The Rescuer--Luke's saber from Mandolorian Show off

Halliwax and I were talking after Anakin Starkiller visited him. I took my eFX apart also. I removed the control box in case those screws were holding the steel plug in place (they were not on mine). I cleared away some of the caulk on the surface. I used a wooden dowel to give the steel plug a few taps. There were a few drops of superglue and the caulk holding it in place. Note that it should only come out through the grip end.

I cleaned up the caulk some more, but this is what it looks like when first removed. Now it sits a bit loose in the saber, but you can easily secure it again with glue and caulk, or I simply rolled up some bubble wrap in the pommel end as a temporary fix and it doesn’t slide now. I haven’t decided what, if anything, I was going to do with this, but it looks as if it is able to be converted to an FX with a few modifications.

IMG_1827.jpeg

I cleaned up the caulk some more, but this is what it looks like when first removed. Now it sits a bit loose in the saber, but you can easily secure it again with glue and caulk, or I simply rolled up some bubble wrap in the pommel end as a temporary fix and it doesn’t slide now. I haven’t decided what, if anything, I was going to do with this, but it looks as if it is able to be converted to an FX with a few modifications.

View attachment 1762563
View attachment 1762564
How did you remove the grease residue from the grip section. Just a wet rag? Halliwax

Mine didn’t have grease residue. I’d use a dry rag, damp if you have to. I don’t know how they applied their weathering, but I’d avoid anything that could potentially remove paint.

A wooden skewer/chopsticks/toothpick/tongue depressor work well for removing the bulk of the caulk.

How did you remove the grease residue from the grip section. Just a wet rag? Halliwax

Mine didn’t have grease residue. I’d use a dry rag, damp if you have to. I don’t know how they applied their weathering, but I’d avoid anything that could potentially remove paint.

A wooden skewer/chopsticks/toothpick/tongue depressor work well for removing the bulk of the caulk.
Q-tip with rubbing alcohol 70% not 91%

In my videos if the rubbing alcohol is green it’s the 70%

Halliwax and I were talking after Anakin Starkiller visited him. I took my eFX apart also. I removed the control box in case those screws were holding the steel plug in place (they were not on mine). I cleared away some of the caulk on the surface. I used a wooden dowel to give the steel plug a few taps. There were a few drops of superglue and the caulk holding it in place. Note that it should only come out through the grip end.
Teecrooz whacked that stinka with a dowel and popped right out! Alittle machine work of the emitter and you could fx this sucker

I was able to finish up my Rescuer hilt today. So I decided to use a very tiny bit of Tamiya weathering powder on the neck section mostly in the corners to give it that aged/dirty/dusty look. I then added a small touch to the control box rails to match the color. I also went over the entire hilt on my lathe with 00 steel wool and then 0000 steel wool and I love the finish it gave. Finally, I cut an aluminum rod to fit inside and add weight…it really gives it at authentic feel.

Overall I’m very happy with how this turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1627.jpeg
    IMG_1627.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
I was able to finish up my Rescuer hilt today. So I decided to use a very tiny bit of Tamiya weathering powder on the neck section mostly in the corners to give it that aged/dirty/dusty look. I then added a small touch to the control box rails to match the color. I also went over the entire hilt on my lathe with 00 steel wool and then 0000 steel wool and I love the finish it gave. Finally, I cut an aluminum rod to fit inside and add weight…it really gives it at authentic feel.

Gorgeous Job!!! I mean Outstanding!!

Looks gorgeous. Which weathering powder did you use?

Looks gorgeous. Which weathering powder did you use?

Thanks! I used Tamiya Weathering Master kit B, and really only used the “soot” color. I was using the stunt top to experiment and took several tries to get correct. I eventually used a makeup brush that my wife suggested. I used the tiny diagonal end. The reason is because the brush that comes with the weathering kit really is too fluffy and big to get directly in the corners where I actually want the powder.

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpeg
    IMG_1629.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 58

Incredible job!

Thanks! I used Tamiya Weathering Master kit B, and really only used the “soot” color. I was using the stunt top to experiment and took several tries to get correct. I eventually used a makeup brush that my wife suggested. I used the tiny diagonal end. The reason is because the brush that comes with the weathering kit really is too fluffy and big to get directly in the corners where I actually want the powder.
One of my favorite products, they are not cheap anymore!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back