I didn't want to create a whole new thread, for this question. Because I know it's been talked about before, somewhere..... so I'm just going to toss it here.

I've been on a Obi-Wan lightsaber bender as of late. Can't get enough of it. I remember a discussion about the grenade section possibly being flipped when they were filming Tunisia. What was general consensus on that?

Also is there a thread with good screen caps and BTS photos of the Obi-Wan "hero"? So far my searches have returned in vain.
As a fellow RPF and Star Wars fan, be careful of diving into the Obi Wan saber. Its by far the priciest saber to build in real parts (assuming you find the parts) and the most complicated.

Really love the saber and the character but that is one complex saber.

Yeah this has been an issue for the Rogue One ending for me.

Vader just storming on a diplomatic ship can be taken to show how tyrannical the Empire is, that they disregard things like diplomatic immunity and freely raid ships suspecting rebellion.

After Rouge One.

Leia: I dont know what you're talking about
Vader: b***** I just saw you leaving the crime scene and the death star plans are missing. Now hand them over and go to your room. You're grounded missy.

As a fellow RPF and Star Wars fan, be careful of diving into the Obi Wan saber. Its by far the priciest saber to build in real parts (assuming you find the parts) and the most complicated.

Really love the saber and the character but that is one complex saber.
So far it's just pictures... :p

My Korbanth K4 is keeping me satisfied for now. But I think I'd like to get a Romans Props or maybe the new parts The Custom Saber Shop has. Maybe weather it up, and sell that one, then buy a Romans. Weathering my K4 was probably my favorite part of the whole build. Trying to get just the look I had in my head. It's so much fun.

My Korbanth K4 is keeping me satisfied for now. But I think I'd like to get a Romans Props or maybe the new parts The Custom Saber Shop has. Maybe weather it up, and sell that one, then buy a Romans. Weathering my K4 was probably my favorite part of the whole build. Trying to get just the look I had in my head. It's so much fun.

100% recommend Roman's parts over anything else. Right now it's the closest you can come to the real deal. DaveP's upcoming run will most likely eclipse that, however.

100% recommend Roman's parts over anything else. Right now it's the closest you can come to the real deal. DaveP's upcoming run will most likely eclipse that, however.
This makes me curious. I have Roman's version (with Roman's AS replicas as a pommel), which I really love but what are the things that are improved by DaveP? (Interested to know, if I need to upgrade... :cool:)

This makes me curious. I have Roman's version (with Roman's AS replicas as a pommel), which I really love but what are the things that are improved by DaveP? (Interested to know, if I need to upgrade... :cool:)

Check out the details here

And yet another retro SW interview, this one with Mark and Harrison. This is 1980 after ESB came out, and Mark is already calling the third film "Revenge of the Jedi." Mark also refers to his BMW accident and broken nose.

...and a 1997 British interview with Hamill and his 1970s hair. SCREEN USED TIE PILOT HELMET AT 3:19 !!!!!!

Last edited:
...And in 1977, Carrie speaking French during her interview!

Just look at those gorgeous freshly minted Don Post helmets (The Vader and Trooper look particularly good for some strange reason!)

...And in 1977, Carrie speaking French during her interview!

Just look at those gorgeous freshly minted Don Post helmets (The Vader and Trooper look particularly good for some strange reason!)

Why was i expecting you to say, "Just look at those gorgeous eyes" lol...idk, I guess it's because you started with "in 1977, Carrie...and it's just plain true.

So far it's just pictures... :p

Romans is good and one of the most accurate. I love Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan but have always been more partial to the ANH weathered saber compared to the pristine Episode 3 version. It just looks so nice and cool. I know the iconic saber is always the graflex but I like the Obi Wan.

I did wish the sequel trilogy gave us a weathered version of the youngling slayer 4000 or Luke's V2 (or at least more weathered than the RotJ Emperor's chair version and not the hero). I also wouldnt have been surprised if Luke made a new saber given that he has essentially ascended to Master.

I will say that the Sequel trilogy did do a good job with the different kinds of hilts. Kylo's was interesting taking a broad sword approach and Dark Rey's switch dual saber was a cool concept. Too bad that was only a vision.

Romans is good and one of the most accurate. I love Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan but have always been more partial to the ANH weathered saber compared to the pristine Episode 3 version. It just looks so nice and cool. I know the iconic saber is always the graflex but I like the Obi Wan.

