JURASSIC WORLD - Claire Dearing Costume Thread

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by firefly827347, Jun 19, 2015.

1. firefly827347

firefly827347 Active Member

I'm sad to see no one else has started this! I thought Bryce Dallas Howard was badass as Claire in Jurassic World. I'm looking to find screen accurate pieces for my own curiosity but I'll be building on a budget, so will also be posting cheaper alternatives where I can.

Bryce wears pretty much the same outfit all the way through the film. Nude heels, a white skirt, a white blouse, a white jacket (not worn through the whole film), a lavender tank top worn under the blouse and a white stretch belt that is discarded part of the way through the film. She also wears a rose gold bar necklace, a rose gold ring on her index finger, a rose gold bracelet and a rose gold watch.

Beth.jpg View attachment ZORtfeh.jpg still008.jpg jurassic.jpg 4f28187d-af94-46c3-a5f6-d6a04806c253-2060x1236.jpeg sg2tT54.jpg

As far as I can tell, the only things that seems to have been definitively ID'd online are her shoes and her necklace.

SHOES - FOUND ITEM

They are Sam Edelman "Camdyn" in Nude. I have a pair on order from eBay that I can post photos of when they arrive, but for now here's a comparison with online photos.

3k7q1zB.jpg Jurassic-World1.jpg 1390580868-29538100.jpg camdynclassicnude-4.jpg

NECKLACE - FOUND ITEM

Jennifer Meyer Rose Gold Layering Stick Necklace, available here. The website lists it as "18 karat rose gold. A thin stick that measures 1" across and is on a 16" 14 karat gold chain." At $500 it's a little out of my price range at the moment so I'm looking into alternatives.

necklace.jpg

BRACELET & RINGS - FOUND ITEMS

On a hunch, given the necklace was Jennifer Meyer, I looked through her other stuff and I've ID'd the bracelet and rings.

jewellery1.png jewellery2.png
    501840178_product_1.jpg 72389443.jpg 87977271.jpg

Jennifer Meyer Bar Bracelet in Rose Gold, rose gold Bar Ring and Circle Ring.

Tank top

The closest I've found so far is either this from Forever 21 in Lavender (left), or Hanro 'Touch Feeling' in Shadow Purple from Nordstrom.

forever21.jpg hanrosofttouch.jpg

I'm still working on IDing the rest :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    DinoBritt and CynicalMormon like this.
  2. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

Looking around I found this site about her blazer.
    It links to a George Women's Ponte Jacket sold by Walmart.
    Claire_white_blazer.jpg
    It looks fairly accurate but the material doesn't seem that great. Somehow I doubt Claire Dearing would be shopping at Walmart for her blazers.
    I'll keep looking.

3. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

Just found this blazer
    61P2bVuW8iL._UL1500_.jpg 61yfnovah6L._UL1500_.jpg
    Looks like it's a much higher quality than the first one.
    I'm looking into the belt as well to see if I can track anything down.

Update: After looking at some pics of the blazer I noticed that it has a very thin lapel.
    claireblazer.jpg
    Also here's the best picture I can find of the belt:
    clairebelt.jpg
    I thought it was a gold belt but from this shot it looks a bit more copper. IDK the color could just be off due to lighting or something.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  4. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I do believe this is going to be my girlfriend's very first costume for this Halloween. Nice find on the above items! For the necklace we were planning to hit up Earthbound and a few other "tricket" stores that are usually located in shopping malls. I think we'll be able to find a close alternative (or I hope so at least)!

firefly827347 likes this.
  5. firefly827347

I wouldn't trust anything that Spylight says, they suggested that she wore a pair of shoes that were completely the wrong style so I doubt the rest of their suggestions are right!

I have long brown hair so have been looking into wigs to complete the outfit. So far the best I've found is from Arda Wigs - Adam in AR015 Warm Light Brown.
    AR015_BACK_eeee67ec-2940-4b9e-8f12-7f458f6f7891_1024x1024.jpg AR015_FRONT_3365c9ab-6114-480f-a8c8-f5fe61898f41_1024x1024.jpg AR015_SIDE_21b0ad0e-a467-4c90-9cc8-5fa0becc4867_1024x1024.jpg
    On the same site there's also Katinka which is a bit longer at the front and comes in Pumpkin AR011 which is a bit more vivid than Claire's hair, and I'm pondering the Jane wig in Warm Light Brown because Bryce's hair was a bit messier and curlier towards the end of the film.

