Ok the SW bashing is getting out of hand for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
The starwars bashing going on in almost every thread I read is getting a little annoying

you do realise you're on a predominantly starwars themed website right?

It just seems weird to be on a website dedicated to starwars Props, models, costumes, collectables, the films themselves and hell even the RPF banner was Starwars themed untill a few months ago. Yet every SW thread is full of bashing Lucas, the prequels, vader saying no, the bluerays blah blah blah

is it just me?

I'm not even a hardcore fan boy and it's wearing me down a bit. :(

StarWars is poo get over it :)

I completely agree with the OP. I poke fun at certain things about the films, but at the end of the day, I'm a fan. I can discuss lightsaber combat forms, or minutia of details about characters and plot. I watch the Clone Wars every week, and I plan on seeing TPM 3D, assuming that the conversion was handled well.

But all the constant whining about the prequels (and particularly TPM) is just silly, and sets a very negative vibe. Maybe it's not your movie, but there's a reason why it was so successful, and why products are still to this day being made related to that movie. Sure, the PT has its problems, but all 6 films do. I remember a time when it was all about the Ewok bashing. Then Jar Jar came along and people moved on to him, and then it was the subsequent prequels. Then it was the Clone Wars series. Then the Blu-rays, and now TPM in 3D. And if the live action series gets made, I'm sure there will be plenty of complaining about that too.

If you really can't just enjoy Star Wars for what it is, then let it go, move along, and let the rest of us have fun in peace.

I'll stop complaining when Lucas stops holding the OT hostage.

It's not the constant revisionism. It's not the crappy prequels. It's the taking of our film history as a hostage is why people are angry. And like it or not, loudly voicing our opinion is the only weapon we have. So get used to it, cause it ain't going away.

Release the hostages and preserve film history, and I will gladly shut my mouth and let George hack and chop away on those god forsaken Frankenstein special editions all he wants.
Get over it. Change your diaper... They're his movies!

Hostages? That's just stupid. You don't like it, don't buy it... But for crying out loud, don't act like he's holding anything hostage. That's ridiculous.

I traveled 4000 miles to see TPM, before its official opening over here in Germany three months later. I saw it in a small theater with a lot of small kids running around. Worst experience ever. Man, I was depressed. But a day later we saw it at the Ziegfeld theater, completely different experience. On Friday I will see it with my old buddies, the gang that got together to celebrate all movie premieres with a huge event. The last event for ROTS brought about 10.000 people to the movie theater.

Star Wars goes way beyond the movies for me, so yes, I can understand that the bashing can get on one´s nerves. But hey, how many people hate what´s going on in Football, or hate Nazcar or Baseball? But still they go to the stadiums every damn weekend, or watch tv for ours, although the players are all wusses or the system is too greedy with the salaries being too high and what not...

If you see a hater thread it might not be a hater, but a lover who is complaining. Like in a very old relationship. Both seemingly hate each other, but stay together for unknown reasons.

Hey, they are only movies. Or are they?

The starwars bashing going on in almost every thread I read is getting a little annoying

It just seems weird to be on a website dedicated to starwars Props, models, costumes, collectables, the films themselves and hell even the RPF banner was Starwars themed untill a few months ago. Yet every SW thread is full of bashing Lucas, the prequels, vader saying no, the bluerays blah blah blah

is it just me?

I'm not even a hardcore fan boy and it's wearing me down a bit. :(
Really? Predominantly? Dedicated to Star Wars (note the spelling, two words, both capitalized. Why do you hate Star Wars? :lol)

It seems to me that Star Wars is just one small part of a large, vibrant prop community.

Now, if this were TheForce.net, then you might have a point.

People need to get over themselves.

You don't like the movies... fine.
You don't like the prequels... fine.
You don't like Lucas... fine.
You don't like CG... fine.
You think it's about money/greed/etc... fine.

But, for some reason you feel a need to come into every single damn thread and repeat the same old gripes over and over... um, to quote Shatner: "Get a life."

