Yautja gauntlet help

eviljbrian

Hello.

My friend had asked me to build him a yauja gauntlet, and like an idiot I agreed. On the plus side, he doesn't need it until October, so I have plenty of time.
The gauntlet itself, I can make without trouble.
I was thinking the bottom will be fairly basic, 3 layers of 6mm EVA foam with another layer of thinner foam for the details, and some strapping to hold it in place.
The top, for the main bulk of the build I was going to use one layer of impact floor mat foam for the base, and the upper section I was going to use a few layers of thinner EVA foam, with a hinge to open and some neodymium magnets to hold it close.

To attach the upper and lower gauntlets, I was also going to use neodymium magnets.

Overall, the main build is easy enough. Lower gauntlet with minimal detailing, upper gauntlet with more detailing and maybe some greebles.

HOWEVER.....

The issue comes in for LEDs.

For simple blinking and rotating lights, I can find small LED circuits for that easily enough.
One of the thing he's asking for, is a countdown timer.
I can find lots of digital LED clock kits, but I can't seem to find anything in regards to a timer with yauja numeric symbols.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

You have to either use a standard lcd display and create custom numeric segments for each number, or you have to wire individual leds to a micro controller to control in sequence.

You have to either use a standard lcd display and create custom numeric segments for each number, or you have to wire individual leds to a micro controller to control in sequence.
yea. I have zero idea on getting all that figured out. I can find standard numerical LED kits no problem, they're all over the place, but trying to figure out yautja numerals with an Arduino is out of my wheelhouse.
Never worked with arduino and anything else similar to it.

yea. I have zero idea on getting all that figured out. I can find standard numerical LED kits no problem, they're all over the place, but trying to figure out yautja numerals with an Arduino is out of my wheelhouse.
Never worked with arduino and anything else similar to it.
Then you will need to learn. You will have to figure that out on your own. If you do not want to learn then I would recommend adjusting your goals.

Then you will need to learn. You will have to figure that out on your own. If you do not want to learn then I would recommend adjusting your goals.
I never said I wasn't willing to learn. I only said I never used it.
I also tend to have a habit of trying to over-complicate things that are actually really simple.

Right now though, I did find a phone app of a predator countdown timer that I'm looking at in regards for figuring out the timing, though I'm probably overthinking that too.

I never said I wasn't willing to learn. I only said I never used it.
I also tend to have a habit of trying to over-complicate things that are actually really simple.

Right now though, I did find a phone app of a predator countdown timer that I'm looking at in regards for figuring out the timing, though I'm probably overthinking that too.
Learn by doing. Fail, regroup, learn.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back