Oh man. Sorry for the topic whiplash, but I was just hunting for keto ice cream to favorite on Wal-Mart's grocery website to save for future deliveries, and stumbled across these:

falconbars.jpeg

Twelve-year-old non-diabetic me would've wanted an entire pallet of these. :lol:

Maybe that's another thing we could talk about - anybody got other ridonkulous licensed SW food items? (Besides the Pez dispensers and the Jar Jar tongue lollipop, lol.) I remember seeing these in a Tumblr post once a couple years back:

crop;jpeg_quality=70.jpg

Seeing Luke or Rey on a label for Pineapple or Iceberg Lettuce always made me chuckle. Though back in my teens I used to save packaging for anything with a Star Wars logo on it for my extensive collection. I know, I know. I was a cool kid. :cool: I used to save newspaper ads for Star Wars items and save them in a binder because that's the kind of winner I was. I'm literally laughing at myself now. I was pathetic! hahahahahahaha

I sort of aspired to be like Steve Sansweet in those days.

Leonard from TBBT was right, I get why bullies beat up kids like me. Spot on Laspector!

Seeing Luke or Rey on a label for Pineapple or Iceberg Lettuce always made me chuckle. Though back in my teens I used to save packaging for anything with a Star Wars logo on it for my extensive collection. I know, I know. I was a cool kid. :cool: I used to save newspaper ads for Star Wars items and save them in a binder because that's the kind of winner I was. I'm literally laughing at myself now. I was pathetic! hahahahahahaha

I sort of aspired to be like Steve Sansweet in those days.

Leonard from TBBT was right, I get why bullies beat up kids like me. Spot on Laspector!
I did that with TMNT. I still have a binder with little newspaper clippings, potato chip bags, Kleenex, etc. Then there a few pages of drawings, followed by the comic book I wrote and illustrated that's basically just a more violent re-hash of the movie, disguised as a "10 years later" sequel, and April ends up dead.

Nerds. :lol:

I used to save the paper Burger King cups, actually I still have them lol. I would ask people sitting next us if I could have their cups. That's how I got a look at the Graflex lightsaber. And decided that I needed a more accurate lightsaber. Which was one of those Hasbro flick out sabers, with D-ring attached to the belt clip via a peice of leather.

I had stickers that came from Lays potato chips, I wanted to save the bags. But I decided a greasy chip bag wasn't worth it. :lol:

Wow! That's awesome actually. :)
How do you pronounce that??.. Strik-in-ach (?)
Streakynuts is probably the closest but yours is a close one. I always challenge people to try pronounce it on their own when they ask me. It's not easy even for Hungarians, especially that the name is more Croatian/Bosnian in origin.

I was just talking with SickleClaw about the cut dialogue in the duel between Vader and Obi-Wan, and how much more compelling it made the story, some of which made it into the comic adaption, movie video game, and Lego game. A big chunk of what was cut was an exchange between Vader and Obi-Wan where Vader basically calls out Obi-Wan for making him feel betrayed along with the Council.

Obi-Wan: “I have failed you, Anakin... I have failed you... but I won’t abandon you to the dark side.”
Vader: “That’s not your decision to make!”
Obi-Wan: "Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!"
Vader: "The Council turned their back on me! From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
Obi-Wan: “Well then you are lost!”

And then a part at the very end of the duel, after Obi-Wan chops of Vader's limbs, where Vader, whose eyes return to being Anakin's blue eyes, begs for Obi-Wan to help him, and Obi-Wan says, "I loved you, but nothing can help you." After which, Vader's eyes instantly revert to their Sith yellow look, and he screams "I hate you!" I remember this dialogue making it into the comic adaption, which I read prior to seeing the movie, and provided some confusion for me when I saw the scene in theaters and some of this dialogue having been cut out. Apparently during the final scene, you can still see Hayden Christensen mouthing the dialogue pleading for help.

