Thats why the teeth line the bottom of it in case anyone happens to be below, like the unfortunate rancor.

Huh... I always thought the teeth on the bottom of the door were meant to add an extra layer of protection, to keep the door from buckling if a heavy creature like the Rancor was ramming it, trying to get out. I figured there were corresponding holes in the floor that were reinforced to eliminate any weak spots.

Huh... I always thought the teeth on the bottom of the door were meant to add an extra layer of protection, to keep the door from buckling if a heavy creature like the Rancor was ramming it, trying to get out. I figured there were corresponding holes in the floor that were reinforced to eliminate any weak spots.
That actually makes more sense, to stop enemies from pushing/ramming through the door. The pointed teeth hurting an enemy was probably just a fringe benefit.

Last edited:
I’m with the “malfunction” school of thought. It’s an animal/prisoner containment system, in the event of a power failure you would want a “fail closed” kind of door. The slow opening would be normal safe function.

IDK why everyone is thinking it's a big deal the way this door operates. ALL doors in SW work that way.

You get under it, it falls...

Remember when the FALCON did the Rancor move to Han Solo?

LOL

I swear there was a practical green milk bottle that had a different neck/profile that was CG’d over into the one we see on screen. I remember a thread about people trying to source or reproduce it. The original bottle appears in the visual dictionary

I swear there was a practical green milk bottle that had a different neck/profile that was CG’d over into the one we see on screen. I remember a thread about people trying to source or reproduce it. The original bottle appears in the visual dictionary

I remember that. It's changes like that that make me wonder about the Director's priorities sometimes. Is that really the best use of the artists time?

I remember that. It's changes like that that make me wonder about the Director's priorities sometimes. Is that really the best use of the artists time?
My guess would be that it was something done late in production, sometime well after the scene was shot and the director, after seeing the footage, was unhappy with the look of the bottle. So, as a result, they had the bottle changed in post to look more like what he wanted or thought actually worked better.

I wonder about the priorities of the fans that a milk bottle or a door closing are of paramount importance.
ogre-nerds.gif

Still doesn't bother me nearly as much as the disaster that is the Rise of Skywalker score. Yoda's theme during the X-Wing lift is the worse kind of Nostalgia-bait. They screwed up the meanings of a bunch of other musical themes as well.
Well that's another director but I agree.

If your "finest asset" or crowning career achievement is a digitally rendered cup in one of the most openly reviled scenes in this franchise, then bragging about it is like bragging you held Liam Neeson's place in line to the men's room during the production of TPM.
IDK, man... If either one of those were your job for the day, & you did it to the best of your ability, then brag on, dude. Good for you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back