Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Don't buy from the link, tomorrow I should have photos from Karin (if not all of us) of the actual shoe they are selling. Quite excited :)

yayyy tell Karin she'll get a bunch of orders once we know more about the item (i.e. actual shots) and also if the shape is right, more of us would pick up a grey too.....

Ye that's why I'm insisting no one buys just yet.. If its not a new design from the v2 then I won't be buying them.. I'm hoping it is a new design though of the v2 or to be honest a different factory has given the mags a go, that would be some surprise :)

She did tell me though the strap will light up so let see tomorrow when I get photos :)

Last edited:
don't get your hopes up people. I guess you missed my post on the other thread.

these are just V2 in black colour.
Exact same as the other V2s except for the colour change.
Same crappy LEDs as well! And No, the strap doesn't light up, unless they plan to miraculously discover what an EL Panel is!

Yes, the one you guys posted up before is of a real 2011 black customised mag. Someone actually posted that up before.

But yes, they have done the V2 in black, I guess using that customised mod as inspiration for this colour way. It's hilarious, They've simply done the exact same v2 knockoff , except in the black colorway, here are some pictures.
Same crappy LEDs.
I guess the only thing these are good for is the soles and heel cup and buckle.
the rest i wouldn't even need to make a custom black pair.

big_zps9bef0ecb.jpg

big3_zps97dd34ec.jpg

big2_zps9c600dd5.jpg

big6_zpse4c72644.jpg

big4_zpsd676b7f6.jpg

big5_zpsaa1e5c03.jpg

don't get your hopes up people. I guess you missed my post on the other thread.

these are just V2 in black colour.
Exact same as the other V2s except for the colour change.
Same crappy LEDs as well! And No, the strap doesn't light up, unless they plan to miraculously discover what an EL Panel is!

Yes, the one you guys posted up before is of a real 2011 black customised mag. Someone actually posted that up before.

But yes, they have done the V2 in black, I guess using that customised mod as inspiration for this colour way. It's hilarious, They've simply done the exact same v2 knockoff , except in the black colorway, here are some pictures.
Same crappy LEDs.
I guess the only thing these are good for is the soles and heel cup and buckle.
the rest i wouldn't even need to make a custom black pair.

Ah that's a little disappointing. Thanks for posting these airair.

I wish we could get in touch with the factory itself. Give them ideas and pointers. I'm sure people would still buy the shoes if they were more accurate but didn't have any logos or letters to avoid problems with nike. That would give modders something to do lol.

Thanks for sharing Airair! Disappointed they have done nothing to the v2 shape..even more disappointed Karin told me it had a light up strap but clearly from the photos it's still glow in the dark..

Had this convo earlier with Karen confirming. (convo in reverse)

Karin Chen:
05:43 Jul 28,2013
Would you like to buy it?
05:35 Jul 28,2013
This black pair of shoes is with light up strap.The logo on strap is glow in dark,not use electric.It's same like picture but it's glow in dark,not use electric. :)
I think at present it won't make the light up in grey color.But in future,if we have,I will let you know.Tomorrow I will send you pictures. :)
Me:
06:29 Jul 28,2013
Ok will wait for your pictures thanks Karen! Do you k ow if they will make a new version of the original grey one yet?
Karin Chen:
06:01 Jul 28,2013
Actual shoes just same like that.I just not taken much pics yet because it's new coming out.But if you need,I can send it by tomorrow to you. Actual shoes is same with that. :)
Me:
05:59 Jul 28,2013
Do you have pictures of the actual one please

Yeah I got the same reply from Karin...

Yes,friend.The logo word on strap can glow in dark.It's not use electric.It's same like the pictures.

It looks better because it is white and not blue.

They can't just make a new version due to the cost of the mold. Looking at my own shoes (and thinking back to when I was going to get parts made using injection molding), the fact that the heel cup is attached pushes the cost of the mold into the 5 figures (way more if that same mold was made in the US) because of the complex mechanics needs to release the heel cup. If it were just a simple 2 part mold like for the sole of the V1, then the mold could be made for about $4K. Once you get into this level, the mold is over $10K.

Last edited:
The Heel cup is not part of the sole, the sole is a seperate piece.

The heel cup is a seperate part glued down just inside to the back of the sole.

Its actually molded and shaped so it sits right inside at the back of the midsole. Then the entire uppers are glued on pushed right into the back.

I've stripped them apart and its not 1 piece.

Yeah I got the same reply from Karin...

It looks better because it is white and not blue.

They can't just make a new version due to the cost of the mold. Looking at my own shoes (and thinking back to when I was going to get parts made using injection molding), the fact that the heel cup is attached pushes the cost of the mold into the 5 figures (way more if that same mold was made in the US) because of the complex mechanics needs to release the heel cup. If it were just a simple 2 part mold like for the sole of the V1, then the mold could be made for about $4K. Once you get into this level, the mold is not over $10K.

I would to take another look at your tear down images. Even thought the entire right shoe lights have now failed (after just 2 wears) I am not I am ready to cut these up yet.

Here's something from my old photos I dredged up that might make people here smile.....
random bike in central Melbourne a couple years ago, forgot I had this pic
not really anything to do with the replicas but I bet the guy that has this bike has at LEAST the v2s.....
marty has a bike now.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back