My Celtic Predator Wip: Pic Heavy (Updated Post #100)

Alright James im just gonna say this now.........THATS TOTALLY INCREDIBLE SO FREEKEN AMAZING STELLAR BRILLIANT GENIOUS AND ALL AROUND JUST OUT OF THIS WORLD.

I had no idea i was becoming friends with a pro predator blacksmith.

How did you get your cuts so clean and perfect, just tell me that and where can i get this awsome foam sheets?
-for the guntlets did you use a harder inner shell and put foam over it? wat did youuse for blades?
-also is there a way to get the templets life size so i can trace them to the foam or do i have to use skill of the eye to transfer it?

Totally brilliant im going to base my armour off of yours i hope you dont mind:)
Your young and jealous pred friend Luke

Alright James im just gonna say this now.........THATS TOTALLY INCREDIBLE SO FREEKEN AMAZING STELLAR BRILLIANT GENIOUS AND ALL AROUND JUST OUT OF THIS WORLD.

I had no idea i was becoming friends with a pro predator blacksmith.

LMFAO lol dam little brother, I had no idea either that I would be able to do this, starting to think I should just go ahead and change careers lol

How did you get your cuts so clean and perfect, just tell me that and where can i get this awsome foam sheets?
-for the guntlets did you use a harder inner shell and put foam over it? wat did youuse for blades?
-also is there a way to get the templets life size so i can trace them to the foam or do i have to use skill of the eye to transfer it?

Totally brilliant im going to base my armour off of yours i hope you dont mind:)
Your young and jealous pred friend Luke

Xacto Blade - Heavy duty and Medium Duty. Cuts the foam like butter. Seriously for the groin piece, I was using scissors, and then after about the 3rd cut out I was like there has to be an easier way. That is when I got the razor and was thought after the first cut "Wow that cut really smooth and like nothing..." Using the Xacto Blade and holder was like using a pencil it was that smooth.

The Foam sheets I actually got from Michael's Arts and Craft Stores, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann's. Toy's R Us and Walmart, they all sell the Foamies or something very similar to it. I got the 6mm, 5mm 9x12 I think was the sizes for most of the pieces. they run over here about 5 for $3 an then I got a package of 40 of the 2mm same size for $4.99 and a package of 20 that was like 16x20 for $4.99 as well. very cheap very inexpensive.

the Gauntlets I used the 6mm molded it after I cut out the shapes and hot glued together with a heating gun. The blades are actually Plywood 1/4 inch.
If you use Vinmanmac's templates like I did, then open the files and print at 100%, me myself I opened in Photoshop, print at 100%.

hope this helps a little bit brother.

-James

yo, the amount of talent you have with foamies made me jizz myself, i mean GOT DANG DUDE

im extremely jealous of your scratch build skills... well done!!! you have my attention in watching this build

LMFAO lol dam little brother, I had no idea either that I would be able to do this, starting to think I should just go ahead and change careers lol

Xacto Blade - Heavy duty and Medium Duty. Cuts the foam like butter. Seriously for the groin piece, I was using scissors, and then after about the 3rd cut out I was like there has to be an easier way. That is when I got the razor and was thought after the first cut "Wow that cut really smooth and like nothing..." Using the Xacto Blade and holder was like using a pencil it was that smooth.

The Foam sheets I actually got from Michael's Arts and Craft Stores, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann's. Toy's R Us and Walmart, they all sell the Foamies or something very similar to it. I got the 6mm, 5mm 9x12 I think was the sizes for most of the pieces. they run over here about 5 for $3 an then I got a package of 40 of the 2mm same size for $4.99 and a package of 20 that was like 16x20 for $4.99 as well. very cheap very inexpensive.

the Gauntlets I used the 6mm molded it after I cut out the shapes and hot glued together with a heating gun. The blades are actually Plywood 1/4 inch.
If you use Vinmanmac's templates like I did, then open the files and print at 100%, me myself I opened in Photoshop, print at 100%.

hope this helps a little bit brother.

-James

yea it helps alot thanks bro. and 100% ill remember that.
See ya blacksmith lol
Luke

This is definitely one of the best foam builds that I've seen for anything, whether it was predator, ironman, or halo. Very nice.

Man it will be a miracle if I do I still have the skin to do and processing the orders for the Tri-Lasers with Flashing LED's for Bio Eyes - its been just nuts lol. Got my fingers crossed in hopes

-James
I don't think you have to worry about that anymore haha.

Thanks guys, It actually didn't take as long as I thought it would. I figured it would have taken longer honestly. I still have some items to finish up as far as armor goes but it is pretty dam close and almost time to work on the skin, feet and hands and it will be completed.

-James

Here is an update of the Wrist Blade with it being automated.
With the help of Elkman (Todd) He gave me some pointers and shot me in the perfect direction of what I needed to do to get this working properly.
Thanks Elkman.

Video can be viewed here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ROVtElfA1E

Retracted view of Wrist Blade
5756658133_451a18230c_z.jpg

Extended view of Wrist Blade
5756658263_d03cf58712_z.jpg

-James

I like the stack of tortillas on the side. Nice touch. I'll have to try that the next time I build a wristblade mechanism.

Seriously, though, that's good work.

FASTBURST - you should make a tutorial on the Blades.

I heard that from a few people already. I may do it, I will discuss with ElkMan first to see how he feels about it since he was the one who actually advised me on how to go about it. I must first give respect to those who did it first.

-James

I heard that from a few people already. I may do it, I will discuss with ElkMan first to see how he feels about it since he was the one who actually advised me on how to go about it. I must first give respect to those who did it first.

-James
Doesn't bother me at all. It's not like I'm maintaining proprietary information here.

Actually, I should probably update my original thread where I described how to build a wristblade mechanism from a CD-ROM drive. I've switched to using a Tamiya gearbox connected to a hub-mounted gear that drives against a gear rack. It ends up being a sturdier mechanism that's easier to build.

Come to think of it, I may have given just the same tutorial that FastBurst was going to give.

Well there you have it folks straight from the man himself! I will see about making an official Huntorial and post it as Todd gave you the basic breakdown, I will see what I can do about diagrams or drawings or what not.

-James

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back