Hi All, I have joined the RFP to research options regarding acquiring a hero version of the M41A pulse rifle. I have the stunt version from Hollywood Collectibles Group and know of their out-of-product hero version, but that option is a very expensive proposition and there are known issues with the ammunition counter on that piece. I have come across a hero version by a company named Cuernavilla. Does anyone have any information or experience with this company or their M41A replicas? Thanks in advance for any insight that anyone can provide as I research my options. John

Since my entire (live entertainment) industry took a hiatus I've decided to write the story I've had bouncing around my head since I was a kid... it turned into a "tv" show. It's going to be a puppet based sci-fi show. Puppets will end up +-8" tall. Episodes will be 20ish minutes. Season is 14ish episodes.

I have the story arc for the first season, story board for the first episode, and now I'm building major element's so the characters can speak to their writing.

First up are a two background ships since I'd never worked in styrene before and wanted to get familiar with the material before tackling a hero ship or interiors. I'm really looking forward to painting them but I want to buy a Photon Mono and print some greebles first.

I'm here to expand my tool chest of processes and methods and tools so I can get the first episode off the ground to get some backing for subsequent episodes.

Mostly because I love making stuff and want to be around like minded people.

20210517_130613.jpg20210517_130639.jpg20210517_132709.jpg20210507_093636.jpg20210517_133240.jpg

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :)(y)

The RPF Staff
Hello My name is Mike Tatalovich! Even though it lists me as anew member I have been around since 2013, but a massive health crisis, (open heart surgery) kind of got in the way back then and I an just getting around to poking around here again. Been a Trek fan all my life and that is what got me into Science Fiction of many kinds over the years. Even though Star Trek ended when I was 6 I watched the reruns after school religiously. Later I used to go to Star Trek Conventions with friends, these became general Fan Cons a little later. I remember at one Convention here in the St. Louis area at the King Henry the VIII Inn and Lodge, when I got to dance with Nichelle Nichols, a friend and I sat and had drinks with Jimmy Doohan, De Kelley and Nichelle, at the Knight Club in the basement of the Lodge, then in the morning went running with George Takei and I do mean RUNNING the man did not jog, I thought I was going to die!!! They were all very interesting and gracious people that I am sure those we still have with us do not remember me at all. The last mainly Star Trek Con I went to was after the start of STNG. The most amazing show star that I had the opportunity to meat and spend almost 45 minutes chatting with was John de Lancie, he along with the other members of the casts of Trek that I have had the honor to spend time with and to talk to all were very genuine and down to earth people! John truly appreciated all of his fans and knew that he was where he was because of them. At that Con there was a particularly bad comedy skit being put on by the Con organizers at the Banquet! It was bombing and people were getting upset because of the bad entertainment and the fact that the were serving us vegetarian lasagna for the main course. John jumped up on the stage took the microphone from the guy trying to entertains us and proceeded to take questions for something like an hour and a half while we ate. That was AFTRE he had stopped at each and every table in the hall to talk with every one at the banquet earlier in the evening!! Those were memorable years of my life and hope to never get to feeble of mind to remember them. I have always wanted to have many of the props from my favorite shows and movies, but I did not have the time or money to build or buy them. Now I am disabled and have the time, but still not much money, but I am determined to make as much as I can. I have a wide range of interests so I will probably get to most areas to ask lots of questions and for advice on many things. anyway thanks in advance to all those that help me with my efforts in the future.

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Kerry. I am a sales manager at a car dealership to pay the bills, but in my spare time I build models, props, prop replicas and work on stage effects, props and sets. I also have a long background in special effects makeup and practical effects. I finally decided to join theRPF as it’s a place full of my people! Y’all seem to appreciate the eclectic and hard work that goes into making a “thing”! Facebook and Instagram only go so far!

Given my background in set design and theater I really like the place in which the scene happens. So dioramas, outdoor scenes, scenes with effects and larger items usually peak my interest. I don’t have a large house, so I tend to work in miniature so that my wife, who is very supportive, doesn’t get buried in my crazy!

currently I am working on a 1:12 scale model of the shrink ray from “Honey I Shrunk the kids”. It’s one of those things, when growing up, that really caught my attention and I love the madness of it. I’m building it out of raw styrene and some kit bashing. The goal here is to make the ray and then actually place it in a diorama of the attic! I’ll create a thread on that soon!
Thanks for having me!
Kerry

Hello, my name is Kerry. I am a sales manager at a car dealership to pay the bills, but in my spare time I build models, props, prop replicas and work on stage effects, props and sets. I also have a long background in special effects makeup and practical effects. I finally decided to join theRPF as it’s a place full of my people! Y’all seem to appreciate the eclectic and hard work that goes into making a “thing”! Facebook and Instagram only go so far!

