Hello RPF. I've always been interested in movies and TV and props. I worked on dozens of student films while at university and even made some props for a couple of films. I don't dedicate as much time to making props as I would like. I first did cosplay in 2014 when I volunteered for Anime Expo. I went as Wang Fire from Avatar: The Last Airbender; I was even featured on the Nickelodeon Tumblr. I now have a goal to make all of Sokka's outfits. I'm currently teaching myself CAD in Fusion 360 to make the most of my 3D printer. My current objective is to collect props from the Netflix show Dark.

Attachments

• IMG-20210304-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20210304-WA0009.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3296.JPG
    IMG_3296.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190825_162503.jpg
    20190825_162503.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot 2021-03-04 194239.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-04 194239.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 86
Hello , nice to be welcomed and part of the community ...
Like most ( if not all ) I have a problem with film props and set dressings lol
My main focus is Blade Runner ...but I do have a few other great things like the Dudes bowling bag , Donnie ashes in an old folgers can , Milners cal custom shift knob (American Grafitti ) ... well the list goes on ... thanks !
Screenshot_20210304-224533_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-224622_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-224610_Gallery.jpg

I have been stumbling across the boards for years building my Star Wars props. I have several approved costumes with the Legions, and always love building more. Currently I am building a second (more accurate) ROTJ Endor Proton Grenade (sometimes called a Bunker Buster) prop, and got some great inspiration here. So I think my next step is to document that build here. I am also a professional artist, and for fun I do photo-edits of my costumes, IG: OddViking.
UK0hbj0.jpg

Hello,

Just joined this awesome community! I'm a long time fan of everything related to Sci-fi and Fantasy. But my heart lies with Star Wars, LOTR and Aliens. Currently hard at work to give my collection a proper place in my new house. Also working on a life-size Vader build among other projects and seriously interested in screen accurate helmets and other props from Star Wars.

Can't wait to dive in the content, I'm a bit overwhelmed with the amount of information available here, but you have to start somewhere.
I hope to meet a lot of new nice people and ask you additional question in all sort of topics, when I've earned my stripes around here a bit more. :)

See you out there!

Last edited:
Happy to join up! Somehow I didn't know about RPF until watching a Tested video today (they are great!), so thought I would share my big ongoing project. I've been a long time fan of the Stargate movies and series, but more recently have gotten into The Expanse. I love how close it is to hard sci-fi, and how real a lot of the evolved technology feels. My day job is a robotics engineer, and I run my own basement shop for prototyping and fun projects.

Currently I am building a lifesize replica of many parts of the Tachi / Rocinante from The Expanse, focusing primarily on the galley. The centerpiece is a fully functioning spinning garden (3 ft diameter) modeled after the Roci. I've leaned into this pretty hard, reproducing 10 unique items so far. It's definitely a learning experience for finishing techniques, low cost workarounds, and how to build really big stuff in a limited space. Since this is a working shop, I need items to be functional while still being show-accurate. To that end there's a lot of cabinetry hidden behind cosmetic items. Hope to post a dedicated thread on this in the future!

PXL_20210303_215730645.jpg

Roci Garden Concept.jpg

PXL_20210220_221219495.jpgPXL_20210223_130401020.jpgPXL_20210304_061831841.jpgPXL_20210309_210719319.jpg

PXL_20210302_195640826.jpgPXL_20210217_035852440.jpgPXL_20210223_202847235.jpg

Attachments

• Expanse Coloring.138.png
    Expanse Coloring.138.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20210310_021212927.jpg
    PXL_20210310_021212927.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
Hi everyone! Excited to join your community! My name's Mike, and I'm new to prop making. Got a 3D printer a few years ago and started learning how to create my own models once I found out how much fun it was to make tangible versions of my favorite props. Big Star Wars and Star Trek fan, so most of my prop interests lie there. Lately been on a Trek kick, and got quite a collection going of things found on Thingiverse and things I designed myself (including the stands). Here's a few pictures. Still working on the screen-accurateness of my stuff but I try to get as close as possible just eyeballing ref photos, and I think this community will be a huge factor in improving my skills. Fun fact, the props in the pictures were not painted at all.

3D Print- My Own Designs.jpeg
3D Print- Entire Collection.jpeg

Hi my name is Nolan and I'm from the UK. I've been on here for a bit but I can't remember if I did one of these. I'm a model maker living in Buckinghamshire. My prop bucket list is a yellow barrel from JAWS, the shark cage from JAWS, the Orca from JAWS and Bruce the shark from JAWS. Bit of a JAWS fan. I like to stick to 1:8 scale for most things, space depending. Looking forward to contributing to the rpf. cheers
Do you have the bruce model available for download or purchase?

Hello everyone was really impressed with all the props I've seen from everyone here nice to be apart of a community that loves what they do, I love the movie aliens and the props and weapons etc that's how I found this site. Just getting started on trying build props big time rookie, thanks for letting me aboard

Long time lurker, finally made an account. Big fan of Star Wars (and all that it entails) and movies in general. Looking forward to learning from other builders, especially aspects of painting techniques.

