Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica Kit (2nd Run) *SIGN UP CLOSED*

My control box is done. I used custom rails, button and arrows. and added a 3d printed detail to the chip. Card is brrogers vintage.

Attachments

• 322F010E-06AA-4F58-A9D3-ED4018879FDD.jpeg
    322F010E-06AA-4F58-A9D3-ED4018879FDD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 184
  • 6C6FC32F-A187-44E3-9D43-BF111FEA2A81.jpeg
    6C6FC32F-A187-44E3-9D43-BF111FEA2A81.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 171
  • 5356AFF6-6BC8-43F8-AF34-726C1971BE27.jpeg
    5356AFF6-6BC8-43F8-AF34-726C1971BE27.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 187
View attachment 1376254View attachment 1376255View attachment 1376256View attachment 1376257View attachment 1376258View attachment 1376259View attachment 1376260

I took some pictures. It was great! :)

View attachment 1376261

I was worried that the inside of the box would be smaller than the first run, but now everything feels great. I love them! (y)

My control box is done. I used custom rails, button and arrows. and added a 3d printed detail to the chip. Card is brrogers vintage.
Love seeing people's finished builds! Thanks for sharing guys! Awesome work, both of you. :cry:

Looking forward to having this incredible artwork!
The expectations are really high, day by day!
Thanks for the efforts and passion you gave into this project, Dave

Looking forward to having this incredible artwork!
The expectations are really high, day by day!
Thanks for the efforts and passion you gave into this project, Dave
Thanks Enrico! I've been trying to get online to say thank you all day, but the site has been down. Really appreciate it. Thank you. Still on target to have everything out in the next week or so! (y) Just in time for Christmas! :)

These are incredible! I'm assuming I missed out on this run by now?
Hi Ken.

Thanks! I do actually have some spare kits (long story). I'm not 100% sure how many right now, but there's a handful. I ordered extra boxes to sell along with some bodies I had left over from my first run, but actually ended up with extra from this run too, so have some full "run 2" kits available, as well as a handful of "run 1" bodies. Although some of the bodies from run 1 have minor damage.

I haven't officially announced these for sale yet as I'm completely worked up until Christmas getting existing orders out. They're there though, so There's still a chance to get one.

I've also announced another run for early next year. That run is focused on the Yuma only though (including stencils and blade) if that's the version you're interested in:

Cheers,

Dave

I actually have an idea for the box that I'm diagraming. I'm putting the SPDT switch upside down in the box, and will trim the board and use it to press down the switch. Depending on the length of the leads, I'll just use hot glue or excess lead to push down on the switch. The bottom of the box will push against the snap switch and divert it.

Or I'll put it upright and use the board to click it, I just am not sure about the soldered leads being against the bottom of the box?

Either way, I'm going to glue little plastic tubes to the back of the arrows and feed the LED in there to collect the light and make sure most goes out.

I actually have an idea for the box that I'm diagraming. I'm putting the SPDT switch upside down in the box, and will trim the board and use it to press down the switch. Depending on the length of the leads, I'll just use hot glue or excess lead to push down on the switch. The bottom of the box will push against the snap switch and divert it.

Or I'll put it upright and use the board to click it, I just am not sure about the soldered leads being against the bottom of the box?

Either way, I'm going to glue little plastic tubes to the back of the arrows and feed the LED in there to collect the light and make sure most goes out.
Love the tubes idea, Tom! Might have to steal that! :D Much more secure than glueing the LEDs directly on to the back of the triangles. Great idea. I like the the switch idea too. I have considered countersinking the bottom of the box and swapping out the mushroom screws to gain a little more room. It's a bit of a worry though as I'm not sure there's enough material there. Another option would be to do away with the heads entirely, and leave a couple of stumps (just to line the box up) and epoxy the box on? That would free up a bit of room. As for insulating the inside of the box, I've seen spray on electrical tape but never tried it. Aluminium shouldn't be an issue in theory, but I'm no expert in the electrical department, and I guess it can't hurt.

Received mine today! Can't wait to get started on this. Everything looks fantastic Dave! Could you please clarify, forgiving my ignorance, how to attach the T tracks, rails, and buttons? Are they all just superglued or do you have a better recommendation? Do you paint the T tracks where they get glued, or will that interfere with adhesion? This is my first serious build and don't want to F it up. Thanks again for doing this!

Received mine today! Can't wait to get started on this. Everything looks fantastic Dave! Could you please clarify, forgiving my ignorance, how to attach the T tracks, rails, and buttons? Are they all just superglued or do you have a better recommendation? Do you paint the T tracks where they get glued, or will that interfere with adhesion? This is my first serious build and don't want to F it up. Thanks again for doing this!
I would use epoxy instead of superglue. And is always better not to paint the part to be glued.

