Unlimited Run Replacement Blade Runner Blaster metal barrels

Teddz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone,

This is an Open Run of the Tomenosuke style, the SidKit style, and the Doran version of the PKD Blaster. This means the run is STILL ACTIVE.

Material Options:
1. Steel - AVAILABLE IN MACHINE FINISH OR GUNBLUE.
2. Stainless Steel
3. Aluminum
4. Brass

If you want either barrel, send me a pm, or when replying, please specify which of the two barrels you want and in which of the materials. Also, for those who want a SIDKIT barrel, please specify if you want the front of the barrel as it was originally when offered, or movie accurate with the chamfer in the front.

Cost: 80 Euros each in Steel or Aluminum... Stainless Steel: 100 Euros.
Shipping: Outside of Europe= 10 euros for Steel & Stainless Steel, 6 euros for Aluminum. Inside of Europe= 8 euros for Steel & Stainless Steel, 6 euros for Aluminum. Each. If you want more than one barrel, please contact me for quote.
Paypal:
propsbyted@gmail.com

**TOMENOSUKE**
I will be going ahead with the production run of steel, stainless steel, brass or aluminum replacement barrels for the Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster.

The barrel will be based on the drawings posted by DaveG and will be very accurately reproduced.

32663682286_b581599aae_z.jpg

Steel, Aluminum, Aluminum, Steel, Steel
Steel Barrel
1. Cyberblock RECEIVED
2. rickhoward RECEIVED
3. merimatt RECEIVED
4. dmpsk8 RECEIVED
5. mburkit RECEIVED
7. eethan RECEIVED
9. BradWright RECEIVED
10. ElectronicLids RECEIVED
11. CrystalFlash RECEIVED
12. Belmekor RECEIVED
13. el toro RECEIVED
14. NeilDavies RECEIVED
15. Cratercritter -Custom- RECEIVED
16. UnitPD RECEIVED
17. Robotprops RECEIVED
18. Gonjinn x2 RECEIVED
19. Bash RECEIVED
20. Delowe RECEIVED
21. Remote People -Custom- RECEIVED
22. Eric Ardros RECEIVED
23. IV The Mercy RECEIVED
24. Enormicon RECEIVED
25. Shrap66 RECEIVED
26. benhs1898 -Custom- RECEIVED
27. Mrosso RECEIVED
28. Shpider X2 RECEIVED
29. faust1103 RECEIVED
30. rustypanel RECEIVED
31. xbadcardx RECEIVED
32. Dredd2015 SHIPPED

Stainless Steel Barrel
1. userd1402 RECEIVED
2. cratercritter RECEIVED

Aluminum Barrel
1. Buch RECEIVED
2. Propfactory RECEIVED

Update 1

Update 2
Update 3

Update 4 Stainless barrel

**SIDKIT**

I received interest in a replacement barrel for the Sidkit blaster along with some very helpful pictures from @veektohr & @Darth Odious. As such, I'm going to offer these as well.

This production run is currently open. Options for this are as the Tomenosuke blaster, made from steel, stainless steel, brass or aluminum. You can also request I make this version as the original Sidkit, and not like the original prop.

Here's the Sidkit version... steel and aluminum.
35372160126_d02c3dea70.jpg

Here's the Sidkit and Tomenosuke versions of the barrel. Same, but different.
35024363150_a5305614df.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Blade Runner Blaster Steel or Aluminum replacement barrel

If they are the same price in either material I'd go for steel.

Last edited by a moderator:

In for one - either steel or alu - both will do :D

Steel please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Re: Blade Runner Tomenosukue Blaster Steel or Aluminum barrel

I started making the barrels, with the aluminum going first.

It all started out with a 22mm dia. stock of 5052 Aluminum.
32495123805_89642cab90_z.jpg

All went well up until right about the end of the lathe work... I was a bit overzealous with the plunging of the drill into the bore and didn't put enough clamping force on the jaws... which resulted in a snag that stopped the piece while the chuck spun causing a gouge. I tired to take some material off in hopes of erasing it, but it's too deep to keep within an acceptable tolerance, so it's no good. Need to make a new one.
32454449456_293fec21e5_z.jpg

Still finished it off and will complete it along with the other one with the slot and tapped holes. It's a good representation of what the aluminum barrel looks like.
31652812884_1d04a292ff_z.jpg

Steel is next...

Re: Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster Steel or Aluminum barrel

Quick update...

I have completed the lathe work on the barrels and will be taking them on Tuesday to a friends machine shop for the final cuts on his mill.

I ended up cutting 2 aluminum barrels and 4 steel barrels. So if anyone is interested, there are still 3 barrels available.

The barrels are all done and being packed up for shipping. I had made 4 steel barrels, but on one of them was no good.

Steel barrels:
32324942600_d342e61733_z.jpg

3 steel and 2 Aluminum barrels:
32663682286_b581599aae_z.jpg

There's still one Aluminum barrel available. Get it now and it ships next week with the rest.

Last edited:

Everything has shipped today.

The run is and will remain open for the foreseeable future. If you want a barrel, PM me.

Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster Steel or Aluminum barrel

Did you use an indexing head and a mill to drill/tap the holes, or just make a jig for a drill press? I'm making a barrel for a firing PKD, and haven't decided which direction to go in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used an Indexing head and a mill.

If you have access to a mill with an indexing head, use that. If all you have is a drill press, then make a jig. It all comes down to how accurate you want it and what you have available to work with.

Everything has shipped today.

The run is and will remain open for the foreseeable future. If you want a barrel, PM me.

Would this barrel fit a Sidkit blaster? If not would you consider doing a run for the Sidkit?

Would this barrel fit a Sidkit blaster? If not would you consider doing a run for the Sidkit?

I honestly don't know if it does or not... I'm sure someone on the forums would know definitively. However, if it's along the same lines and dimensions as the Tome kit and has that slit on the back end, I don't see why not.

If there's some interest in a Sidkit replacement barrel, then sure, I can do a run of them.

Teddz The dimensions are different, unfortunately. I'd be down for a SidKit barrel, Darth [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

@Teddz The dimensions are different, unfortunately. I'd be down for a SidKit barrel, Darth [emoji106]

ok, well if anyone is willing to get me the dimensions and some pics, I'll do a run of them... goes without saying whoever helps out gets their barrel for free.

My apologies! it would be for a steel barrel for the Sidkit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back