Luke's Cermonial Jacket Pics Up.

Originally posted by JediXXL@Aug 4 2005, 03:55 AM
I may be interested in one of these... Please keep me updated.
[snapback]1049301[/snapback]​

OK..
I need to know DEFINITIVELY if there is a zipper down the front and if the pockets are complete sealed up.

I BELIEVE that there is no zipper in the front and that the pockets are not open on the sides.
I have no knowledge of this other than looking at the pics we have and to ME it seems there is no zipper or pockets.

Can anyone confirm this?
I'm already working on the fist piece and want to be sure.

As for the Xwing flight jacket, anyone have pics of it without the white vest overtop of it?

I need to see how it zips up and exactly how much velcro there is in some of the strategic areas...yes there is velcro on this version but I need to know how much and exactly where.

Thanks in advance and hope to show you something shortly.

David

I'll throw my name into the interested party.

Man, this jackets design is timeless. It looked good back in 77' and it still holds up today JUST as well with no signs of looking dated. Can't wait to see a prototype.
I gotta say, the black/gray jacket is tops.

I'm wondering if its almost better to make a replica of the original jacket (as seen in the Space:1999 pics and then to make the modifications appropriate for the Ceremonial jacket?

The thread looks like it is on the right track via a vis getting it really accurate. Thank goodness there is so much photo reference and the actual prop survives.

It would be very interesting to finally identify the racing jacket since this was a modified found item.

I would definitely be in for a yellow Luke and an Orange Xwing version.

Great thread..

Originally posted by JHVanOphem@Aug 4 2005, 08:37 PM
I'm wondering if its almost better to make a replica of the original jacket (as seen in the Space:1999 pics and then to make the modifications appropriate for the Ceremonial jacket?
[snapback]1049799[/snapback]​

No, that's not necessary here.
I work on an industrial level. I do all of the research, test work, pattern work and prototypes. I will physically make this as it is seen in the various pics and in it's various forms.
No need to complicate this by making the original jacket first to then modify. Each item be it the Ceremonial jacket, Xwing pilot jacket and the Rebel Fleet ones will all be made as seen in the photos and then put into production accordingly. It's what I do for a living. :)

Here are some samples of my work, just to put your mind at ease..I will only do this if I can do it right. I wont take any shortcuts at any stage or with any part of the construction. Either I can do something that looks like the real thing or I wont go head. In this case I truly believe I can nail the jacket in all it's desired forms.

Heres a look at some of my other replica garments. I'm also working on the BTTF2 Marty Jacket with working sleeves that can be extended or retracted as desired.

All my soft parts with Jerry's Gloves..
fullsuitwithhardparts.jpg

whitebacking.jpg

Leather glove with rubber trims and aluminum buckles
sideview.jpg

IM004509.jpg

handsoverchest.jpg

backheaddown.jpg

IM004312.jpg

frontpants.jpg

fronthalfboth.jpg

ddcostumemine.jpg

David

That's some outstanding work David :thumbsup , whats the going rate for that Anakin glove,
don't ask me why but I just want to have one after seeing it there :p
Also have you ever done Toms jacket from Minority Report?

Best G.

Originally posted by Golgo13@Aug 4 2005, 09:24 PM
That's some outstanding work David :thumbsup , whats the going rate for that Anakin glove,
don't ask me why but I just want to have one after seeing it there  :p
Also have you ever done Toms jacket from Minority Report?

Best G.
[snapback]1049826[/snapback]​

Thanks for the kind words guys. :) It's fun to do replica stuff, but tricky because we're all so technical or picky at the simplest of details that we have to be extra careful when replicating a garment. Making it is one thing....making it right is a whole other ball of wax and I've had my share of restars on projects.

I always say I'm happy that I dont make replica lightsabers cause I'd go nuts with all those screen accurate details...:):)

As for the glove, I have one on ebay and posted in the J/Y here, but contact me directly and I'll give you some details.
dpea@fcibroadband.com

The ceremonial jacket is almost ready to be shown. I didnt use the right color for the prototype but I'm already doing test runs on the fabric for the right wash of mustard yellow. Once it's ready I'll post it up and the test washes of the colors too.

We're almost there.....

David

Yes David, I know you do excellent work and I'm very much looking forward to getting a jacket for myself.

