There's also the thing about Mos Eisley being a "wretched hive of scum and villainy". Those scooter kids don't exactly give off that vibe. Heck, Griff and his crew from Back to the Future 2 were more intimidating.

Exactly. I remember a few years back I was laughing at some Honda Civic with a really janky wing on it. My dad (big car guy, mainly GM, mainly Corvettes) was with me and he said "Hey that might be a young kid and that's the only thing he can do with his car right now to try to modify it so give them a break." and that made sense. They should have done the same thing and had that scooter gang with beater speederbikes that they were trying to make look more fancy, but couldn't pull off because they're on Tatooine.
Completely agree

Actually, like others have said, those scooter gang people would work fine, just not on Tatooine. You put them on a more affluent planet like Corellia, Coruscant, etc. they would fit right in.

Possibly. But they still look too real world to me.

I 100% agree with what everyone else has said about the Vespa Scooter Gang…if only the setting had been changed from a dirt planet to something else, they would have totally worked and been an awesome gang of “cyborg street toughs”.

It’s just like this turd in a punch bowl…if only the turd was placed in a different kind of punch bowl, it would totally be palatable and maybe even the most awesome confection ever.

83EB5BA9-92B0-4D46-8763-96C047B84F3E.jpeg

A710BB69-DB04-4774-ACB6-789CEB0DC358.jpeg

Last edited:
I 100% agree with what everyone else has said about the Vespa Scooter Gang…if only the setting had changed from a dirt planet, they would have totally worked and been an awesome gang of “cyborg street toughs”.

Just like this turd in a punch bowl…if only the turd was placed in a different punch bowl, it would totally be palatable and maybe even the most awesome confection ever.

View attachment 1574725

View attachment 1574735
Haha I'm trying to be generous here.

There's been a generous helping of them lately.... that's for sure.
Ha I put them in the same camp as the dude trying to sell Ben Death sticks in the prequels..
I don't want recognisable Real world items or 50s Diners peppered into my scifi unless its a Future Earth type scenario.. If its of Alien origin I want Alien tech as much as poss.
Ig88 gets a hard pass as anything Rolls Royce is cool and it's repurposed like a great many Props in SW but those Vespas were just too familiar..
That's what made Landspeeders Great and the How did they do that element.

In the original Star Wars, when Luke found the charred, skeletal remains of his aunt and uncle back on the moisture farm, what did he do next?
Did he bury them in the sand?
Drag the corpses back into the indoor area(s) and leave them to the ravages of time?
Use an unseen Mandalorian like weapon to vaporize the remains?
Put them on a funeral pyre?
Just turn away in abject denial and head back to Kenobi and the droids?

By the time they got to Mos Eisley later that day, Luke seems to be back to his good old annoying "Wormy" self. Which is odd, because Owen and Beru WERE his parents. And yet even more odd, they still identified with him as his aunt and uncle, even though they raised him from infancy (it's very common for such family members to be called "mom" and "dad" because they fulfill that role to the child)

And since Uncle Owen did not want Luke galivanting about like his father, he made up a story about his father being a "navigator on a spice freighter" i.e. "Your biological dad was a drug runner." But why even bring his father (Anakin) up in conversation? Why not just tell Luke that they were his parents? If you never wanted Luke to be like his father, then don't tell him about his real father.

So something I've always wondered. The Rebel Alliance symbol. Is there any known real world stuff on the symbol? Was it meant to be a stylized bird? Or just a random cool looking symbol?
If you mean the usually-red "anchor" looking thing, that was more an Alderaan thing. Difficult-to-follow production stuff suggests it was to be painted on Leia's ship ("the crest of the royal house of Alderaan"), but ultimately not. The Rebel insignia -- more probably the emblem of the Republic they're trying to restore -- is the "sliced onion" decal on the Rebel helmets. At the time the movie was made, the Empire was a recent thing, and a lot of the Rebel pilots were Republic veterans who deserted rather than serve in the Empire.

