I should have documented the build better, but unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the wiring set up.
All the lighting comes from individual 3v LEDs, run in parallel to a single DC adaptor that runs to the wall power. The adaptor is great, because it can be adjusted to only output the correct volts, so no resistors needed.
This is my first time lighting anything, so someone who knows crap from shinola would probably look at what I did and have a stroke. But hey, it works.
There are 8 LEDs in the car: one for each headlight, one for the glowing grille, one behind the dash to make the speedometer and radio glow, and one for each tail light. The wires fit between the body and the interior walls pretty easily. Everything met and got wired together in the empty trunk space, then I drilled a hole in the gas tank next to the rear tire so I could run the power lines out of the car and down through the floor of the diorama.
After finishing my Mad Max War Rig last year. I wanted to develop some different modeling skills: glossy paint instead of matte, clean instead of dirty, a detailed diorama, and most importantly, lights. I'd never done lights before. So, I decided to try another car. I'm a big Stephen King fan, and there was really only one car that had everything I wanted. My old girl Christine.
One big plus to kit-bashing your own War Rig, is that you end up with tons of random unused model car parts just sitting in boxes waiting for a purpose (not to mention decal sheets, tires, etc). Perfect for building a junkyard garage like Darnell's from the movie.
The garage has lights behind the huge windows, but most of the Creepshow-style lighting comes from Christine herself. Green from the interior dashboard lights, red from the taillights. and blue from under the hood.