Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Is there anything at all that can be done to the shoes to avoid yellowing?
After around 3 years my V2 did noticably yellow (that was obvious on both the clear and mid soles, and on one of the ankle buckles) although they were never displayed in direct sunlight.

After around 3 years my V2 did noticably yellow (that was obvious on both the clear and mid soles, and on one of the ankle buckles) although they were never displayed in direct sunlight.
Unfortunetly you will not be able to get them as clear as new it is a matter of quality and series, my black pair of V2 have the soles that look good as new and i'm really impressed i have to say because i wore them countless of time, in the sun, rain, dust, oil etc ...

As I mentioned above, if the rubber or any part of the shoe is affected by UV light, the whole part is affected.

Oxidation (rust) in steel can be cut out.
Oxidation (electrolysis) in aluminium is like cancer right through the part and in time, the whole thing will rot out.

Same thing for UV affected rubber.

Armor All wipes can be used to clean and protect against UV, but you have to use them religiously. Probably not as much for the sides, but certainly on the bottoms because it will get stripped off when walking.

Armor All wipes can be used to clean and protect against UV, but you have to use them religiously. Probably not as much for the sides, but certainly on the bottoms because it will get stripped off when walking.

A band-aid solution at best. If the Chinese didn't use UV stable rubber, nothing you do will prevent these from yellowing.

Agreed, unless the original incorporated UV stable material you can only hope to create a UV barrier.

You guys are not getting it. The soles are clear. The barrier is clear. That means that UV light will penetrate to the core. This is not the same as applying sunscreen to prevent sunburn.

As I mentioned above, if the rubber or any part of the shoe is affected by UV light, the whole part is affected.

Oxidation (rust) in steel can be cut out.
Oxidation (electrolysis) in aluminium is like cancer right through the part and in time, the whole thing will rot out.

Same thing for UV affected rubber.

Thanks for the answer. I guess the only option is to keep them away from light as much as possible. Well in any case I wasn't too bothered by the yellowing on my V2 in the first place. And my V3 are just for display so I guess they should age better than if I was going to wear them around.

Thanks for the answer. I guess the only option is to keep them away from light as much as possible. Well in any case I wasn't too bothered by the yellowing on my V2 in the first place. And my V3 are just for display so I guess they should age better than if I was going to wear them around.

You could put them in a UV resistant display case.

It might or it might not. The point being, if the rubber is not UV stable, this will only delay the effect of yellowing.

Besides, normally you spray that onto the dash. How will you apply this so you don't spray the cloth of the shoes? Somehow, getting this stuff on the fabric will not end well.

you could always mask of the rest of the shoe apart from the sole?

You could put them in a UV resistant display case.

The windows in my office are either blocked by curtains (albeit white ones) or covered with anti-uv film (and the doors have frosted glass panels). My Mags are displayed in a detolf. Maybe I should apply anti uv film to the detolf as well or is that overkill ?

I just feel it will just delay the process. I think it's inevitable eventually? Or is there a magic incantation?

hmm from what i can tell, the Avada Kedavra curse might just prevent it from yellowing. for sure it will turn them black tho :lol sorry had to throw some harry potter in to this.

On a serious note. theirs got to be something out there!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back