Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Hi,
Do you know this kit part?
I can't find it :(
20200812_134736.jpg

hi all,
Getting back into prepping for this build, I know someone had a full scale plan drawings of this ship, are they still available
I should know who had it but cannot find it ?
thanks

It would most likely be in either vfxsup64 or Maruska's threads as both Andre and Joshua collaborated on this, along with other builders. Not sure which thread though.

The 3D model and a PDF doc was uploaded to GrabCAD by Joshua however I think the PDF is without dimensions. Could be mistaken.

Looking forward to following your project!

Last edited:
Are there any sources for these old model kits being made by 3d printers? I have been to falcon3d and shapeways etc all producing mostly the same parts but these unique parts would be awesome!!

There are others but try these:

Some parts are already published on GrabCAD. The rest are in the works. There are only a few contributors so it's a long slow process.
Cheers,

It would most likely be in either vfxsup64 or maruska's threads as both Andre and Joshua collaborated on this, along with other builders. Not sure which thread though.

The 3D model and a PDF doc was uploaded to GrabCAD by Joshua however I think the PDF is without dimensions. Could be mistaken.

Looking forward to following your project!
thank you Ill take a look

And more Tamiya 8Rad parts missing from the part maps.
Part listed as #22 on MF027_12 is unfortunately not from the 8Rad kit.
Is there any stuff like this for the 32" Falcon? The only source I have heard is on studioscalemodelers.com and they don't allow new members for some reason it seems.

Anyone out there managed to ID the parts for the back of the radar dish? I know that the Sat V ring, Stug part and what looks like a cannon mount from the deck cut from the Rodney are there just looking for the other details to add, almost completed the front of the dish now so I'll be starting on the back, really would appreciate it if someone could help

, View attachment 703827View attachment 703828
Wasn't it the end cap off the amt tanker?

Looking at these underside shots, it appears these 'plates' (highlighted in Yellow) are from a big kit, maybe an AMT Truck or something, or a big Tank? Looked through the usual suspects, and not seeing anything. Anybody have any ideas on what kit these plates might be from. I noticed these consistent injection mold recesses and other clues that do seem to confirm these are not styrene plated parts.
Side skirts from a large tamiya tank probably the chieftan

Wasn't it the end cap off the amt tanker?
The dish for the 5' Falcon is Plastruct, part in the centre on the rear of the dish comes from Revell 1/72 Ginga - ID thanks to Tsophika, not from the Rodney as I originally thought.
There was speculation that the AMT tanker was used for the 32" think I saw that mentioned in another thread somewhere.

Last edited:
Like many others here I have searched long a hard to find the same piece in a donor kit with no luck.

Recently I have been examining photos of the underside of hull. After looking more closely at these pictures, I think it's just Styrene, or at least the very outer layers with patterned holes, likely by hole punch.

Here is a closeup of the starboard fwd landing gear box (photo courtesy of Nwerke).

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 3.49.52 pm.png

Some of the same holes are found in the armour plating around the gear cutouts.

I'm not sure if this has been covered but there are also featureless circular styrene pieces similar if not identical in diameter to the punched holes. Likely the recycled punched material placed back down.

I'd bet that Eagle1 has the correct approach to replicating this detail in his build with styrene card.

Very interesting -- I never noticed til now how the larger circular "punch-outs" were then recycled and added as additional layer greeblies on these and adjoining styrene panels - but which totally makes sense with ILM's "use as much as you can, don't waste anything" build philosophy.

It looks like two standard size hole punches were used -- any clue what those dimensions are?

Is there any stuff like this for the 32" Falcon? The only source I have heard is on studioscalemodelers.com and they don't allow new members for some reason it seems.
Asked the same question many times in various places. Never got an answer....
Asked for an invite to studioscalemodelers forum several times via mail. Never got an answer....

Asked for an invite to studioscalemodelers forum several times via mail. Never got an answer....
He Dekon,

I don't think I've seen one like this.

I thought I had recently come across someones old thread here that was based on the ESB 32" falcon however I'm not sure if it was a typical Studio Scale build, and I'm not sure how faithfull the kitbashed parts were to the original. It just appeared really well done. And not sure how much ID's were shared either. I haven't really researched this model.

I think I merely stumbled across the thread due to one of the pics being featured in the front page of the forums, and I clicked through.

Sorry to hear that you had difficulty with the SSM site. All I can say is keep trying, it's worth it.

Best regards!

Is there any stuff like this for the 32" Falcon?

There was such a thread back in the day, and its remnants might still be here, but between pic links breaking, and a lot of material from older threads being lost over multiple server moves, it wouldn't be much help. You'd probably have to create a new thread and see if the current community is interested in reinventing the wheel.

Are there any sources for these old model kits being made by 3d printers? I have been to falcon3d and shapeways etc all producing mostly the same parts but these unique parts would be awesome!!
I'm interested in modeling these parts for a printable greeblie library but I'll need some time to read the thread and decide if I have enough information to go on.

Hi guys !
I realized this little list, which lists the different kits used for the Millenium Falcon 5 foot.
Some kits are not used, they are needed for other models Studio Scale.
Do not hesitate to make your remarks, modify it, share it here, to help, those who like me, dream of building it.
Sorry for my bad english: /
Thank you for sharing this.

I can't speak for Jase at SSM but he did say he was taking a break from modeling for a while. His screen name is JAWS. You might try to message him there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back