Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

They look great! The only thing i have to say is the color of the fabric is too dark but it looks to be the right texture.

I think you'll find the "grey" speaker cloth is standard around the world. If it is the same as the sample I have, under good lighting, it really nice and not too dark at all. I don't have time right now to watch the full video but the shoe looks very good.

Tempted to get a pair then. I know the Black ones aren't like the originals but there's something I kinda like about them

Tempted to get a pair then. I know the Black ones aren't like the originals but there's something I kinda like about them
You're totally right dude, they are great, even if they aren't the same color as the originals.
Sans titre.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    966 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 481
Go the original grey with white :)

MAGs + Mr Fusion :)
BTTFs2.jpg
Thought I'd share this. The photo was taken by RPF member Supatrooper.

Alright, I just got a pair of V2 Air Mags from AliExpress and figured I'd share my experience.

When ordering it was between the two most recommended stores. Karen Chen's store ($250) Or China Koko ($235)

I decided to order from China Koko, and save the $15. I figured they are all coming from the same factory and these two stores are just two different resellers. I ordered on Aug 26th and received the shoes Sept 4th. So it took 9 days to get here.

Here are my initial thoughts. They are great looking, but not without flaws. Nothing that isn't fixable, but In the end I'm left wondering if paying the extra $15and going with Karen would have eliminated some of the issues. As she may have better QC on her side.

Hoping some people who have ordered in the past can shed some light and see if its just common things. Or if its something the seller might be able to fix. Never used Aliexpress so not sure how it works.

Here is the box. Pretty well made and came in without any major damage. Not pristine, but I figured the dents and stuff came from shipping. Came in a brown box that was pretty much the same size as the shoe box. In order to keep the box perfect It would have to be shipped in a much larger box with padding.
Box.JPG

Here is what you see when you open the box
Opened.JPG

And then everything laid out. (Figured a common Mod would be to add another layer of foam to the bottom as well as the little white box that comes with the charger with the RD's. Along with the booklet)
StuffInBox.JPG

Lateral Side
Lateral.JPG

Medial Side
Medial.JPG

Now onto some small issues. You can see some small dark dirt marks under the throat. As well as one of the laces having seem down the middle. Dirt is probably easily cleaned. (sure they'll get dirtier when I wear them out anyways.) But not sure I can do anything about the lace.
Laces.JPG

Also a bit of dirt on the collars.
Collars.JPG

There are some major creases on the collars. Hopefully these go away. Going to put some support inside the shoe collars them to give them a bit of shape and see what happens over night. Maybe steam could help? Or it'll minimize with wear. Or its just common and would have happened overtime.

Creases.JPG

Also a small crinkle on this shoe. Look like it might be permanent as it feels pretty rigid.
Crinkle.JPG

Also on the left shoe there is a major teal splotch on the heel. Just looks like the counter is a bit flat in that area, and the paint just smudged. Just going to have to take some paint and touch up that area. Nike Mag paint isnt perfect, but again seems like an easy touch up.

Heel.JPG

Lights on one shoe looked great and pretty dim on the other. I was planning on doing the EL panel Mod, but a bit disappointing that one shoe was clearly more dim than the other.
lights.JPG

Last edited:
Good to know. But, do you mean; Iron with a damp towel in between or just a regular iron on the spot?

Well when I flattened out my lace ribs on my shoes, I used a dry napkin and an iron. I didn't steam it. Then I realized that the napkin prevented the iron from flattening it in a decent amount of time, so I got rid of it and was just more careful. I did the same thing when I wore them and a crease appeared at the toes.

You can integrate the EL straps into the existing electronics from the shoe. You either have to rewire the entire shoe OR run your EL strap off a separate battery source.

Thanks yes that's what I want to do tap into it. I got the Repskicks version. I was hoping someone could sell me a set. Do you have any to sell :)

Thanks yes that's what I want to do tap into it. I got the Repskicks version. I was hoping someone could sell me a set. Do you have any to sell :)

They're all the same "version". You CAN'T tap into the electronics. I don't sell just the strap. Who45 used to. Not sure if he does anymore. I think they were about $100-$125 for the pair of straps.

Jedifyfe is right. You can't really use the existing electronics to wire in a strap. its basically all or nothing with these shoes!

You can do a seperate strap, but you will therefore have 2 switches, one for a strap and one for the sole/ankle leds.

The easiest way for having a seperate light up strap is the coin cell inverter (but its thickness may be a problem, i will check measurements)

also, the strap will be aqua el sheet super bright, while the sole lights will be blue dim leds in comparison, so they will definitely look a bit off.
Also there is no guarentee how long the sole leds will last, as they will eventually die out.

I noticed that having opened so many of these shoes up, the reason why the wiring is possibly coming loose and dying so easily is because they are glued so damn tight to the fabric!

especially the ankle leds, the actual wires are so tightly glued, and the wire that goes to the switch, that eventually any stretching or harsh movements will probably break the wires.

they are very delicate.
Once you put your own wiring though as per Jedifyfe's killer wiring diagram, you can have a near enough bullet proof solid wiring with proper EL panels and bright LEDs.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back