair otherwise. Oh- and thank you for the reference pic, now I know who your cosplaying and its pretty impressive!

It never ceases to delight and astound me when an individual in this community works so meticulously to craft and perfect there representation of a character so indelibly familiar to many with such zeal, you did an absolutely fantastic job Laam worthy of many a gold star. :thumbsup

Seeing this in person, I got to say that I love the wig and choices so far. You really pull of the part, now I look forward to the accent :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back