I just noticed something from watching it that I never noticed before. In all the cockpit shots of the group on the way to Alderaan/Deathstar, Chewie is never wearing his bandolier. Yet he does have it on during the chess game. Odd, never noticed that before in all these years.

I just noticed something from watching it that I never noticed before. In all the cockpit shots of the group on the way to Alderaan/Deathstar, Chewie is never wearing his bandolier. Yet he does have it on during the chess game. Odd, never noticed that before in all these years.

interesting.

millennium-falcon-cockpit.jpg

That is something I missed. Its funny the things we miss or forget about. I can honestly say I have watched ANH hundreds of times since I was a kid. I recently watched ANH in a different capacity. I decided I wanted to look at some odd props from lukes workshop to add to my own shuttle bay (Man Cave). I realized that I was so used to everything that I just overlooked all of the background details. What a fun and exciting eye opener. I never noticed the T-16 in the background or so many other small things. I am sure everyone else.
Needless to say I have watched all the movies again and have really enjoyed looking at the backgrounds and props I never paid attention to in the past. The T-16 has become one of my favorite ships since this revelation.

I have no problem with a Squadron being name Rogue. My problem is trying to force that name on Red Squadron during the original trilogy as if they had changed their name after Yavin. We know they were still Red Squadron in Return of the Jedi. Now if that comic I referred to earlier had Luke and other temporary adopting the name as an homage to their similar act of defiance like Rogue One, I can tolerate that. But only if at that instance, it was a one time thing.

I really wanted to like the X-wing books but them. They seemed very promising and then they had to drag into “turns out I’m a jedi” storyline and I got turned off. Then wraith squadron was just awful... but that didn’t stop me from making patches. I still sell them. :D

I don't think they just renamed Red Squadron, they just used the red markings. I don't think the fighters in ROTJ were supposed to be Rogue Squadron, just a squadron using the Red name because of that squadron taking down the first Death Star. What bugs me is that the ROTJ SE should have added lots more Rebel fighters to make it seem realistic.

I love Wraith Squadron! How can you not? It's like The Dirty Dozen with X-Wings.

What's everyone's favorite greeble?
I guess we're getting OT, but I put one of these on almost everything I make:

image.png

They cover the contacts on 9v batteries. You never see them in retail packs, but if you work in an industry that orders them in bulk, like TV/film production, they're on all the 9v batteries you use, and the covers end up in your pockets and you rediscover them rattling around in the dryer days later.

While they were probably created to prevent shorts, their best feature is if there's one on a battery you grab, you know it's fresh.

(oh, and *greeblie. :p:D)

For funzies, a look at this 1977 shot that was replaced in the SE. This is from a 4K scan, but it is dumbed down 49% to get the filesize down for uploading here.
I'm a "bring back the original" guy, mind you: but I can understand GL wanting to fix this. I don't know if you could even call this a matte "painting". It's a photograph of the model, with a black cutout area around it with no attempt to blend the edges into the live action background. The mounting covers are even missing on the ends of the mandibles!
The cockpit and the area of the ship behind it are the fullsize set. You can follow the seam along the right (our right) of the cockpit and up and over and back. They did do a good job of getting a shot of the model at the right angle, focal length, etc, that they could line it up this well.
What also sells it is that the troopers moving draws the eye. By the time the 2 second shot is over, you haven't had the chance to scrutinize.
Love it.

For funzies, a look at this 1977 shot that was replaced in the SE. This is from a 4K scan, but it is dumbed down 49% to get the filesize down for uploading here.
I'm a "bring back the original" guy, mind you: but I can understand GL wanting to fix this. I don't know if you could even call this a matte "painting". It's a photograph of the model, with a black cutout area around it with no attempt to blend the edges into the live action background. The mounting covers are even missing on the ends of the mandibles!
The cockpit and the area of the ship behind it are the fullsize set. You can follow the seam along the right (our right) of the cockpit and up and over and back. They did do a good job of getting a shot of the model at the right angle, focal length, etc, that they could line it up this well.
What also sells it is that the troopers moving draws the eye. By the time the 2 second shot is over, you haven't had the chance to scrutinize.
Love it.