Yea I gave up epoxy for T Track grips because the lateral pressure from being handled and put on tables would snap it but for small parts its a great glue and goes a long way. E6000 for more surface area

Hi Ryan. I can only speak from my own experience, but I use JB Weld, two part epoxy for the rails as it's the strongest glue I know of. It's no good for the triangles as it's not clear. I use a cheap modelling paintbrush to apply to the rails. I paint the rails first and then scratch off the paint where I'm going to apply the glue. You have to work fast with JB as it sets quite quickly. So it's best to do one part at a time until you're comfortable using it. You need to make sure the part is positioned exactly where you want it and hold until set too as once it's set, it's set solid! :D

"USAF medium grey" for the rails by the way! (y)

*Update*

Hi Everyone. Just a quick update on shipping progress... You may have noticed that I got the first handful of kits out this week on schedule, and that since then, the remainder of this weeks orders are still marked as "IN PROGRESS".

Nothing to worry about. I'm waiting on a delivery of postal tubes from Amazon Prime. These usually arrive next day, but due to the pandemic, some Prime items are taking a little longer. So Saturday (tomorrow) is the ETA on those.

So, instead of working on small, daily batches of 3-4 kits, I've been working on all the remaining orders for this week in one go, with a view to having them all ready to go straight in to the tubes tomorrow morning. I'm happy to say that ALL the triangles are done! Still a few other things to get done, but with the most time consuming part out of the way, I'm confident that everything will be good to go as soon as the tubes arrive tomorrow.

I just hope the tubes arrive in time to make the post office! (which closes at lunchtime on Saturdays :rolleyes:)

The reason I've moved on to tubes, is that the boxes I have been using up to now have too much empty space for a single kit, and have cleaned me out of packing materials. The tubes are sturdier too, and perfect for a single kit.

Rest assured that I'm working flat out to keep to the schedule I've set and intend to have ALL remaining kits on their way no later than Monday afternoon (14th).

Commissions are well under way, with control boxes nearly done (Just waiting on the rails to be painted). I'll be starting painting from Tuesday next week (15th) and intend to have all commissions finished by the end of next week and shipping no later than the 19th.

BOX.jpg

Thanks again for your patience everyone!

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

*Update*

Really sorry guys.... The tubes just turned up (after the post office has closed for the weekend) (n)

I'll have everything packed and stickered up ready to go first thing Monday morning!

Really sorry for any disappointment. :(

Failed.gif

This is my progress so far! Gold needs to be a shade or two darker, but its coming along nicely, which is easy when you have such a great kit to start with!
When its done i'll post again along side my stunt resin copy.
20201213_094604.jpg

This is my progress so far! Gold needs to be a shade or two darker, but its coming along nicely, which is easy when you have such a great kit to start with!
When its done i'll post again along side my stunt resin copy.View attachment 1377759
Looking great, Andrew! Nicely done. (y) The only thing I'd say, is that the underside of the first emitter step was painted along with the neck. I know it's not finished though. Awesome stuff! :)

*Update*

What a beautiful sight! :love:

Interest List:

Aison - SENT

bluetree1o - SENT
Kraig Kenobi - SENT
Han Solo fan - SENT
Duncan Shaffer - SENT
xwingercrash - SENT
LordHaru - SENT
BeggarsCanyon - SENT
Djblingbling1 - SENT
Shelby Rhodes - SENT
Poikilotherm - SENT
nailuj - SENT
Raiders March - SENT
Inigou - SENT
thd9791 - SENT
Rmodin - SENT
teecrooz - SENT
Dan Payne - SENT
Daniel Newman - SENT
DarthBen123 - SENT
Fett_Ish - SENT
PrinceZip - SENT

Aison -SENT
Johnny3072 -SENT
andyroo - SENT
Dewy -SENT
Fekali - SENT
Ogibendogy - SENT
El Toro - SENT
Starchaser -SENT
ivuchan - SENT
kittspropshop - SENT

mrwax - SENT
ReploidRX - SENT
Black Ninja - SENT
amadeusw - SENT
Chris Lüßmann - SENT
Carl Chen - SENT
Skoota73 - SENT
Gen0 Michael Ferraro - SENT
IanSolo - SENT
Hecubus114 - SENT

Brian08 - SENT
PNAG - SENT
Zachman8910 - SENT

Britwalker - SENT

New Orders:

v312 - IN PROGRESS

Commissions:

rockbottom - IN PROGRESS

enrico - IN PROGRESS
CDYoung - IN PROGRESS
Noble Rich (FB) - IN PROGRESS
Marco Rea (FB ) - IN PROGRESS

NerfHerderBrian - IN PROGRESS

ivuchan - Awaiting return of kits

**All orders on the original interest list have now shipped! Please let me know if you haven't received a tracking number and I'll get that to you. **

I'm now focussing on finishing any remaining commissions before Christmas (As promised), along with any new orders for remaining kits (of which there are a handful! X7-8?) Existing orders obviously take priority, so I can't guarantee that any new orders will be shipped before Christmas. I'll try my best though.

A HUGE thank you, once again, to everyone who has taken part in the run!

Wishing you all a merry Christmas!

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back