JURASSIC WORLD - Claire Dearing Costume Thread

I have t been able to find a social media account of theirs. I found a costumes union that might be able to help. I was wondering if they were custom pieces as well. Her skirt looks like a bias cut blue skirt I own from XXI. It's super simple and only like 2 pieces. The tank looks EXACTLY like the ones form XXI as well. I would think they wouldn't wanna buy 20 designer garments only to destroy them lol. I'll try and see if I can get in touch with them. If anything, maybe they can provide direction towards a pattern or a fabric they used so we can get close :)

I made my own pattern for the skirt. If you have any basic knowledge of sewing it should be quite simple, it's just a two seamed bias cut. I went with a wool crepe suiting for my skirt because it seemed closest to the screen used pieces. It draped really nicely and is very comfortable. I made the tank top as well since everything I was seeing had an incorrect back or was too bright of a lavender. It took a few dye baths to reach the right shade but I finally got that nice pale grayish lavender. I haven't finished the blouse yet, but I plan on using a lightweight peach skin. I'll let everyone know how that goes. Hopefully when everything is complete I'll be able to get some pictures up.

I have t been able to find a social media account of theirs. I found a costumes union that might be able to help. I was wondering if they were custom pieces as well. Her skirt looks like a bias cut blue skirt I own from XXI. It's super simple and only like 2 pieces. The tank looks EXACTLY like the ones form XXI as well. I would think they wouldn't wanna buy 20 designer garments only to destroy them lol. I'll try and see if I can get in touch with them. If anything, maybe they can provide direction towards a pattern or a fabric they used so we can get close :)
If you do, please let us know what they say! I have been looking for ways to contact them as well but so far, nothing.

Hi all! I just want to say thank you so much for compiling this post as I referred to it time and time again to construct my claire costume for dragon con this year. And I wanted to send over a couple pics of the final product!

claire1.jpgThis is the full outfit that I have and was the day I finished it
claire2.jpgAnd here is the version I wore to con (it was hot lol) with my friend who dressed as Owen

The wig isn't the color I'd like, but I will probably continue to search for a more perfect one. And I do need to get the jewelry still, it just wasn't as important to me this time around.

But I wouldn't have done any of it without this thread, so again, thank you!!

So after seeing the post about the top at H&M that someone found, I decided to do a little searching for myself in preparation for LBCC this weekend. I hit the jackpot! The first spot I stopped at was Charming Charlies. I tried to find the belt that was posted here as a good alternate for Clair'es belt but unfortunately the clerk said it is completely sold out both online and in stores. There was, however, a white belt that works and was on sale for $4.99! I also lucked out and found some rings that can be altered to look like Claire's rings. I also purchased the bar necklace that someone recommended here as well. Total for all came to $32 so not too bad.
IMG_2239[1].JPG IMG_2242[1].JPGIMG_2241[1].JPGIMG_2240[1].JPG

In the movie it appears that Claire is wearing a gold bar necklace and not a rose gold necklace. Wasn't sure so I purchased both. What are people wearing for that? Gold or rose gold necklace?

I hit the jackpot at H&M. I found a pretty much identical top to Claire's in the business section. It is sheer like hers, has the invisible buttons and same neckline. I am posting a pic of the tag as well in case anyone is looking for it. Next to the blouse was a matching blazer and was close enough for me so I purchased that as well.
IMG_2236[1].JPG IMG_2237[1].JPG IMG_2238[1].JPG IMG_2244[1].jpg

I'm excited to put the look together for this weekend. :)

LeiaAurora, I've gone with gold jewelry myself rather than rose gold. After seeing the movie seven times I do agree that it appears to be rose gold in certain scenes, however, it was filmed through a massive number of colored lenses which can really alter the perceived color of costumes and accessories. As someone mentioned before, the blouse looks a touch gray in some scenes and that's also an effect of the colored lenses. Judging as best I can from scenes that seem to have the most natural lighting, I chose to go with gold jewelry. But the pieces are definitely Jennifer Meyer, and they come in both rose gold and gold for anyone who cares to buy the actual items. I myself made replica pieces of the necklace, rings, and bracelet. I happened to have nearly identical earrings, and the watch was a found item. Hopefully I'll complete the blouse soon and get some pictures up of the replicated garments and jewelry. Looks like everyone's doing a lovely job thus far, keep up the good work! :D

Long Beach Comic Con was last weekend and I was able to wear Claire 2.0 (as I call it) and I was very happy with the results. A bunch of my friends dress up as ACU guys so we had fun taking some shots in character. I cannot recommend enough the button up top I got at H&M and the blazer. It worked perfectly!HOWEVER, after wearing the Charming Charlie's necklace all day, I discovered upon removal that the color had vanished off the pendant. Yes it was only $8 but still. :behave
IMG_2727[1].JPGIMG_2737[1].JPGIMG_2805[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2720[1].JPG
    IMG_2720[1].JPG
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 215
Hi! I been visiting here, while working on my Claire costume and it been a great help! I just thought I might mention a another wig that could work for Claire: The Arda wigs Inigo in Warm Light brown. If your not afraid of giving it a slight hair cut, I think it could really work well for any version of Claire, because you can style it straight or add the waves/ curls. So you get some versatility. I was thinking of doing this.

Hi! I been visiting here, while working on my Claire costume and it been a great help! I just thought I might mention a another wig that could work for Claire: The Arda wigs Inigo in Warm Light brown. If your not afraid of giving it a slight hair cut, I think it could really work well for any version of Claire, because you can style it straight or add the waves/ curls. So you get some versatility. I was thinking of doing this.

Yeah, that's the one I've been thinking of ordering. The pumpkin colour is just TOO orange, warm light brown seems the closest. Shame they don't do the Katinka one in that colour, it would be perfect for her straight hair.

Yeah, that's the one I've been thinking of ordering. The pumpkin colour is just TOO orange, warm light brown seems the closest. Shame they don't do the Katinka one in that colour, it would be perfect for her straight hair.

I was looking at the Arda Greta wig in Dark Copper Red for the bedraggled Claire. I like the idea of attending a con three days in a row and each day getting worse for wear. I just may do that for Comikaze! Anyone else have the Greta wig?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Hi guys! I got the Arda Inigo wig in warm light brown, and I'm currently working on styling it for Claire, but I stumbled across another wig on the internet that with a slight trim and styling could work great for Claire: http://www.gothiclolitawigs.com/col...daily-doll-collection-honey-caramel-brown-mix

It costs $38.95. The color looks like a good match. Hope this helps.

(I'll be sure post pics of the Arda Inigo wig when I'm done!)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back