View attachment 1020440
Wow! I've never noticed how sloppy that looks. But at the same time it's so cool!

I love Wraith Squadron! How can you not? It's like The Dirty Dozen with X-Wings.

The idea was fine. In fact, the rebel pilot related role play board I was running had the same type of set up. However I considered it a Star Wars version of the 70’s WW2 tv series Black Sheep Squadron. I had not read the books up until about 3 years after I came up with the idea.

I can’t tell you exactly what I did not like about Wraith Squadron books because it was so long ago. I remember I felt like whatever it wasn’t as good as Rogue Squadron and I felt like Rogue Squadron fell off at the end. I also think I remember them relying on the use of newly developed technology to overcome problems. Just seems like lazy writing. But like I said, I probably read these books around 2003, 2004. I also remember when the last Wraith book came out around 2012 ???.. and I could make it through the first few chapters.

Honestly, I find most Star Wars novels to be pandering, cliche dribble. I do keep trying from time to time but continue to feel disappointed.

In June, Alphabet Squadron hits book shelves. Amazon.com: Alphabet Squadron (Star Wars) (9781984821980): Alexander Freed: Books

I’ll give it a shot, but I don’t expect it to be anything better than before.

Personally I think we should refrain from duplication of existing forum discussions in this thread in order to not have to have repost the same comments over and over again.
I created this thread for all things Star Wars. Past, present, and future. I'm just sharing some photos that got my brain going. Whether or not people want to talk about them here, is up to them. Personally I'm going to hop over The Rise of Skywalker thread to go more in depth. But I want anyone here to be able to stay in the loop.

OK, something that has always bothered me...

In Empire it was clearly shown that the Alliance had the technology to create realistic flesh on Luke’s bionic hand.

I get it that in Jedi they shot his hand and had him wear a glove so that the symbolism with his evil cyborg father would be more evident.

However, why then does he have NO flesh on his bionic hand in the sequel trilogy?? Did the artificial flesh rot off? Or, like a man missing his front teeth for 30 years, did he simply not get around to sitting down with 2-1B for 1/2 hour, or so, and have either a new fleshy hand installed or the artificial flesh repaired?

I get it that Anakin has no flesh on his bionic hand either, but I thought that was likely due to medical technology being more primitive than in Luke’s time...
FA7FC3A7-52F9-4BDD-8886-6F1FFCFE2A6F.png

489203DE-99CF-41BC-8780-D1CC02361C08.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, something that has always bothered me...

In Empire it was clearly shown that the Alliance had the technology to create realistic flesh on Luke’s bionic hand.

I get it that in Jedi they shot his hand and had him wear a glove so that the symbolism with his evil cyborg father would be more evident.

However, why then does he have NO flesh on his bionic hand in the sequel trilogy?? Did the artificial flesh rot off? Or, like a man missing his front teeth for 30 years, did he simply not get around to sitting down with 2-1B for 1/2 hour, or so, and have either a new fleshy hand installed or the artificial flesh repaired?

I get it that Anakin has no flesh in his bionic hand either but I thought that was likely due to medical technology being more primitive than in Luke’s time...
View attachment 1021895
View attachment 1021896

Real world answer. They thought it would be cool to see Luke's hand?

In-universe answer. I don't know. There's surprising little on synthflesh.

I don't know the real answer. To me, I figured he no longer cared. It's kind of like a guy who wears a toupee. After a while it might be more trouble than it's worth. Or maybe the technology to maintain the skin is something that needs to me maintained or replaced. Think about how much you or others bang up their cell phone and need to replace the protective glass shield and case. I imagine a hand gets pretty banged up too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back