New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

No question about that, Robn. Andrews' set of videos was what inspired my suggestion to Robiwon. I just worry (I do that too much) about the bridge lighting being too faint in comparison to the rest of the model that does have fiber. I got my .5mm light guide yesterday, and it seems to easily accommodate quite the bend. (200' doesn't look like much when it's only .5mm!)

Nothing will compare to fibres. I have an Enterprise D model that comes built and lit with just holes. While it's cool it's still not near as cool as fibres. You only see lights directly in front of you too where as with fibres you can see them at all angles.

Ben

Nothing will compare to fibres. I have an Enterprise D model that comes built and lit with just holes. While it's cool it's still not near as cool as fibres. You only see lights directly in front of you too where as with fibres you can see them at all angles.

Ben

:thumbsup

Great. I had to watch those videos! I have waited long enough, My ZSD obviously is never making it Stateside so I ordered another. If I end up with two, I'll have one for sale! Stupid awesome Star Destroyer!

Actually I used the same seller, as everyone that ordered from him that stated so on here has received their SD,as well as his 100% feedback. Not to mention he is very communicative and quick to respond. I'm sure it is either sitting on a shelf in Russia or at the bottom of the ocean. It will probably show up within days of the second one. I hope,otherwise I'm a huge sucker! :facepalm

You did use a different seller this time, right? LOL

I was told mine would arrive mid-february ish. Ordered from Pavel Sapozhnikov.

Well, it arrived today! Woohoo! All I can say is - Wow!

Ordered with a box which arrived in a mailing bag. A little banged up but the box is quite sturdy so no harm done. This is going to be fun.

By the way, I ordered from an ebay seller who goes by the user name of Vdimoni73. I was given an estimate of March 21st and April 4th. And as I said above, it shipped on Jan 12th and got here last week sometime. Conservative estimates are nice things. Never promise more than you can guarantee, and try to offer less.

I just got mine from a seller named volgania. Excellent packaging! Box is huge! (Sorry in advance for my dogs photobombing)

067657fd238ad8e3022d305ced22eef4.jpg
3782042b4fb715662835a3f805189f7a.jpg
2df4e398569249c9db03967c223f4c5d.jpg
7eae0bb4d5fe9d5fb0efd1002023debe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just noticed I got a USPS tracking number on eBay Feb 2. So..... maybe another week or so? Need to get to work on my new workshop!

Mine was sent on the 19th of December. Cleared customs in Russia around the 28th. Hasn't moved since.Seller said he would check into it last week. Still no movement. Im hoping its still coming, but I am also trying to come to grips with just having to eat that $$$. Either way, I'll get one eventually, it just may cost twice as much as it should have:lol

Mine showed up one morning last week. Tracking never changed though so there is still hope for everyone else. :)

Nice to see them starting to show up, but as I kind of expected, the Revell rebox is the same price I paid to have it shipped from Russia. On another note, I'm trying to get my head around how best to tackle the angle of the bridge. I'm thinking in general any trimming should tilt the assembly forward, hinging at the aft-most edge, rather than raising that rear edge, but I'd love to see anyone who has come up with a solution throw some pics up!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back