AR011_SIDE_a1dcaf45-3e80-43e3-a6c0-d8a6363e81b9_1024x1024.jpg AR011_FRONT_bd49bb75-5b60-4541-b70a-0ab0a4e0bf27_1024x1024.jpg AR011_BACK_ba9532d2-e36f-46ea-bcb5-87032d7cb409_1024x1024.jpg DSC_0231_1024x1024.jpg DSC_0230_1024x1024.jpg DSC_0232_1024x1024.jpg
    I'm completely new to the world of wigs so if anyone has any alternative suggestions (preferably UK based or with UK delivery) please post them!

Also here are some photos someone kind (I'm sorry, I forget who!) posted on the Owen Grady thread. Might help ID the jacket? (Apologies if they've uploaded sideways, my computer is being weird)

uploadfromtaptalk1434733317099.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1434733330948.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1434733343443.jpg

As for the belt, I haven't been able to ID an exact one yet but I've found one that could do as a cheap alternative on Amazon.

51vkZ4crbEL._UL1500_.jpg

6. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I think this wig looks really good! I do like the more wavy hair she has towards the end of the film; however I think my girlfriend may want to do the clean version of this outfit, so this would be perfect for that.

Your included reference pictures of the costume are just fine if you open the file then click the image so it opens in a separate page by the way! :)

7. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

I agree with Jodo on the second wig option. Also, good work on finding a belt that's close and the jewelry. I have a feeling that the blazer was custom made for the shoot and matching that narrow lapel has been tough. Anyone have contact with any of the costume people to confirm or deny this?
    If anyone throws something together I'd be interested in what they went with.

8. benjgi

benjgi New Member

9. firefly827347

10. wonderfullylost

wonderfullylost New Member

11. Periwinkle

Periwinkle New Member

When I saw Claire's blazer, my first thought was "It looks very Helmut Lang". I did some googling and found this blazer, which would look exactly like the one used in the movie, if it weren't for the ruched sleeves
    10601292_2981638_1000.jpg

firefly827347 and CynicalMormon like this.
  12. stevenentabita

stevenentabita New Member

Looks great already! Would love to see the full costume when finised :)

13. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

Oooo! Nice find. Thanks!

14. firefly827347

I think you might be onto something there! The collar is spot on. Thanks!

15. TheMostHappy

TheMostHappy New Member

16. dipti

dipti Jr Member

Claire's costumes were great in movie although she was wearing same kind of costumes. Her blazer was really cool.

17. firefly827347

18. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

Just in case anyone wants to go for the COMPLETE package Claire costume...

19. LeiaAurora

LeiaAurora New Member

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone for posting in this thread! I am putting together a Claire cosplay for SDCC and all the information on this particular thread has been tremendously helpful! I have a few things to recommend for anyone else cosplaying as Claire.

Wig. The wig was hard for me as well but I had a lucky find at a local beauty supply store and I think I got it right! The wig is by Sepia and is called Party Page. I spoke with some people at a location that actually had the color in stock and they referenced it with pictures of Claire and said the color 130 is the closest in color. In case anyone is interested, here is a pic of the wig. http://www.mountainbeautysupply.com/prod_img/_1404835722.gif

I was recently at Foreign Exchange and found a sheer white button down shirt for only $21 and bought that. http://www.feclothing.com/button-down-shirt.html

The lavender tank I found at H&M. http://www.hm.com/us/product/30283?article=30283-J#article=30283-K

I ordered a white skirt from Coolibar that is very close to what she wears. http://www.coolibar.com/product/ZnO-High-Tide-Skirt/156297.uts?keyword=skirt

The shoes, of course, were from Ebay and I ordered an ID badge from a seller on Etsy.
    IMG_5866[1].JPG

Please keep in mind that the wig I am wearing in the above shot is NOT the correct color, the 130. This is the Party Page wig in a light brown color, #14. I will be receiving the correct color either today or tomorrow.