I did wish the sequel trilogy gave us a weathered version of the youngling slayer 4000 or Luke's V2 (or at least more weathered than the RotJ Emperor's chair version and not the hero). I also wouldnt have been surprised if Luke made a new saber given that he has essentially ascended to Master.

I will say that the Sequel trilogy did do a good job with the different kinds of hilts. Kylo's was interesting taking a broad sword approach and Dark Rey's switch dual saber was a cool concept. Too bad that was only a vision.
Yeah Romans is definitely in the ole wish list. But I'm going back and forth between a static, and an FX.

I love both. Probably because I grew up with the Prequels and seeing toying toy versions, and seeing it on the box art, and the Visual Dictionary and all, but that ROTS, Obi-Wan.....whew. But the ANH Obi-Wan is really good too. Yeah I love both.

The Yuma/Hero has always been my favorite. But the V2 is up there. There's just something about a prop that's so uniquely weathered, and had such a history. It's kinda of interesting that only in recent years that the Hero has become THE Luke Skywalker lightsaber. In the 90's and early 2000s, the V3 was the Luke's saber. Hasbro had a toy, it was in the Visual Dictionary, and all the games used that version. Though the DICE/EA Battlefronts use the V2 version, looks like a Master Replicas.

Yeah, Kyo's saber is probably my favorite prop out of the Sequels. I love the more medieval look. Of course his whole vibe is that of a dark knight or dark prince. His armor takes strong ques from a doublet. I love how practical the folding saber is. A saber staff should really be carried in a sheath as opposed to covertec or ring. Having a 11 inch piece of metal swing on a belt is scary enough. :lol: I like too, that they Rey's staff for her saber. There's this little element of Heroine's Journey, where the heroine brings tools from her "perfect world" to help her. So her staff fills that part of the story. (Side note, the Heroine's Journey is really cool. Rey's story follows beat for beat Victoria Lynn Schmidt's version. Like The Force Awakens literally takes it name from one of the stages.)

I enjoy watching reaction videos to new fans watching the Star Wars films for the first time. It's a fun way to experience it through new eyes and to see what they pick up on, what they like, what they don't like, etc. So this one channel went through the OT, and moved on to the PT. I just watched her reaction to AOTC. I haven't seen the movie in more than a decade, and granted the YouTube reaction videos are edited down to twenty minutes so it's not like you see every scene, but man I forgot just how awful that movie is. As bad as The Phantom Menace was, it was still light years better than Attack of the Clones. Whew! I still love Obi-Wan and Anakin's costumes/ sabers from that movie, John Williams Across the Stars theme, the fight between Obi-Wan and Jango, but that's about it.

Last edited:
So, I heard about the Vanity Fair article interview with Kathleen Kennedy apparently stating the reason why Solo failed at the box office was because they didn't use Deep Fake to make Han look like the classic Han we all know. Hearing this was confusing to me, as I was like, "She's kidding, right?" Now, keep in mind, I still haven't seen Solo (the SW film, not to be confused with the Mario Van Peebles film), but I've heard that the film is generally mixed in it's reception. But hearing her say the film didn't do well at the box office because they didn't use Deep Fake tech to make Han look like his old self? That doesn't make any sense.

Has anyone read the article to confirm that's what she said?

So, I heard about the Vanity Fair article interview with Kathleen Kennedy apparently stating the reason why Solo failed at the box office was because they didn't use Deep Fake to make Han look like the classic Han we all know. Hearing this was confusing to me, as I was like, "She's kidding, right?" Now, keep in mind, I still haven't seen Solo (the SW film, not to be confused with the Mario Van Peebles film), but I've heard that the film is generally mixed in it's reception. But hearing her say the film didn't do well at the box office because they didn't use Deep Fake tech to make Han look like his old self? That doesn't make any sense.

Has anyone read the article to confirm that's what she said?
The looks of the guy they picked was the least of the movie's problems.
It's a somewhat watchable heist/adventure movie, just sucks as an entry in the Star Wars universe.

What killed it in the box office was that it got released within recent memory of the much hated The Last Jedi. Anything else is of minor significance in comparison.

If it had been released first of the movies in the Disney-era, or as the first movie after (the much liked) Rogue One, then I'm sure it would have fared much better.

Personally, I can not even judge the movie by its own merits because my opinion is tainted by my opinion of Disney-Lucasfilm in general, and because I'd rather have old books I've read for years before, that mentioned Han Solo's background be my personal canon. For me, Solo is his family name, and the bloodstripes were earned: anything else would be an insult.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back