There was also a cut bit of dialogue from before the start of the duel, where Vader tells Obi-Wan to surrender. Vader was trying to give Obi-Wan one last chance to just leave and never return. It makes the scene more interesting because in the final cut, the movie makes it look like Vader is just itching for a fight, where as in the extended dialogue version you can hear that Vader's heart is still not totally in the fight until Obi-Wan just leaves him to die, at which point he truly, and utterly hates Obi-Wan for the rest of his life.

Thinking about it, I think this is one of the biggest wrongs with the Duel on Mustafar. George Lucas was still trying to tell this story in black and white, when it clearly no longer was. He tried to make it seem like Darth Vader = bad and Obi-Wan = good, like it was back in 1977. But that ship had long sailed back in 1983. Anakin and Vader had become two sides of the same coin. There wasn't one without the other. Darth Vader had grown beyond being the Black Knight of Arthurian legend, and became this clouded, tragic figure.

Last edited:
Streakynuts is probably the closest but yours is a close one. I always challenge people to try pronounce it on their own when they ask me. It's not easy even for Hungarians, especially that the name is more Croatian/Bosnian in origin.

Cool. Thought perhaps Czechoslovakian only because of the 'cz'.

CT1138, it gets even muddier than that when you factor in stuff written for the OT and prior two PT films -- but also either cut or forgotten/retconned by George. In the original take, back when Anakin and Vader were separate and there was no stigma to a Jedi having a family, Ben and Annikin [sic] were some of the only Jedi still out there toward the end of the Purge. I think in his notes George said Anakin was the last taken out by Vader -- that Anakin lay dying or dead while Ben fought Vader on the edge of a "molten pit" (George's notes imply both lava and a nuclear reactor, variously). And there was some stuff about Anakin not actually dying, but limping along for a while with extensive cybernetics. A lot of that made it into The Star Wars (Dark Horse's adaptation of George's original story). Vader originally was battle-scarred, yes, but only wore the mask for the crossing in vacuum to board the Princess' ship. I feel like the decision to keep Vader's mask on for the whole film to keep him more menacing started things percolating in the back of George's mind, that didn't fully coalesce until the story sessions for ESB when they were trying to figure out what devastating thing Vader could say to shatter Luke's world. After that, all the cybernetics that had been Anakin's final days got fused with Vader, and the duel by the molten pit was a good source for that damage. Some of the cut dialogue from ROTJ elaborated on what we were shown in ROTS:

BEN: “When I saw what has become of him, I tried to dissuade him, to draw him back from the dark side. We fought … your father fell into a molten pit. When your father clawed his way out of that fiery pool, the change had been burned into him forever–he was Darth Vader., without a trace of Anakin Skywalker. Irredeemably dark. Scarred. Kept alive only by machinery and his own black will …”

Then there was stuff in AOTC and ROTS that played with that portion of George's backstory. And I don't know why he kept cutting it. In AOTC, after getting back from his failed rescue of his mother, and tells Padme he killed all the Sandpeople, a lot got trimmed from the final version (although some of it is in the digital release):

ANAKIN: "I... I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them... Not just the men, but the women and the children
too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals... I hate them! Why do I hate them? I didn't... I couldn't... I couldn't control myself. I... I don't want to hate them... But I just can't forgive them."

PADMÉ: "To be angry is to be human."

ANAKIN: "To control your anger is to be a Jedi."

PADMÉ: "Ssshhh... you're human."

ANAKIN: "No, I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!"

PADMÉ: "You're like everyone else..."

He keeps cutting all the compelling stuff. I's almost like George is allergic to nuance... :p

Last edited:
I still have three episode 1 battle droid popsicles in the fridge. Since 1999.
I have an R2D2/Fruit Punch-flavored energy drink I was given when TLJ came out. It's just sitting there because I don't plan on drinking it. I appreciated the gesture, but why I haven't thrown it out is beyond me.

I have a bunch of the cups and character toppers (still in their bags) that you could get at KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell while TPM was out. I guess I thought someday I'd display them, or someone would want them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back