I only commented on leaving the zippers and pockets as original because you were wondering to how to go about and do it. Hence my make the jacket proper and then whoever wants its modified ala the Ceremonial jacket can get that done.

*shrugs*

Oh well. Looking forward to seeing the prototype pics soon.

I'm also interested. What else is he wearing exactly in the picture. Anyone have more info?

Im certain hes wearing a Black V neck Tshirt thin Material by the looks so i would say a Cotton cant really tell if its Long Sleeved or short.

Im also almost certain he wears Brown Pants with Yellow Corellion Bloodstripes But im going to watch the DVD to double check.

Also isnt the Blaster he has similar to the one Princess Liea Uses on the Tantive IV

What? The prototype is almost ready?.? It hasn't even been a week. :thumbsup Awesome David, just awesome.

I can't wait to see it. B)

Originally posted by supa troop@Aug 4 2005, 03:35 PM
Im certain hes wearing a Black V neck Tshirt thin Material by the looks so i would say a Cotton cant really tell if its Long Sleeved or short.

Im also almost certain he wears Brown Pants with Yellow Corellion Bloodstripes But im going to watch the DVD to double check.

Also isnt the Blaster he has similar to the one Princess Liea Uses on the Tantive IV
[snapback]1049946[/snapback]​

Actually it's a double-breasted shirt. There's a photo of him out there somewhere sans jacket that shows this. But you're right on the bloodstripe pants and DDC Defender for a sidearm.

The side pockets were definitely covered up. They were at an angle - lowest point almost touching the seam line there and the upper point more inward. The beige fabric covering them is as wide as the pocket slots were angled- obviously added to cover them.

Velcro on the X-wing pilot version?? I don't remember seeing that.
The pilot version does have an open area where the upper pocket was to hold an ESB rank badge. You might want to get with Vince (CorrelianExports). He makes those badges so you can make sure to get the size of that hole/slot correct.

Originally posted by JHVanOphem@Aug 4 2005, 10:36 PM
Yes David, I know you do excellent work and I'm very much looking forward to getting a jacket for myself.

I only commented on leaving the zippers and pockets as original because you were wondering to how to go about and do it. Hence my make the jacket proper and then whoever wants its modified ala the Ceremonial jacket can get that done.

*shrugs*

Oh well. Looking forward to seeing the prototype pics soon.
[snapback]1049893[/snapback]​

Yup, I hear what you're saying. :) The problem with that is I have to make a 3rd jacket, but you certainly raise a good point....creates too much additional work though. That's the only problem.

Original unaltered version
Ceremonial Version/Rebel Fleet version same but different colors
Pilot jacket version.

If I make 3 models this will go through the roof cost wise also because I doubt too many will want the original unaltered version.

My hope is that we tear this thing apart here on the board, find out everything there is to know about it and just make it/them right the first time.

Making the ceremonial jacket as my base and offering an alternate version as the pilot jacket is a whole other story $$$ wise for us all.

Unfortunately I have to look at both sides of the coin...accuracy and cost to get it right.

Either way my Canadian brother...together we'll get all the details right. :)

David

OK here is the PROTOTYPE.

This means the color is NOT ACCURATE AND NIETHER IS THE FABRIC. The white strips are NOT THE RIGHT FABRIC EITHER.

The black thingamagiggie on the pocket I still have to understand exactly what it is and then make it as such.

Comment on everything you see but keep in mind it is the prototype and keep in mind all I said above. :)

There is no front zipper because I dont think the Luke jacket has one. If I'm wrong or if someone knows for sure please let me know. Also the pockets are not functional. In other words, no pockets on this version.

Protofront.jpg

ProtoSide.jpg

Protoback.jpg

OK...let's make the necessary corrections and move onto the flight jacket. :)
The flight jacket will be easy once this is done.

This is the exact model, pending whatever mods we make to it for the Rebel Fleet jackets in various colors too. :)

David

Originally posted by jedipunk@Aug 5 2005, 09:25 PM
Looks awesome.

The thingamajiggy on the pocket is a Correlian Blood Strip - like on Han's pants.
[snapback]1050974[/snapback]​

Really?? Cool.. I've been going nuts trying to figure out what that is.:)

Where can I see a better pic of that detail?

David

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back