Luke's Cermonial Jacket Pics Up.

Man that's fast work and looking good :) Why can't all things be put together at that speed, what I really like about this jacket is the fitted looked and the cut of it, that will be kept I hope :p

David, totally insane ...

I think I´ll have to get that jacket in two different versions and two different sizes (one to wear now, one when I lost the excess weight) :lol:

Michael

David superb project!

I knew I had a pic of the jacket somewhere .... yes. In "Star Wars Galaxy Collector" number 5 there's an article on props. There is a half page size pic of the ceremonial jacket. The strip on the breast pokect is a piece of brown fabric added over with yellow stripes embroidered on it. The yellow lines are thinner than the brown between them.

I'll try to post a scan later but that's 100% sure.

Regards

Voilá
brgun_21.jpg

brgun_22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As everyone has already said it's brown fabric with yellow stitching like Han's pants.
More precisely though it's like LUKE's pants.
The very pants he's wearing in that scene.
Luke had the brown pants with yellow Corellian bloodstripe before Han did (in ESB and ROTJ).
The very same exact strip of pants detail was sewn over the pocket of his jacket to cover the snap. There was no logo on the pocket. The pocket had a flap wth a snap on it. The flap was tucked into the pocket and the snap on the outside was covered.

Lonepidgeon,
You're damn right in every sentence. I feel like I I've upsetted you, if that is the case I'm sorry, but as, eventhough you said it from the beginning, everyone was tring to find a clear pic of the material I feel I could add some graphic proof.

So now this issue is solved... on to he next.

Regards

Great stuff guys.
Thank you so much.

Now I can wrap this one up and start the pilot jacket....

Rebel fleet guys we need to know exactly which color variants you need of the ceremonial jacket.

and let me just add...

I'm always humbled by the amount of help you guys are willing to offer when these things are being researched. Regardless of who wants one or not or whatever the project is, it always seems that anyone will help with what they can. That's community spirit...and I'm thankful.
This would not have happened without all the help, advice and critique shown here.
:)
David

NIIIIIICE.. Isn't there ANOTHER version of this jacket? Biggs is wearing a white one in the Anchorhead cut scenes I think? I will see if I can dig up a pic.

B

Different jacket but the same blood stripes. You can tell by the pic that the lighter color is embroider over the dark one.
Does anyone have a color pic of this?

Luke-Fixer-Camie-Biggs_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great jop on this David- Wow- I am most definitely ordering one of the luke ceremonial (Probably 2) as well as the orange pilot jacket.

I know there is a wealth of photo documentation fo that one

P

Originally posted by spinner 44@Aug 6 2005, 04:50 PM
Lonepidgeon,
You're damn right in every sentence. I feel like I I've upsetted you, if that is the case I'm sorry, but as, eventhough you said it from the beginning, everyone was tring to find a clear pic of the material I feel I could add some graphic proof.
[snapback]1051542[/snapback]​

Not at all. Good work on finding the detail shots.

IIRC - Biggs jacket isn't the same, but was modified in a similar way. Note that they covered the zipper with dark brown fabric (instead of beige) and the blood stripe detail matches the one on Han's ANH pants (red stripes on blue fabric).

BTW - I noticed a small detail in spinner 44's photo concerning the ridges on the arm sleeves. The last ridge on the sleeve is only have as wide as the others.
Just a very small detail that differs from David's prototype jacket.

On the subject of ridges, notice how the ridges on the shoulder are a bit wider? In SPACE 1999, those ridges were a different colour. Is this jacket definitely an off-the-peg item, or is it possible that they were originally created for SPACE 1999?

DAVIDYR1, this is a great project.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the final product. Will it be made in leather?

Regards

Al

Originally posted by DAVIDYR1@Aug 6 2005, 01:03 PM
Great stuff guys.
Thank you so much.

Now I can wrap this one up and start the pilot jacket....

Rebel fleet guys we need to know exactly which color variants you need of the ceremonial jacket.
[snapback]1051556[/snapback]​
Well, all orange for the pilots. The black and color design was intended to represent a "per squadron/per base" in the Rebel Legion. But with the Warhawks (red/black) being the largest selection of pilots, the red/black might be a good bet for a starters.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back