Lastly, what is Claire without her T-Rex? I purchased this little guy to carry around with me. http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-Plush/dp/B00XM3B6IM

I'm debating on making a fake flare to carry as well but it really depends on time.

My necklace I located at Michael's for $.49. It may not be rose gold but it is a bar necklace and can't beat the price!

Periwinkle and firefly827347 like this.
  20. firefly827347

My shoes arrived and they're actually really comfy, I can understand how she managed to run in them!

21. LeiaAurora

LeiaAurora New Member

The Edelman shoes are super comfortable and versatile! What a great shoe. Thanks Ebay! $59 is a steal for these shoes. :D 11140371_10153425742402171_787964719934776012_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The rose gold bracelet from Light Years has been restocked! Only $19.95 with shipping included. FYI.

22. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

Awesome scores ladies!!!

23. firefly827347

I had a fiddle around on Photoshop last night and made an ID badge for Claire as accurately as I could (using some of one already done by TB-7021 on here) and this is what I came up with for the front and back, in case anyone wants to use it.

ClaireDearingID.png

24. TheMostHappy

TheMostHappy New Member

Periwinkle likes this.
  25. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

Just in case any of you are like myself and absolutely have to have accurate makeup to go with your costume, Essie "Sugar Daddy" nail lacquer is a dead ringer for the very sheer pale pink polish that Claire seems to be wearing. My skin tone is quite like hers and this polish ended up being just right. In addition to that, Ulta brand cosmetics has a lip color called "Totally Berried" (number 247 according to the bottom of the tube) that is nearly identical to Claire's shade. It's a very nice rosy berry shade with hints of copper shimmer. Both items are under ten dollars. Hopefully this is helpful to someone looking for these kind of minute details to add the finishing touches to their costume. :)

26. TB-7021

TB-7021 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice work! Here job title should be Senior Assets Manager (found it on the website of Masrani Global).

27. firefly827347

Thanks, I'm sure I found the Operations Manager job title on something but I can't find it now. I'll change it.

EDIT: Using the promo poster of Claire and the Indominus, I've come up with this.

3k7q1zB.jpg ClaireDearingID.png

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  28. LeiaAurora

LeiaAurora New Member

I contacted the makeup artist who did Bryce's makeup for the film. She used very expensive products that were far out of my budget but I thought I would post here in case anyone has the spare cash lying around.

Giorgio Armani Mastro foundation 5.5 & Cle' dePeau Beaute' Cream Foundation in BF20 Light Buff
    Concealer - Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum Color Conrtol Radiance Elixir in Immaculate Light
    Blush- Becca Blotting Perfector Tinted
    Eye shadow - Le Maquillage Professionnel Fard Creme Palette 6-color MAP13equisist
    Eye liner - Inglot AMC eyeliner gel in 78 and Tom Ford Noir Absolute for eyes
    Brows - Premiere Products, Inc Skin Illustrator Brow Palette
    Mascara - Dior Diorshow in Catwalk Black
    Strip lashes found in Japanese store
    Lips - Premiere Products, Inc Skin Illustrator Glazing spray in Bruise Red and Hourglass No 28 Lip Treatment Oil, applied on top of glaze.
    Body - Spray on tan with South Seas and Sjolie Sunless.

I was able to recreate her look with cheaper products. In case anyone is interested, I have listed below.

Eyes
    Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette. Apply "Frisk" over entire lid then blend "Cover" into the crease. "Stark" goes on the brow bone. I then used the NYX Dream Catcher palette in "Golden Horizons" and applied the purple color onto my lid with my ring finger. Black liquid liner and mascara to finish the look

Lips
    I applied mark kissink lip tint marker in "Red Siren". Once that had dried I layered Tarte cheek/lipstain over it. Once everything sets, apply a light gloss and your good to go!

The Sepia Party Page wig I ordered in the color 130 came in and is perfect for Claire's hair color. Highly recommend it!

IMG_0461[1].JPG

IMG_0464[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  29. mdb

mdb Sr Member

The photos do suggest it is a ponte though! Just of a higher quality. Or a jersey at least. My draft got eaten so I'll do a small file dump!