Hey guys
Been lurking on here for years, but thought i would sign up today
Been sculpting and making props for a few years, i am not a professional I just do them because i love it
Big fan of hellboy, films and comics and have an obsession with making esoteric objects from films. For example i spent weeke researching how i would make the sammael egg from hellboy, which appears for a total of like 15 seconds in the whole film
Anyway love making props and excited to have joined this great community.

Hey guys
Been lurking on here for years, but thought i would sign up today
Been sculpting and making props for a few years, i am not a professional I just do them because i love it
Big fan of hellboy, films and comics and have an obsession with making esoteric objects from films. For example i spent weeke researching how i would make the sammael egg from hellboy, which appears for a total of like 15 seconds in the whole film
Anyway love making props and excited to have joined this great community.
Some of my Bprd things ive been working on, they're not perfect but i enjoy doing them

Attachments

• 20210329_162704.jpg
    20210329_162704.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68
  • 20210329_162607.jpg
    20210329_162607.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
Hi. My name is Nicolas, I'm 43 years old and from Paris,France. I've been a Star Wars nut since I was six years old but also enjoy everything that is Sci-fi. I bought a 3D printer 2 years ago. and since then I made some props (helmets and blasters). I think I will share with you my latest creation, the WASP SN9 from Avatar.

See you soon

Hello all, my name is Steve, I've been a modeler since I was a kid, building scale model kits of cars, trucks, motorcycles, space-ships and aircraft. I have also dabbled in scale model railways/trains and of course scale R/C boats, aircraft and automobiles. I'm married to a very understanding lovely lady, I have three kids from a previous marriage and one step son from my wife's previous marriage. My prop interests are anything with the "Star" prefix, so Star Wars/Trek/Gate are all included. I'd like to include pics of my collection, unfortunately having four kids in a five bedroom house up until a few months ago, (the oldest two just moved out), I haven't had a chance to unpack my collection. If you can imagine, it includes many cars/trucks, aircraft and spacecraft. I also recently purchased a resin and standard 3d printer to help add to my spacecraft collection. Looking forward to seeing all the great work you have all created and displayed here!

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff
Hello guys, I'm yyalp, I started wandering around these forums for about a year ago looking for Back to the Future props and Spider-Man costumes. I decided to create an account because I realized that interacting with the people here would be a great way of learning and researching

I am very interested in Spider-Man, Sci-fi in general (Doctor Who, Star Wars, BTTF, etc.), and cinema as a whole, propmaking is something extremely new for me and I hope I can learn a lot here.

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff
Greetings... Jeff Farley is the name and... who knows? Lol! In actuality, I’ve been in the film industry, working in the makeup effects field for now, over 40 years. Credits include; Arena, The Blob, Babylon 5, The Primevals and Tropic Thunder. One notable achievement was an Emmy nomination for Babylon 5- In the Beginning in 1998. Though I am still active (with Lucky being released on Shudder in March 2021 and the still in post-production Abruptio), I have been moving towards painting as well as reproducing items from films that inspired me while I was a child.

Hey everyone, I know I've been a member here for a few months, but I forgot to do this.

I'm Chris, and I am a prop builder, cartoonist, 3d modeler, and animator. I have a bachelor's of science from the Art Institute of pittsburgh, and I do freelance artwork from time to time.

I am trying to start my own business building cosplay props, outfits, accessories and everything else. This last year has me off to a rough beginning, but I am very hopeful about this year! I will certainly be posting many projects here, and I'm very happy to be a part of this amazing community!

Hi Gang. I've been a movie buff all my life but only recently started collecting replica movie props. (I can't afford the real deal.) I buy most of them on eBay & Etsy, but I've made my own, too. I do painstaking research to make sure my replica props are as screen-accurate as possible. Here are photos of a few pieces in my collection. Looking forward to being a part of this community. - Joe

Attachments

• BACK TO THE FUTURE.jpg
    BACK TO THE FUTURE.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 71
  • BEETLEJUICE.jpg
    BEETLEJUICE.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 71
  • CHRISTMAS STORY.jpg
    CHRISTMAS STORY.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 73
  • COMING TO AMERICA.jpg
    COMING TO AMERICA.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DIE HARD.jpg
    DIE HARD.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 66
  • LAURA.jpg
    LAURA.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 70
  • INDIANA JONES.jpg
    INDIANA JONES.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 78
  • FORREST GUMP.jpg
    FORREST GUMP.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 77
  • MALTESE FALCON.jpg
    MALTESE FALCON.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
  • MARVEL.jpg
    MARVEL.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 69
  • MARY POPPINS.jpg
    MARY POPPINS.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 66
  • ROCKETEER.jpg
    ROCKETEER.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 70
  • ROCKY GLOVES.jpg
    ROCKY GLOVES.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 67
  • ROSEBUD.jpg
    ROSEBUD.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 73
  • TITANIC.jpg
    TITANIC.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 72
  • WILLY WONKA.jpg
    WILLY WONKA.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 70
  • WIZARD OF OZ.jpg
    WIZARD OF OZ.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 74
Gday, RPF, glad to be here.
Im Scott from Melbourne Australia.
I've mainly been collecting and selling movie memorabilia for many years.
But recently I have started to dabble in building items that I know I will never get to own the originals from the movies.
In the process of HIC, and about to start on a Terminator build.
So I will be asking for tips and advice cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back