Jason Wingreens original Boba voice is far more combative in tone when talking with Vader, something we don’t see any other character do on screen and get away with it.

It’s subtle, but for me it really damages the fine character interaction between Vader and Boba, because with the more combative tone in addition to Vader being as unbelievably dangerous as he is seen to be on screen throughout the film, if Vader of all people is putting up with Boba effectively talking back to him without any repercussions then how goddamn dangerous does that Boba guy have to be?

Absolutely. I've always thought the same thing about their interactions. Boba was a bit snarky, and Lando is the only person who ever raises his voice at Vader.

"That was never a condition of our agreement, nor was giving Han to this bounty hunter!"

Vader checks him/puts him in place with a power move flex, but he survived the exchange unscathed where Motti was choked just for a bit of sassy mouthing off.

Absolutely. I've always thought the same thing about their interactions. Boba was a bit snarky, and Lando is the only person who ever raises his voice at Vader.

"That was never a condition of our agreement, nor was giving Han to this bounty hunter!"

Vader checks him/puts him in place with a power move flex, but he survived the exchange unscathed where Motti was choked just for a bit of sassy mouthing off.

Thats the whole magic of that character interaction that I absolutely love. Where Vader immediately shuts Lando down and even threatens him after Lando gets to the point of trying to raise his voice with him, Vader is a complete 180° with Boba being repeatedly combative with him, instead responding in a far more reassuring manner that things will work out, which implies to the audience a significant level of respect being exchanged between two incredibly dangerous characters. Wonderful stuff.
It really is amazing how an alteration to something so “small”, be it Boba’s voice tone or Han shooting Greedo first, can absolutely cripple how a character is perceived by the audience

It’s something many writers and directors today just don’t know how to do well sadly... or maybe they do, but corporate think tanks just don't allow that level of character/world building to take place.

It was left on Ach-to after Luke died, according to the TLJ novel. No other info on its location have popped up since that book

SenorChang,

I'm trying to send you a PM in order to provide payment info for the Luke ROTJ run you signed up for. But, your profile preferences are preventing me form messaging you.

Thats the whole magic of that character interaction that I absolutely love. Where Vader immediately shuts Lando down and even threatens him after Lando gets to the point of trying to raise his voice with him, Vader is a complete 180° with Boba being repeatedly combative with him, instead responding in a far more reassuring manner that things will work out, which implies to the audience a significant level of respect being exchanged between two incredibly dangerous characters. Wonderful stuff.

Apparently, Vader has known Boba Fett since he was a lad running around with Bossk and Aurra Sing.

I'm so glad I have my unaltered VHS copies. Not THX edition, not Special Edition, theatrical release.
Sure, there were decent things added with the THX and Special editions, but I can live without them.

I'd still love a Directors cut of the original theatrical version. More Biggs, Cammie and the others. Red Leader saying he knew Anakin Skywalker, as a pilot.

All of the cut Biggs scenes made the character so much more rounded, and his death that much more impactful.

Apparently, Vader has known Boba Fett since he was a lad running around with Bossk and Aurra Sing.

I know Anakin was at least aware of Fett at that age. Boba was obsessed with getting revenge on Mace Windu, had a decent arc dedicated to that in the Clone Wars, which also included Anakin.
I've not kept up with a lot of the ancillary canon material, so where did Vader meet young Boba? Did he have his Mandalorian style armor at that point?
Curious if any contradictions exist with the unfinished Boba/ Cad Bane TCW stuff Filoni showed at Celebration Orlando a couple years back.

I've not kept up with a lot of the ancillary canon material, so where did Vader meet young Boba? Did he have his Mandalorian style armor at that point?

I've finally gotten around to watching the Clone Wars. Anakin was right there when Boba was "arrested" after his failed attempts on Windu. He did not yet have his Mandalorian armor. In fact, he blew up his dad's helmet in an attempt to kill Windu (who was with Anakin at the time).

I was aware of that. He later escaped from prison, thanks in part to Obi-wan (as Rako Hardeen).

Have you seen the incomplete TCW video I referred to above with Boba (in Mandalorian style armor and helmet) in a dual with Cad Bane?

My point was, Anakin knew young Boba Fett, but when did they encounter each other when they were both armored?

I actually kinda hate how boba is portrayed in TCW tbh.. but I know that’s largely personal preference. Where I feel we should have seen the careful creation of a calm, calculating, ruthless when necessary character made in the image of The Man with No Name who’s just damn good at his job, we instead were shown a buffoon who is easily tricked and manipulated by the situations they find themselves in
Something which is in complete contradiction to the character we are shown on screen in ESB

Its just piss poor writing IMHO to let the quality your secondary characters waver into typical cartoonish tropes like that; and while I know “well its made for kids” I feel like the writing within many childrens medium that I and many others grew up with from the 80’s and 90’s had far more love, care and intelligence put into the world building within them. And I don’t mean that solely in the treatment of Boba in TCW but nearly all secondary characters across the board.
Just more of “its a shame considering what might have been” I suppose
I still really enjoy parts of TCW though, namely the darth maul arc, as goofy as it gets with the spider leg crap

I really dislike how Vader now yells, "No!" to the Emperor before he saves Luke. The original silence during his act was far more powerful.

Out of all the edits that one is the one I think I hate the most.

I watched ROTJ over the weekend and had a weird thought while watching Luke burn Vader on the funeral pyre. The wood on the pyre looks like it has ax cut ends. Luke has a lightsaber so he presumably would have used that to cut trees. I'm guessing he built the pyre himself because you don't bring Vader back and go "Oh it's okay he's my dad." I also doubt he went and got some Ewoks to help. This is all I will be able to think about now when I see that part...
tEToMcO.gif

Out of all the edits that one is the one I think I hate the most.

I watched ROTJ over the weekend and had a weird thought while watching Luke burn Vader on the funeral pyre. The wood on the pyre looks like it has ax cut ends. Luke has a lightsaber so he presumably would have used that to cut trees. I'm guessing he built the pyre himself because you don't bring Vader back and go "Oh it's okay he's my dad." I also doubt he went and got some Ewoks to help. This is all I will be able to think about now when I see that part... View attachment 1252330

Luke used his Jedi mind trick on some red-plaid lumberjacks, problem solved.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back