Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I noticed that having opened so many of these shoes up, the reason why the wiring is possibly coming loose and dying so easily is because they are glued so damn tight to the fabric!

Thats not good to read. I was hoping to use the factory wire as draw wire. I guess not then.

Does anyone know why the thin el inverters have such thin gauge wire?

They are a little too thin in my opinion.

It would be better if they were slightly thicker.
I've added some hot glue to strengthen them.

Does anyone know why the thin el inverters have such thin gauge wire?

They are a little too thin in my opinion.

It would be better if they were slightly thicker.
I've added some hot glue to strengthen them.

I agree. I usually loop them and glue them to the side of the inverter so they don't wiggle. The hot glue is a good idea.

Every time I have ordered from Karin my shoes have been dirty with either glue or what looks like dirty fingers. And the box they come in is always smashed pretty badly. I have actually been thinking of buying from someone else now on. Although Karin has good communication and informed me a lot on what kind of protection circuit ect they use in their shoes.

My first pair from Karin was perfectly clean, the 2nd pair, not so. She is fast in getting back to your inquiry.

There are at least 4 decent sellers on aliexpress.

All cheaper than Karin Chen.

Since you pay by credit card you are automatically covered so there is no need to worry.

There are sellers $25 to $30 cheaper who you can get your shoes from.

Because my 2nd pair had a light out, she said she would give me a discount off the next purchase. I do wonder how much?

Because my 2nd pair had a light out, she said she would give me a discount off the next purchase. I do wonder how much?

I hate that kind of response. They're not addressing the problem on the order with the problem, but rather trying to make you spend more money to give you the "make it right" of your initial problem. The "next order" could very well have something wrong with it too. What would they do then? Tell you they'd give you a discount on a 3rd order? Ridiculous. They should refund a bit of money on the initial order. I can't see why that can't happen.

Welcome to buying out of China. They have got better since they held the games in 2008. Before that, the most mass produced quality was bad and if the order was wrong, the standard response was "we fix next order". The company I was dealing with didn't like my response of "there won't be another order because I can't sell this crap you have supplied".

It seemed that during or the games they learned that if they produce a better part in smaller quantities, they can charge more for it and the western world will buy again. A win win for them. Don't get me wrong because some of the worlds best optics come out of China, so they can make good stuff. Mind you, you pay for that level of quality though.

Is anyone doing the straps anymore? I've order a pair of shoes and would like to add the straps. If I can't order guess ill have to it my own together.

Welcome to buying out of China. They have got better since they held the games in 2008. Before that, the most mass produced quality was bad and if the order was wrong, the standard response was "we fix next order". The company I was dealing with didn't like my response of "there won't be another order because I can't sell this crap you have supplied".

It seemed that during or the games they learned that if they produce a better part in smaller quantities, they can charge more for it and the western world will buy again. A win win for them. Don't get me wrong because some of the worlds best optics come out of China, so they can make good stuff. Mind you, you pay for that level of quality though.

Hehe, well I'm glad the 2 pairs of V2s that I bought are the only ones I'm ever planning on getting, and the order was problem free.

I am going to upgrade the batteries for the last time then I will be happy with the electronics in the shoes! I am going to cast a slightly larger ankle buckle in order to fit the new battery. New battery has over 2 times the capacity after I upgrade for this last time! Either this or put the battery in the sole...but I will see how the new buckles look when I am done and see. It is the largest battery (2600mah) that will be roughly the same size as ankle the buckle. Without having to make the ankle buckle look out of proportion

OLD BATTERY

twpn.jpg

NEW BATTERY

8jp4.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking to see if it might be possible to cut out the middle of the rubber part to house a 9V and then cover it with the CP 3D printed part. Looks like the 9V might be too thick.

DSCF4248.JPG

I understand why you would rather house the Lion battery in the ankle buckle, but cavx, why house the 9v there? The space in the sole is perfect for it.

just did another 2 conversions for some people, here is a video of latest one.

3v running off 2 x aaa batteries (1.2v rechargeables) or 1.5v alkalines.

i'm looking for some 9v thin inverters, might have to go with coolight.com, but shipping is a bit pricey to UK, so will probably get quite a few.

does anyone know what other inverters could fit in the soles?
most of the inverters are huge bricks other than the thin 9v and 3v one.

Last edited by a moderator:
airair, yours look great, why change to a 9v? Yours seem bright enough.

How many hours do you get out of the aaa's?

I understand why you would rather house the Lion battery in the ankle buckle, but cavx, why house the 9v there? The space in the sole is perfect for it.

9v is just way too thick to ever put inside a buckle, the only real option is a thin li-on battery like others have done.
On top of that, you still need cloneprops or some other custom made buckle which is thin enough to house everything in easily.

chiselling the v2 is doable but you still need to think about li-on safety and such (that lithium battery explosion video keeps popping up in my head whenever i think of lithium!), but then again we do use lithium batteries in our phones every day.

At the moment, i just think a li-on setup is just a bit too much at this stage.

The easiest for having a charging port is surely the 9v method, and just have the charging port glued in the standard v2 buckle.

I might do that now for the next few attempts once i get some 9v inverters.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back