JURASSIC WORLD - Claire Dearing Costume Thread

Someone at Comic Con this year had actually made the belt. She said it actually wasn't that difficult. Not sure if anyone wants to attempt it.

Yes, I'll be making mine, for the sake of accuracy. As long as you have an industrial/leather sewing machine it's no problem. If you're neat with your hand sewing you could even do it by hand with vinyl.

Just curious if anyone's come across a really great blouse yet? I cannot seem to find any without pockets that have the correct hem line and hidden button placket. It's been driving me a bit mad, but honestly I'm just being lazy because I don't want to make a replica.:lol

has anyone found a decent looking blouse? i have been searching everywhere and just cant seem to find one that is even close to accurate (without spending a crazy amount of money for one)

Well, it looks as if I'll be making my blouse as well as my skirt. The sizing of a lot of the close juniors blouses just isn't working for me, as I'm quite tall with a long torso/arms and have a bigger bust. So off to make some patterns I suppose. I've got a few yards of a nice white peach skin just laying around that should drape nicely. As things progress I may come across some tips or shortcuts for anyone else going this route.

I actually went out shopping yesterday and went to Myer (Australian store) and found a blouse that is pretty much near perfect for this cosplay. Its called Tokito City - Easy Work Shirt it was $60 but it was marked wrong in the store so they gave it to me for $28.

Nice find, KatCorliss. That shirt really is nearly perfect. It's quite a shame they don't offer international delivery because I'd certainly buy one and save myself some trouble.

I was reading through this thread and noticed that no one had mentioned this skirt yet: http://www.theoutnet.com/en-AU/product/Iris-and-Ink/Rachelle-crepe-midi-skirt/571050
claire skirt product.png

I bought it myself a while ago to wear to a formal event (but didn't end up doing so), and I thought it looked reasonably similar to the one Claire wears in the film. It's made of an ivory crepe material, and has a white polyester/satin lining that stops about 2-3cm short of the hemline.

claire skirt flat.pngclaire skirt mannequin.png

The flat images and the ones on the mannequin were taken just now with a tank top I had in my closet, and the one lying flat with the different top was taken back when I first received the skirt.

Hi everyone! Thanks for sharing all these helpful information. I myself am still trying to hunt down the shoes in my size. They're getting kind of hard to find.

I found a great shirt at H&M last week that will work for Claire's blouse. I don't think it's in the website so you have to go to the store. I found it with those work clothes/work blazers. It has hidden buttons, correct type of collar, correct sleeves and cuffs, as well as the correct hem. Two inaccuracies: t doesn't have the side bust darts and the fabric is not as opaque as Claire's blouse. I'll look into posting a picture after I get off work. I hope that helps!

I just went to a thrift store and bought a shirt close. However I cosplay as roughed-up Claire. I wish I could post pics! Even ran around the con with "margarita guy"!

Best I could do for a link (I'm in my iPhone)

Skirt tank and top were thrifted. Wig is from an eBay seller. Shoes are screen accurate. Thanks for all the help and info! I'm gonna now try to build a nice SA one :)

https://www.facebook.com/AVXCosplay/timeline/story?ut=43&wstart=0&wend=1441090799&hash=6420669211204969647&pagefilter=3

Last edited:
I knew I'd seen a better cap somewhere. This is after the injured ACU guy tells Claire to drive off with the boys in the back of the truck. Back section is clearly visible on both shoes.

View attachment 507022 View attachment 507023

I think different shoes were worn for some stunts, though, because close examination has yielded these caps and the shoes look completely different. While I'm convinced that the shoes she's wearing in the helicopter are Sam Edelman's (albeit probably with an added reinforcement on the sole), in the scene around the aviary, they're different shoes.

View attachment 507024 View attachment 507025 View attachment 507026 View attachment 507027

In the scenes in the lab and outside, it looks as though straps have been added, perhaps to make running in them easier.
View attachment 507028 View attachment 507036

I'll bet the stunt shoes also had wider heels, since stilettos would sink into the ground. Maybe they used some sort of modified boot?

I know I mentioned earlier that I'm making my own skirt. So I started making a mini tutorial to post here on my process, hoping to maybe help somebody out. But then I stumbled upon this lovely and simple tutorial on a blog that is much more concise than what I had been putting together. Ha-ha! So here is a link. http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2008/07/5-minute-skirt.html
This skirt should be very simple to make (and quite accurate actually) for beginner sewers and even those of you who may not have made any garments before. This may also be a less expensive option than buying an accurate designer skirt. And if you're smart in your fabric selection you can even make it washable, while most accurate store bought skirts will likely be dry clean only. I hope this is helpful to somebody. :D

Just saw the movie again in IMAX 110% the shoes are Sam Edelman every time they do a shot of her feet but I still feel they're a suede instead of patent. BTW her shoes have a lot of screen time lol.
I think her shirt may also be a bit gray. It doesn't seem to be *as* white as her other clothes.

You may be able to get in contact with them via social media. At this point though they may not remember a lot of the specifics. However, after examining some of the screen worn pieces of one of Claire's costumes, I have a really hard time believing that they are designer pieces at all. This seems most obvious to me in the skirt's hem which is very badly executed, and some of the blouse's seams are also quite poorly done. There are very few design houses that would allow garments of this quality to reach filming. As a professional costumer myself, what I think is most likely is that several designer garments were used as inspiration and then custom pieces were made (this was also done for several other costumes in this movie). It also seems particularly likely because of the sheer number of duplicate pieces needed. Flaws like those visible on the screen used pieces are rarely visible on film, especially after editing, but would never be present on a bought garment provided by a company. That's just my opinion based on work experience, use it as you will. But if they remember what was used as inspiration you may very well be able to find something quite close.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back