Ok the SW bashing is getting out of hand for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werstrooper

The starwars bashing going on in almost every thread I read is getting a little annoying

you do realise you're on a predominantly starwars themed website right?

It just seems weird to be on a website dedicated to starwars Props, models, costumes, collectables, the films themselves and hell even the RPF banner was Starwars themed untill a few months ago. Yet every SW thread is full of bashing Lucas, the prequels, vader saying no, the bluerays blah blah blah

is it just me?

I'm not even a hardcore fan boy and it's wearing me down a bit. :(

I see it as not bashing Star Wars in general, but it's bashing the man that a lot of people feel does not have the franchises' best interest, (Story-wise), at heart.

Now I personally don't mind his modifications to the OT, I just wish he would release the unaltered OT movies, so we could decide which version to watch.

I don't hate the Mr. Lucas, but he baffles me still. He wants to make money, yet he won't release the unaltered OT films, which could get a decent amount of money, whether the films "fits his current vision" of Star Wars, or not. Once again, I don't hate the man, he just confuses me.

Agreed. Especially after the NYT article came out things started to make a bit more sense.

I would say though, that I think the market for the unaltered OT films is a lot smaller than we probably think it is.

I will confess I feel a little stupid repeating the same old gripes after a decade. It's honestly like I can't help myself. But you're right, and I've noticed it, and I've wondered why I bother. Maybe it's time to make a vow to "let it go, Indiana."

The Internet is a breeding ground for arguments, regardless what website your on. But I whole-heartedly agree with the Star Wars bashing. But this has gone on since the release of Phantom Menace. I actually like the prequels, I do have a few problems, like them resorting to use CGI on Yoda, even though they used the puppet in the first prequel. Anakin was a little whinny *****, but Luke had his moments too, especially in A New Hope. Except for those two things I really don’t have any problems with the Prequels. Yes, I don’t have a problem with midichlorians.

Even though I love the originals, I can tear them apart a lot easier than the new ones. I rather enjoy the re-tinkered originals, not the newest ones mind you. The ones I own are quite cool, I really like the deleted scene in A New Hope with Jaba and Han. Also in Return of the Jedi at the end - when they were celebrating they incorporated some of the new worlds like Naboo and Coruscant. I will admit I didn’t like them popping in the ghost of young Anakin at the end.

I love the Star Wars franchise as a whole. I love the Old Republic games, the Prequels, and the Originals. As for the newest gripe, the only thing I don't care for them is going with the 3D gimmick for the re-release.

Last edited by a moderator:
my only real issue with the SW franchise at current is that instead of trying to expand the universe or make anything good or new they are just redoing the old movies again and again. its gotten a little rediculous how many times they re-release them. i mean, first it was vhs, fine, then dvd, fine, and blu-ray and now again in 3D? i mean how many different versions of the same 6 movies do we need? i would much rather see that live show they told us they were gonna do. and that was what like 6 years ago now? instead we got that POS clone wars show. i for one would much rather see ep 7-9 produced (as im sure most of us would) rather than go see Jar Jar Binks in 3D. to me its stopped being about SW and its just about money now. however they can repackage it, and remarket it to make a quick buck

...to me its stopped being about SW and its just about money now. however they can repackage it, and remarket it to make a quick buck

I think it's like a band that has one hit, then 20 years of anonymity later they rerecord their one hit. It's certainly easier than writing another hit--sometimes it's just serendipity, or luck--except for the part where GL can afford to hire a team of the best storytellers in the world to write new movies.

I think people who bash the prequels are very passionate about Star Wars.

They take it personally.

I am in the middle. I wish the prequels would have been better, but I dont hate them.

I often imagine writing my own unauthorized version of the prequel trilogy, lol.

People need to get over themselves.

You don't like the movies... fine.
You don't like the prequels... fine.
You don't like Lucas... fine.
You don't like CG... fine.
You think it's about money/greed/etc... fine.

But, for some reason you feel a need to come into every single damn thread and repeat the same old gripes over and over... um, to quote Shatner: "Get a life."

Get over yourselves... these are movies. It's fiction. It's someone else's property.

I don't like Justin Bieber, so I sure as hell ain't going to go to a Bieber site and gripe and complain and generally act like an old lady about it... and it's a crying shame and black eye for all of us that there was a thread that was longer than my arm were a bunch of us were crying like little babies over the blu rays.

Frankly, a lot of us need their diapers changed when it comes to Star Wars.

The starwars bashing going on in almost every thread I read is getting a little annoying

A lot of bashing on any ONE thing, yes, is always a little annoying.

you do realise you're on a predominantly starwars themed website right?

No, not really, not in the last two years that I have been a member. This may have been true in the past, but the times, they are a changin'.

It just seems weird to be on a website dedicated to starwars Props, models, costumes, collectables, the films themselves and hell even the RPF banner was Starwars themed untill a few months ago. Yet every SW thread is full of bashing Lucas, the prequels, vader saying no, the bluerays blah blah blah

Again, things have changed/are changing. Mission statement as it were: "Collaborate, create, and collect at the internet's largest community dedicated to props, costumes and models." Not one mention of Star Wars.

The number of hardcore Star Wars fans here may not be diminished any at all, but the percentages have certainly shifted with the influx of many new members who are the hardcore fans of many different franchises. Some of them may not even like Star Wars, so when their voices of descent are added to the voices of the some of the Star Wars fans disgruntled by one thing or another, it just seems like more bashing than usual--But, again percentage wise, it probably isn't any more than in the past.

Shylaah

Heh... it was only a matter of time. Have you seen some Star Trek fans? I often wonder if they liked anything other than TWOK.

Unfortunately if you bring this subject up too much, then suddenly you are considered a troll. But whining about Star Wars endlessly is fine.

It's about time for somebody to speak up. I understand that the prequels aren't as good as the originals, but I still love star wars and always will. I don't get why people feel that they have to force their negative opinions down everybody's throats constantly. I understand everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I think it gets ridiculous after the fiftieth time. Thank you for posting this Werstrooper.

I'll go see it. Jar Jar meh, but thats a given. But like the podracing and some other stuff I'll totally go see it. Its not all ****. Personally episode 3 is one of my favorite movies. I cant wait for Titanic 3D either. Whatever about Lucas etc. Star Wars is a huge part of my life so I accept everything good or bad, kinda like being in Canada. lol.

is it just me?

I'm not even a hardcore fan boy and it's wearing me down a bit. :(

It happens... I don't even notice that much anymore, I guess I kind of just block it out. Back when Lostpedia Forum was buzzing the 'haters' could spit venom. :lol It made them feel better, a bit maybe.

To quote a tagline from over there: A disappointed fan is still a fan.

I bought the Complete Saga on Blu-ray the day it was released. There, I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back