Snoke is pretty damn bad. Just silly sounding. Intimidating and ominous as a bowl of pickled beetroot.
Ben Quadrinaros was already mentioned, the reason why I think it's ridiculous because he's driving a 4 engined pod. Quad, get it, ha, clever...may be a stage name, I dunno.
Bib Fortuna always struck me as really silly. Panaka... Then you have Padmé and the handmaidens, Sabé, Rabé, Saché, Yané, Cordé, Dormé, Eirtaé, Versé (I'm not making this up BTW)...I can imagine the recruitment process.
"So let's see...Samantha, is it?"
"Yes your highness."
"Well, congratulations, your application was successful."
"Thank you your highness!"
"You can start immediately. Please pick up your uniform and your new birth certificate from Captain Panaka."
"My...what?"
"Birth certificate. I like naming my staff silly names. Handmaidens have to end with é, and Samanthaé doesn't work. You'll be Yoré."
"Is that necessary, your highness?"
"Oh yea absolutely, what else am I supposed to do with my time as a 14 years old queen played by an obviously 18 years old actress? Panaka used to be Charlie Jackson. How boring..."

Also, while we're on topic:

Savage Opress is on the top of my list. It's just so corny. Then Sly Moore.

But the worst name that's so bad it's actually good. Is Jedi Knight Ima-Gun Di. Named because he dies in the first episode he appears in. :lol:

I forgot about Sly Moore. That's pretty bad too. :lol:

Psab Keel is pretty ridiculous. It was the name of my character in the script of my Star Wars fan film which I submitted for my final project for science fiction class senior year of high school in 1999. It's clear that I was SUPER popular at the time. :cool:

I mean what teenager didn't write their own Star Wars fan fic? I mean all the cool kids were doing it! Running around in our cosplays... throwing Pokemon cards and POGS at each other, drinking slurpees like they were 40's... singing Weird Al songs and coming up with puns to pass the time..... ;) D&D at my house this WEEKEND!!!!! Forget the lame kegger at Brent's house because beer is gross! WHO WANTS CHEETOS!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Wait. What?!
solo-db-therm-scissorpunch-main-image_29a25254.jpg

They might as well call him Supreme Leader Snake.

"Snake equals bad! It's brilliant! " JJ
As Plinkett said:
If he sounds like a snake...It's a mistake...
hmm.. whatevs..
how about avatar names.. Psab Keel, Sztriki, Usagi Pilgrim, and the god aweful, Inquisitor Peregrinus!! :(
:lol: ha,ha KIDDING!..
or am I? :whistle:
Hey, I'm making it easier for you actually, what am I supposed to do with a surname like Sztrikinacz? :lol:
Wait. What?!
Yup. That's legit.
EDIT: After Joek3rr posted a photo of him I forgot that he's basically Christopher Johnson from District9...

DJ was pretty lame as well as Dexter Jettster. Kitser and and Gorbon Zuma were also really silly. Hermie Oodle, The Toad Stool Terror (at least that's what the creature shop for Jedi called one of the aliens in Jabba's Court), Bib Fortuna was goofy too. LOVE the design and character but the name just reminded me of a tuna sandwich.

Therm Scissorpunch?

Hot Staplekick is his brother.

Last edited:
I never had a real problem with the names, unless they were too 'on the nose'.

'Salacious' Crumb
'Greed'o
Han 'Solo'

...& of course this was only after I grew up & felt the need to go back & analyze my childhood entertainment with real world logic & adult-fed cynicism.

Lol

I'm mostly kidding, but I recognize that the naming if characters is a great shortcut to hinting at your characters place in the story. It's especially true in stories intended for younger audiences.

I mean, there's no way anyone of any age is going to hear the name Darth Vader & wonder if he's a good guy.

I'm not taking any of this all that seriously. ;)

It's just an attempt at levity after a frustrating day at work yesterday.

That's a great point as well. A name is just as important to the character as is his or her personality. I just wish people would take that approach when naming their kids in real life.

Cosinga Palpatine - Palps' dad. Makes me think of "Co-Signed" Palpatine (or cosine Palpatine, lol).

I guess the fact that he named his kid "Sheev" shows how much he hated him. :p

(To be fair, apparently the reasoning for this name on the Wook is as follows: "Cosingas (Greek: Κοσίγγας)[3] is one of the generals mentioned by Polyaenus in his Stratagems.[4]" The Emperor's name could've been worse - it was first drafted as "Cos Dashit was the original name of the Emperor (then also "Lord of Alderaan" and "Consul to the Supreme Tribunal") in the rough draft of Star Wars." :lol:) To be honest, the Emperor is one of those characters I would've been fine with never knowing a first name. It kind of spoils the mystique.

On the flip side, I know a name like "Wedge" Antilles is technically ridiculous [I guess so is "Biggs" lol]; since Antilles is supposed to be a super-common name in the GFFA, it's like the equivalent of somebody being named "Chunk Smith." :p But I give Wedginald a pass out of affectionate fondness, lol.

I'm not taking any of this all that seriously. ;)

It's just an attempt at levity after a frustrating day at work yesterday.
Right there with ya, brother.

Woke up yesterday to a waterfall coming in my front door, a dripping leak in the kitchen, & a hallway that looked like the elevator from The Shining, all while hearing the news say that the rain will continue through Sunday. Add to that a roofer that has communication issues, & there's a recipe for coming here for some lighthearted banter.

Oh man, I'm sorry. That's awful. I hope you can get it all repaired soon and that the roofer comes through for you.

I always liked the names Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter (though I know the last name was likely added later? correct me if I'm wrong.)

I too would have been perfectly happy to never know Palpatine's name. Just knowing him as The Emperor and thematically being the literal personification of the Empire worked just fine for me. Again it's just a matter of personal preference. Like Usagi Pilgrim said, when the name is too on the nose, then it annoys me because it's way too obvious.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back