Long time occasional lurker, finally created an account.

I like to craft stuff when I find the time, and my husband is big into props as well. Favourites include big titles like Indiana Jones props, Star Trek, etc... and a lot of more obscure stuff.

:)

Joined yesterday, but I'm just a guy who likes to do game modding (basically working with games that use Hedgehog Engine 2 or Unreal Engine 4), and I like to draw fairly often. Also I'm a huge fan of animation.

I realized I’ve never made a proper introduction after all this time! I’m Chris, I’m currently in the process of building a Dalek from Doctor Who. After I heard about the passing of Joe Crow, I decided to try and start tracking down MST3K bot parts to make castings to sell. I know not that many people build the bots any more, but I think it would be nice to build up a part collection to mold from, to make it easier for others who want to build them.

Long time lurker. Always enjoy the builds and discussion at RPF. Finally decided to post to seek advice on my Master Replicas Assault Phaser.
I'm generally a kit builder with attention to Star Trek, Star Wars and BSG. Had the "studio scale" bug a few years ago and built a few resin kits with varying degrees of success.

Hello to everyone! My name is Dennis and I do some video production and minor costume building. Always looking for props or just see what others have done. I’ve seen a lot of GREAT work on here and am really happy to be a part of this!
Thanks so much!

Hello all! I've been a long-time lurker on the RPF and have been following various niche prop circles for years. I'm especially interested in the props and costuming of the Alien universe, particularly Alien (1979) and Alien: Isolation. I believe that master costume designer John Mollo and genius illustrator Jean Giraud have entirely shaped my tastes in fashion and Space Age aesthetics. I look forward to sharing my findings and prop recreation efforts with you all!

-Isaac

Hello all! I've been a long-time lurker on the RPF and have been following various niche prop circles for years. I'm especially interested in the props and costuming of the Alien universe, particularly Alien (1979) and Alien: Isolation. I believe that master costume designer John Mollo and genius illustrator Jean Giraud have entirely shaped my tastes in fashion and Space Age aesthetics. I look forward to sharing my findings and prop recreation efforts with you all!

-Isaac
Welcome buddy!

Hello,

I am a high school theater teacher, a prop builder for local theaters, a puppet maker, and overall prop monkey. I enjoy making Star Wars props, original and replica, and have a particular love of replicating found object based props. These props are then used in productions or movie making summer theater camps for kids. I have a guilty pleasure of finding any props/costume pieces associated with Captain Power series.

IMG_0665.JPG
IMG_0916.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_0801.jpg

Hi, new to the forum...

Spent a minute working in the film industry working in a props truck and spent some time working in a prop/costume rental house...had a chance to play with some mighty cool pieces from various movies and tv shows.

Have a couple questions about the care and "upgrading" of a prop I have...figured this forum would be a good place to start. Will create a new thread about it in the correct area.

Like many before me …I’m also a long time lurker and wish I had more time to dedicate to prop building, what some of you achieve is truly astounding! Joined up finally to share my experiences and learn from the best!
bit of a blaster fan, if the film has a blaster/pistol i’m in

Hellooooo!
Long time lurker of the forums, Im mostly active on FB groups but theres no replacing TheRPF.
My name is Devin and I love to make props! Especially Sci fi props and lightsabers.
I have a background in robotics and electronics as well as graphic design, print and marketing. I currently design and craft all manner of signs for commercial clients. But when Im not doing that Im doing customizations and electronic installations on lightsabers AND I've been making flat profiled LED blades which has been my close personal project for almost 3 years now. This especially blew up when I revealed my neopixel Darksaber blade. Ive been hard at work with the R&D and the work that goes into expansion so I could at least attempt to satisfy some of the demand :p
I also have quite the lightsaber collection.
IMG_3689.jpeg

Hellooooo!
Long time lurker of the forums, Im mostly active on FB groups but theres no replacing TheRPF.
My name is Devin and I love to make props! Especially Sci fi props and lightsabers.
I have a background in robotics and electronics as well as graphic design, print and marketing. I currently design and craft all manner of signs for commercial clients. But when Im not doing that Im doing customizations and electronic installations on lightsabers AND I've been making flat profiled LED blades which has been my close personal project for almost 3 years now. This especially blew up when I revealed my neopixel Darksaber blade. Ive been hard at work with the R&D and the work that goes into expansion so I could at least attempt to satisfy some of the demand :p
I also have quite the lightsaber collection.
View attachment 1480869
Thats awesome!

Hi,
My name is Malcolm and I really enjoy making film and tv props. I mainly work with foam but I also use a 3D printer a lot. I am hoping to get new ideas and to learn new skill through this forum and to see what other makers are doing. I am sure I will be blown away.

Hello! I love seeing Kali/Escrima sticks in movies and games. I'm working on some with a modern twist (think Black Widow X Kick-Ass). I hope to write a post soon.

Hi everyone! My name is Kiren and I'm a cosplayer, 2nd year theatre tech student, and aspiring propmaker/costumer for film & tv (and whatever else, I just want to make things!) I've been cosplaying for over 7 years and making props and costumes for just as long. I mostly work with EVA foam, XPS, worbla, etc, but I want to soon branch out into 3D printing and more moldmaking and casting.

Here is a picture of a WoW armor build I just finished for a friend:
IMG_20210805_130556_963.jpg

And here is a picture of me in my widowmaker cosplay:
IFF-20190420142941.jpg

Looking forward to meeting like-minded makers on this forum!

Hi everyone, I’ve been a member of the 405th for some years now. I’ve poked around the RPF numerous times as well. Built a few Halo suits, but now I’m interested in building a MKIII Iron Man. I’d also like to pull off some MK 1.5 prototype boots too at some point and recreate Tony’s first flight as a costume. So figured I join the ranks here for more resources geared towards my future builds. Looking forward to building with everyone. Thanks, here’s a couple of the Halo builds. One adult size Chief abs couple Halo 5 child size suits.
EF9ACE4D-B8AB-48C1-B68F-9083E65281D4.png
40594FB7-7D9F-4423-B150-624C850F49C2.png
4826BF32-7291-414C-81AD-50BCAEC9F4B2.png

Hello everyone,
i found this forum via Facebook while i was looking for cosplay prop groups to learn and share my experience with, and only registered recently, about five minutes up to this post, in fact. I was always interested in guns from various medias, and started out using candy and bottle caps to make paper mache revolvers, then slowly moving up to making swords with cheap wood planks i found in art shops. Right now i'm experimenting with making replicas of firearms, and have moderate success in making a rifle and a revolver. I look forward to seeing, learning and sharing my experience with you all, and i hope that the time we would spend together in the future will become fond memories for the years yet to come.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back