I've been on a Obi-Wan lightsaber bender as of late. Can't get enough of it. I remember a discussion about the grenade section possibly being flipped when they were filming Tunisia. What was general consensus on that?

The consensus is that there is no consensus. Some people swear that its flipped and use fuzzy photos as proof, other people look at the same fuzzy pics and say its not.

Also is there a thread with good screen caps and BTS photos of the Obi-Wan "hero"? So far my searches have returned in vain.

If you're talking about the ANH hero, there isnt much of that to be had, but this thread is your best bet

I didn't want to create a whole new thread, for this question. Because I know it's been talked about before, somewhere..... so I'm just going to toss it here.

I've been on a Obi-Wan lightsaber bender as of late. Can't get enough of it. I remember a discussion about the grenade section possibly being flipped when they were filming Tunisia. What was general consensus on that?

Also is there a thread with good screen caps and BTS photos of the Obi-Wan "hero"? So far my searches have returned in vain.
The grenade is either flipped, or there are a few variants of the grenades with flat tops, and they used a flat top grenade

There is a theory that the prop was taken apart and assembled due to weapons restrictions in Tunisia

With the photos I’ve seen I personally believe the hilt was assembled 3 times, in 3 different variants

There are some private photos out there that can prove the grenade top is flat and that the sink knob cover is missing

We go into alot of detail here. Real time travel thread

We go into alot of detail here. Real time travel thread
Wow! Some really good references there! Something I've never noticed before is how freaking close the wind vane is to the balance pipe, in the Death Star version. It's closer then the Chronicles version. But some of the other studio shots it's further away. Makes me think it was unscrewing while he was walking around, lol.

be careful when referencing the chronicles… I don’t know what I’m allowed to say, but it’s not “put together” very well…

In other news- the Original Trilogy had three Prequel films to explain Luke and Leia's mother........
9mhsk7ffir951.jpg

How times have changed....

Sigh... Another plot point that'll get explained in a book:

Before I continue do not take this as me being rude to you what so ever, I highly respect you and appreciate all your updates and links you share

but After what they delivered to us on the big screen, I honestly don’t care

And this says a lot coming from me, in 2013 when canon reset I bought every single comic and book..

Now.. I could care less

Completely agree with you on the disappointment of having to buy books to fill in plot holes..

In other news- the Original Trilogy had three Prequel films to explain Luke and Leia's mother........
The OT was conceived as a larger saga broken into parts, and the PT did fill the blanks more or less. But the ST's PT is the OT, they knew going in that they couldn't make prequels after the fact.

Before I continue do not take this as me being rude to you what so ever, I highly respect you and appreciate all your updates and links you share

but After what they delivered to us on the big screen, I honestly don’t care

And this says a lot coming from me, in 2013 when canon reset I bought every single comic and book..

Now.. I could care less

Completely agree with you on the disappointment of having to buy books to fill in plot holes..
Not rude at all - I'm with you, I could care less as well. What we got in the ST was so narratively clunky, just not that interested in much more from the "somehow Palpatine returned" storytellers. They played up Rey's lineage like this big Abrams mystery box™, and somehow the best they could come up with Palpatine had children we never knew about? Lame...

The OT was conceived as a larger saga broken into parts, and the PT did fill the blanks more or less. But the ST's PT is the OT, they knew going in that they couldn't make prequels after the fact.
Eh, Empire and Jedi were, sort of-ish. I mean nothing was for certain. They weren't writing the films thinking that there would be Prequels. They were writing, thinking that would be cool for there to be Prequels.

And even then, ones enjoyment of, or understanding of the Originals does not hinge on the viewing of the Prequels. Yes the Prequels add to, and for some undermine, the Originals. But it's not necessary.

Same goes for this book. Knowing Rey's parents names and more about them, isn't necessary for one to enjoy or understand TROS. It's certainly adds some nice additional lore, but it's not a necessity.

Not rude at all - I'm with you, I could care less as well. What we got in the ST was so narratively clunky, just not that interested in much more from the "somehow Palpatine returned" storytellers. They played up Rey's lineage like this big Abrams mystery box™, and somehow the best they could come up with Palpatine had children we never knew about? Lame...
Good, I didn’t want you getting the wrong impression ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back