My hands-down favorite Tatooine costume...

camie-koo-stark-in-a-deleted-scene-from-star-wars (1).jpeg

So for those who love Star Wars music. I suggest checking out this guy's YouTube channel. He does a great job of getting all the music from the films. Stuff you'll miss if you just listen to the official album releases. Film Score Media

Okay this doesn't really belong in the entertainment and movie section. But I don't feel like creating a whole thread for one picture..........
20190427_111825.jpg

But here's my own teaser

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yiss.

Also -

So for those who love Star Wars music. I suggest checking out this guy's YouTube channel. He does a great job of getting all the music from the films. Stuff you'll miss if you just listen to the official album releases. Film Score Media

Hhhggnnnnnnn my jam. Insta-bookmark. Awesomesauce, thanks. (y)

While we're at it posting some pics of our own, I figure I might as well share some shots of the thrifted jacket Mom beaded for me:

P1010529.JPG

(If you'll forgive the slightly crooked Aurebesh - this is handmade, after all - it spells MOON JOCKEYS. :lol:)

P1010530.JPG

The blue beads aren't the cockpit window, they're meant to represent the astromech socket.

P1010527.JPG

Just went for a straight-up Lisa Frank-meets-Star Wars vibe. :p

P1010528.JPG

Had to embellish it with some rad pins from Etsy (glittery Binary Sunset and the iconic quote, "It's Fake and in Space") and some charms/pins from Joann's.

Yes, I totally plan on rocking this again on May the Fourth.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yiss.

Also -

Hhhggnnnnnnn my jam. Insta-bookmark. Awesomesauce, thanks. (y)

While we're at it posting some pics of our own, I figure I might as well share some shots of the thrifted jacket Mom beaded for me:

View attachment 1013858

(If you'll forgive the slightly crooked Aurebesh - this is handmade, after all - it spells MOON JOCKEYS. :lol:)

View attachment 1013859

The blue beads aren't the cockpit window, they're meant to represent the astromech socket.

View attachment 1013860

Just went for a straight-up Lisa Frank-meets-Star Wars vibe. :p

View attachment 1013861

Had to embellish it with some rad pins from Etsy (glittery Binary Sunset and the iconic quote, "It's Fake and in Space") and some charms/pins from Joann's.

Yes, I totally plan on rocking this again on May the Fourth.

Wow!! That’s wicked!! Do you have anymore pics of work like that?!

Wow!! That’s wicked!! Do you have anymore pics of work like that?!

Of that particular jacket, that's all the shots I took. (Mom's other jacket pieces aren't SW, lol.)

That's the reason behind my username - I'm the one who "sketches" the outline of the design on the fabric and she does the embroidery/beading. (I have to use a white chalk pencil on most jackets, since anything dark won't show up enough for her to see it, and that pretty much means having to free-hand the drawing since I can't really do a trace transfer with a "white charcoal" medium the way I could with regular charcoal on light muslin. She's been making jackets on-&-off for me since I was 4 years old. :D

We had plans to make a "crossing lightsabers" jacket, but she's grown so ill that this work has gotten too uncomfortable for her, so I don't think that one will happen. :( I'd rather she not push herself and be in pain just to get another one done.

Of that particular jacket, that's all the shots I took. (Mom's other jacket pieces aren't SW, lol.)

That's the reason behind my username - I'm the one who "sketches" the outline of the design on the fabric and she does the embroidery/beading. (I have to use a white chalk pencil on most jackets, since anything dark won't show up enough for her to see it, and that pretty much means having to free-hand the drawing since I can't really do a trace transfer with a "white charcoal" medium the way I could with regular charcoal on light muslin. She's been making jackets on-&-off for me since I was 4 years old. :D

We had plans to make a "crossing lightsabers" jacket, but she's grown so ill that this work has gotten too uncomfortable for her, so I don't think that one will happen. :( I'd rather she not push herself and be in pain just to get another one done.

Wow, that’s really cool. I like the family team work! Also like the username explained, makes perfect sense!

Sewing, stitching, I wouldn’t know where to begin with that

Very cool to see a mother and daughter team!

Wow, that’s really cool. I like the family team work! Also like the username explained, makes perfect sense!

Sewing, stitching, I wouldn’t know where to begin with that

Very cool to see a mother and daughter team!

Ah, I just remembered - when I was in middle school, Mom actually did throw together my very first SW costume for Halloween: Ewok Village Princess Leia. :D She improvised with some clothing and materials we had on hand and I already had a faux braid headband, and I recall it being pretty cute. But I was miffed that no one in class recognized who I was supposed to be, LOL. Unfortunately I don't have pics of that.

ThreadSketch, I dressed up as a shower, a la Daniel in Karate Kid, the year that film came out. No one else did, and no one recognized the reference. Biggest costume downer ever. I hate when that happens -- especially when one figures people should get the reference.

LOL, majestic - truly an epic bummer no one caught on.

Beautiful beadwork, though. Tell her we said so. :)

Welllllll...Mom doesn't know about me posting her handiwork on the internets and she'd probably be more than a little freaked out by that, but I'm glad she's appreciated. :D

ThreadSketch, I dressed up as a shower, a la Daniel in Karate Kid, the year that film came out. No one else did, and no one recognized the reference. Biggest costume downer ever. I hate when that happens -- especially when one figures people should get the reference.

Beautiful beadwork, though. Tell her we said so. :)

Dude last year when I took my niece to our annual Halloween parade here in town, there was maybe a 10yr old boy in the shower costume!!

I wish I took a picture but could you imagine a 35yr old ghostbusters running up to you asking to take a picture of your 10yr old kid in a mobile shower... yeeeeeaaah kinda creepy

But I was amazed at a kid that age knowing the movie and costume his bothers and friends with johnnys crew in the Skelton costumes, but the shower costume was the best!!

I came across this picture this morning.
zrpikpw3t8s21.jpg

It's always fun to look back and see a franchises logos. You get a sense of how it's evolved. There's been a lot of them, when you add the Special Editions, foreign releases, and different toy packaging.

What's everyone's favorite logo? I think I'm partial to the Prequel logos. When I was kid I can remember seeing them all over the place, and on everything you could possible imagine. It's amazing to think how much the Prequels affected me, even though I wouldn't get to see the films until years after they were all released.

Best logo is just plain ol' Star Wars. To me, that what they all are. I've never went to a theater and said "One ticket for Force Awakens" etc. Just "one ticket for Star Wars."

Hell, I remember being in line in 1980 hearing people ask for tickets to Star Wars 2.

Lol Star Wars 2!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back