The Rescuer--Luke's saber from Mandolorian Show off

I was able to finish up my Rescuer hilt today. So I decided to use a very tiny bit of Tamiya weathering powder on the neck section mostly in the corners to give it that aged/dirty/dusty look. I then added a small touch to the control box rails to match the color. I also went over the entire hilt on my lathe with 00 steel wool and then 0000 steel wool and I love the finish it gave. Finally, I cut an aluminum rod to fit inside and add weight…it really gives it at authentic feel.

Overall I’m very happy with how this turned out.
How did you get the dark lines on the card?

I dipped the entire brass card into some brass ager liquid until it looked like the color of an old penny. Then after I rinsed it off I used 3000 grit sand paper to buff the top which left the recessed areas dark.
This is the way

I dipped the entire brass card into some brass ager liquid until it looked like the color of an old penny. Then after I rinsed it off I used 3000 grit sand paper to buff the top which left the recessed areas dark.
Thanks will look in to it and see what products I can find

Thanks will look in to it and see what products I can find

This one from Amazon is what I used. Works well. Pour a little into a plastic container and let it swish around to full cover the object and you'll see it darken within like 30 seconds. Just pull it out after and rinse it with water to neutralize it. Fortunately, this stuff doesn't give off horrendous fumes and smoke like some of the other acids do, but I'd still wear gloves.

This one from Amazon is what I used. Works well. Pour a little into a plastic container and let it swish around to full cover the object and you'll see it darken within like 30 seconds. Just pull it out after and rinse it with water to neutralize it. Fortunately, this stuff doesn't give off horrendous fumes and smoke like some of the other acids do, but I'd still wear gloves.
Thanks. Will see if I can find it in the UK

With the brass black product, to my knowledge that’s a much more harsh chemical so definitely do it outside and have a bucket of water on hand to neutralize the reaction quickly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back