But yes -- both were created by John Mollo, along with the Imperial "cog" to be part of the visual storytelling. Drawing from the Kurosawa influence George was talking about while writing "The Hidden Fortress in Space", using mon as inspiration for the factions (which were originally much more in the vein of noble houses fighting for position and power under a distant and indifferent Emperor, a la the Japanese medieval period of said Kurosawa film). There is a strong Japanese element to his early sketches, before the story refined, and refined again.

There's also the thing about Mos Eisley being a "wretched hive of scum and villainy". Those scooter kids don't exactly give off that vibe. Heck, Griff and his crew from Back to the Future 2 were more intimidating.
Yes, but this was Mos Espa.

If you mean the usually-red "anchor" looking thing, that was more an Alderaan thing. Difficult-to-follow production stuff suggests it was to be painted on Leia's ship ("the crest of the royal house of Alderaan"), but ultimately not. The Rebel insignia -- more probably the emblem of the Republic they're trying to restore -- is the "sliced onion" decal on the Rebel helmets. At the time the movie was made, the Empire was a recent thing, and a lot of the Rebel pilots were Republic veterans who deserted rather than serve in the Empire.

But yes -- both were created by John Mollo, along with the Imperial "cog" to be part of the visual storytelling. Drawing from the Kurosawa influence George was talking about while writing "The Hidden Fortress in Space", using mon as inspiration for the factions (which were originally much more in the vein of noble houses fighting for position and power under a distant and indifferent Emperor, a la the Japanese medieval period of said Kurosawa film). There is a strong Japanese element to his early sketches, before the story refined, and refined again.

Yes, but this was Mos Espa.
You are correct, sir. I was thinking Mando landed at Mos Espa but all the action with Boba took place at Mos Eisley. My mistake.

I imagine he put their remains back in the hut or buried them. Or he just walked away. Honestly though I think there are some details that as die hard fans we overthink because ultimately they aren't relevant to the story, otherwise they would have been filmed. All we need to know is that his simple life is over and he has no reason to stay on Tatooine because his family is gone. The reason die hards think of these details is because we've watched the movie so many times that we start to unnecessarily pick them apart to mine something new from old material. It's the same thing when we spend too much time with someone we love. Humans have a habit of picking fights to keep things fresh in a relationship, instead of just taking a break from one another for a while. ;)

It's the same when I see fans question not seeing Leia weeping for 5 minutes straight about Alderaan getting destroyed. There's a shot of her looking on in horror when it happens. Point made. We're not going to get scenes like this....

will-ferrell-im-in-a-glass-case-of-emotion.gif

There's something to be said for remembering what genre of film were watching too. A lighthearted space adventure isn't going to delve super deep into monologues of emotion. It will likely touch on them and move on. As long as what's happening in the story makes sense within the context of what's been established for that world, you have to remember that a well made film will only show what's necessary to get the point across. No need to expound on details that bog down the pace.

Case in point, Vader's scenes in the original film only amounts to like 12 minutes of screentime (from what I've read at least) and yet his impact on that story is immense. It's just recognizing how to best utilize the most impactful material in the most efficient way.

I dont remember Rogue One perfectly since I only saw it once but given that Cassian killed a fellow rebel who could have been an informant for the Empire early in the movie and was quite instrumental in helping get the death star plans to the rebels, him turning out to be a traitor feels like a cheap attempt to surprise the audience.

Then again, Rogue One went through a lot of redrafts apparently so in the version where he is a traitor, it might have made more sense.

Cassian being an Imperial double-agent doesn't track. Cassian working for the Empire while being a double-agent for the Rebellion... would. Maybe that'll be something we see in his show, and how he gets K-2SO. Rogue One was a mess, writing-wise. Jyn was the maguffin, not the protagonist. Cassian was the protagonist. The TPK was weak, for the weakest of reasons ("well, we don't see them in Star Wars, so obviously they all died"). And Vader chasing Leia from the battle her ship was involved in breaks her first encounter with the Dark Lord in Star Wars.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back