Given my background in set design and theater I really like the place in which the scene happens. So dioramas, outdoor scenes, scenes with effects and larger items usually peak my interest. I don’t have a large house, so I tend to work in miniature so that my wife, who is very supportive, doesn’t get buried in my crazy!

currently I am working on a 1:12 scale model of the shrink ray from “Honey I Shrunk the kids”. It’s one of those things, when growing up, that really caught my attention and I love the madness of it. I’m building it out of raw styrene and some kit bashing. The goal here is to make the ray and then actually place it in a diorama of the attic! I’ll create a thread on that soon!
Thanks for having me!
Kerry
I look forward to seeing your work :) Honey I Shrunk the Kids was one of the films that really showed me that grownups can have cool jobs (set builders got to make GIANT legos)

Hello! My name is Joe... I've been lurking for a long time, but have just now signed up. I'm mostly interested in POTC and LOTR prop replicas, but I dabble in other genres as well.

Thanks!

Hello! My name is Joe... I've been lurking for a long time, but have just now signed up. I'm mostly interested in POTC and LOTR prop replicas, but I dabble in other genres as well.

Thanks!
I know Lord of the Rings. But I'm drawing a blank on POTC. I could google it, but we're here to engage with each other, so I'd rather hear about it from a person.

Hello RPF!!

I joined the forum around October of 2020 as a result of Watching Adam Savages Tested on YouTube. Adam referenced the RPF in many of his videos so I thought I’d check out what it was. Now I’m involved in various replica prop discussions and have recently been active on the RPF for a few months now. I have built various props ranging from Star Wars to Halloween and more outside of that.

The props I have recently been working on are…

1. Blade Runner Deckard’s PDK Blaster (by Anders)

2. Pip-Boy 3000 from Fallout: New Vegas

3. Heath Ledgers Joker Diary from The Dark Knight

3. Finally, Darth Vader’s Lightsaber from ESB

I hope in the future I will continue to build and share using the RPF as a guide. This hobby will never get old for me and knowing about the forum has peaked my interest.

Hi all! I have been following this forum for years now, but just now got the courage to join and maybe share some of my creations. I have been making props and costumes for many years now gradually collecting skills from here and there. I'm especially interested in all yhing star wars and lotr, but almost anything goes if I get it in my head. Thank you all for this awesome community and the possibility to be a part of it :)

Hi Everyone

My names Kim and I live in the northen part of Denmark together with my wife. A couple of days ago I was introduced to this forum by "Jaz Creations" and he suggested that I joined the community. So I decided to take a look and was actually a bit surpriced that I didn't know about this forum before. This place seems like a community full of great people and fantastic projects. There are so much inspiration to be had in here :)

Personally I have a lot of different hobbies, and like to consider myself kind of a jack of all trades. 3D Printing, miniature painting, slot car racing, scale models, DIY arcade machines, tabletop games, electronics and woodworking projects are among some of my interests. As long as I can build something or make something with my hands I'm happy :)

Lately I have focused a lot on building movie props, full scale models and replicas but no project is to small, or to large as long as it is fun and challenging doing it. I have worked with all kinds of hobby projects since the mid 90's and I find a lot of joy in building, painting and creating things from scratch.

Around Christmas (2020) I decided that I wanted to fulfill life long dream of mine. So I started to 3D print a full scale T-800 endoskeleton. As the project progressed I made a video about the project and posted it on youtube so others could follow the project and (hopefully) be inspired from it. I actually got so fond of making these videos that I have continued sharing all of my new projects this way.

I happily share all of my projects and experiences, in my opinion information sharing and helping each other is a fundemental part of this hobby. And I'm looking forward to following all of the exciting projects on this forum, learning from them and also sharing some of my own creations.

Best Regards
Kim Kristensen

Hello all! I’m Dylan, a long time lurker of this site. Oblivion (2013) is what originally drew me hear when it came out, and have just recently become a member. Thanks everyone for sharing your creations, they amaze me every time!

Hello all! My name is Thomas. Long time lurker here on the site. I originally joined because of my obsession with Indiana Jones props but I'm also a big fan of Lord of the Rings. I've recently gotten into 3-D printing and woodworking as my hobbies.

Hello. I'm a software developer who's obsessed with making a replica of the TemPad devices from the Loki TV show. I've never done anything like this so I'll have lots of questions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back