Darth Lars

Master Member
The two biggest takeaways I have from this discussion is that it's terrible when someone has no sense of humour and that someone somewhere wrote down the name "Darth Momin" and said, yup, that'll be good.
Oh, yet again, I thought someone was just joking and it turned out to be real ...

Does he have pale white skin under that helmet and speak with a Finnish accent perhaps?

Joek3rr

Master Member
25 Days of Star Wars Music - day 4

Yeah this probably kinda lazy of me, to choose another piece from the same movie. But it snowed last night and I'm in the mood for "The Empire Strikes Back." Plus the piano at the beginning is just awesome. Sadly it was removed from the final edit of the film.

Joek3rr

Master Member
25 Days of Star Wars Music - day 5

So one of the purposes of doing this musical advent calendar of sorts. Is I've been wanting to share some more obscure pieces of Star Wars music. This is either because the official album releases only have a fraction of what's in the film. Or when it's in a film like "The Phantom Menace", it might get overshadowed by pieces like the "Duel of the Fates."

In my opinion, and it might be a bit of a controversial opinion, but I think "The Phantom Menace" has some of the most beautiful pieces John Williams has ever written for Star Wars. And this piece might be the most beautiful.

It begins with the first appearance of "Qui-Gon's Theme." And then moves into a beautiful piece for Shmi and Anakin. Though I think mostly for Shmi. It really moves, when it gets to that lone woodwind. Musically representing I feel Shmi's impending aloneness. And the way it rises and falls. Rising for strength, then falling in sorrow. Then the piece moves, on, with a bit of what sounds like a celeste, for the innocence of Anakin. Then finally culminates in a sweeping rendition of the "Force Theme" ending with "Anakin's Theme."

Ron

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Oh my gosh I was watching reaction videos this weekend. Awful. I wouldn't pay $600 let alone $6K.

The lightsaber "training" is so hilariously lame.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Pepperbone

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Oh my gosh I was watching reaction videos this weekend. Awful. I wouldn't pay $600 let alone $6K.

The lightsaber "training" is so hilariously lame.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What I like about the...promo video...?!...is that it doesn't look tacky OR cheezy!

c3ae67c80ef914797278b52f680d65df.gif

ADDENDUM: I missed the last 2 seconds of the video where Tie Fighters swoop-in and attack the cruiser :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YES!!! Take that ship out, now!!!!

Psab keel

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Watching those videos made me cringe. I couldn't imagine spending a dime on something like that. It just seems too corny. Well intentioned perhaps (if I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt) but otherwise painfully uncomfortable to watch, much less experience in person.

Star Wars is more than just the trappings. More than just the environments/ planets. More than X-Wings. And certainly more than a Cruise!! It's the characters. For all the resources available to them and their success at creating theme parks with exciting rides this is shamefully underwhelming.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.