Get over yourselves... these are movies. It's fiction. It's someone else's property.

I don't like Justin Bieber, so I sure as hell ain't going to go to a Bieber site and gripe and complain and generally act like an old lady about it... and it's a crying shame and black eye for all of us that there was a thread that was longer than my arm were a bunch of us were crying like little babies over the blu rays.

Frankly, a lot of us need their diapers changed when it comes to Star Wars.

%100 percent man!

Its so cool to hate on Star Wars, or George Lucas etc etc. Its why I made my Greedo shirt :D

GreedoShirt.jpg

I think people who bash the prequels are very passionate about Star Wars.

They take it personally.

I am in the middle. I wish the prequels would have been better, but I dont hate them.

I often imagine writing my own unauthorized version of the prequel trilogy, lol.

Same here. In general I liked the Prequels. I also see a lot of the flaws. I'm not running around posting everywhere that GL raped my childhood or some of that BS people post. I will even go see them in 3D to see if they are any better or worse.

Yes it's bashing, after the 100th time you do it, and some people here are WAY beyond that.

And saying it like it is, will get you banned here. Just sayin'.

oh. so if you like SW, great, if you don't you get banned. there's an open forum based on free speech eh, lol.
sad to say that's fact though, i had a post pulled cos i called GL a rude name, it was pretty pathetic.

I think the original threads bashing Star Wars prequels were better.

:lol

I don't bash Star Wars. I love the Star Wars films, all three of them :D

I complain because I care.

Wait...Star Wars had two sequels? Dang!

I recall some fanfilm nonsense, where they tried to make out Vader was Luke's dad (as if!) and even, in the last one, that Luke and Leia were brother and sister (gag).

Surely nobody takes that kind of rubbish seriously? :facepalm

oh. so if you like SW, great, if you don't you get banned. there's an open forum based on free speech eh, lol.
sad to say that's fact though, i had a post pulled cos i called GL a rude name, it was pretty pathetic.

Give over! A post pulled because it contravened the CoC, that's one thing. Because it bashed GL? No way. We spend half our lives doing that around here.

Yeah, I'm done too. I'm finding it tiring watching every thread that even remotely deals with Star Wars turning into the same. Blasted. Thing.

I'm waiting for Cheezburger network to start up a new site dedicated to the topic.

:(

You seem to imply there's some contradiction here. I think almost everyone here likes Star Wars (1977), no? Further, most of the props and builds are related to the OT. I've yet to come across a build of a prequel model, for instance. Again, no weirdness, no irony, no contradiction in the slamming of post-'83 'Star Wars'.

Every time a bad movie like Battlefield Earth is mentioned, some schmuck will pop in with "It was still better than..." and name a prequal. I'm at the point where I'm going to quote them and reply "Huhuh snork... good one Beavis." I will also remind those here that the RPF started as a Star Wars specific prop forum, and evolved from there.

I remember the unadulterated joy, with the discovery that Obi's ANH saber grip, was in fact a rifle grenade. All the prop work that erupted when TPM came out, Gillette sold more Venus razors for Jedi communicators, than to shave women's legs that summer. Jedi Vic, and his quest for the perfect Obi-TPM saber. Nailed it...WHUPS, the pommel cubes have holes in them. WHUPS, the emitteris solid, no hole. WHUPS, Ewan mentioned in an interview that the brass valve has a purple hemisphere in it...AAAAARRRRRGH!

It saddens me to see even that affection get twisted now because of a few that as stated, need to get over it.

They're crap. They'll always be crap. Deniers could also make an effort to get over it, no?

Oh and Mic, your antibashing is not one whit less relentless or tiresome. But you're my fellow godless heathen, so I don't hate you for it. :lol

You can't just admit, the bashing is old, tiring, and pointless.

The entire debate is old, tiring, and pointless. Both sides.

The "Apologists" and "Enablers" can be just as insufferable and as vocal as the "Haters", with an added dose of butt-hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back