I think it's a jersey blazer in ivory/bone (hard to tell tone) with a narrow lapel and short stand up collar, single button, welt pockets, single vent. SOme of those terms may help find it?
    http://suitablyinclined.com/tag/suit-construction/
    http://www.lyst.com/shop/filter/?stock_status=3&view=recommended&q=ponte+jacket You can see the range of prices.
    http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/blazers/Helmut-Lang a few jersey and lots of single buttons. Even one with the same collar.

I'm pretty sure the blouse is a silk crepe georgette cut in the bias and her skirt is definitely a crepe (probably wool) also on the bias.

The textures all help prevent this monochrome scheme not look flat on screen.

30. Underworld54

Underworld54 Well-Known Member

Has it been determined which ID badge is the most screen accurate? I kinda one for my collection.

31. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

The one Firefly posted is probably the most accurate one I've seen. You can go here: Masrani Website and at the bottom make accurate replicas of several of the badges. Claire's isn't one of them but if you have some photoshop skills (or know someone who does) they may be able to modify it.

32. elizasaur

elizasaur New Member

I'm compiling a Claire costume for Halloween/Comikaze, and this has been super helpful!

FYI, H&M is having a clearance sale and I picked up this tank top (light purple) in store for a DOLLAR(!!!). It was marked at $3, but the sales associate double checked. It's slightly less bright in person as well, more of a lilac/lavender color. Unfortunately at my store they only had XS and S, but hopefully other stores have more sizes.

33. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

I recently started drafting the pattern for my skirt for Claire and it struck me that maybe some of you might like to make your own skirts as well, particularly if you can't seem to find anything that's quite right. And I understand that not everyone makes clothes for a living like I do, so making a pattern from scratch isn't an option for everybody. But it just so happened that I stumbled across the Simplicity 2058 pattern, which is for a skirt very similar to Claire's and offers sizing for multiple body types/shapes. While it isn't 100% screen accurate (for example the pattern has princess seaming, while the screen used skirt is bias cut), it would definitely provide a nice shape and silhouette, and isn't a very difficult pattern to work with. So it may be a good alternative for those with basic sewing skills and a desire to make their own Claire skirt.

34. TB-7021

35. Underworld54

Underworld54 Well-Known Member

36. TheMostHappy

TheMostHappy New Member

Those of you that got the SA shoes. Are they true to size? I'm all over the place with shoe sizes sometimes. I range from 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 sometimes even an 8. Stretchy and open shoes I opt for smaller but closed-toe and non stretchy like the patent these seem to be I aim a little higher. Have y'all had fit problems at all?

37. LeiaAurora

LeiaAurora New Member

Great idea! Thanks for the 411.

- - - Updated - - -

I have always worn a size 8 and I got the size 8 and they fit perfectly. I had to break them in before they truly felt comfortable but I would definitely say they fit true to size.

38. firefly827347

Yeah, I'm a UK 6 (US 9) and got that size and they fit like a glove. I've worn them round the house for a few hours to break them in but I agree with LeiaAurora, they fit really well.

39. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

There technically weren't backs designed for the screen-used versions. Or so I've heard.

Underworld54 likes this.
  40. TB-7021

I've found two pictures of the back. On the website, there's a guy standing in front of the visitor centre with his badge backwards. And in the movie, the mosasaurus announcer.

41. firefly827347

42. TheMostHappy

TheMostHappy New Member

Thanks for the input!! Got the 7.5 and they fit PERFECT! Omg. I love them :)

43. Amandine

Amandine New Member

Hi! I've been following the thread and I must says you ladies are AMAZING! Thank you all for the suggestions , tips and eagle eyes! However, I do (rather stupidly!) have a question - what websites do you go to to ID the costume pieces? I would love to help as well, but am a little clueless :( Thank you all again for your amazing, incredible work! I've enjoyed seeing outfits coming together!

44. firefly827347

The shoes and necklace I found by chance just by Googling articles on the Jurassic World costume for Claire. When I found out the brand of necklace, I Googled that and got to a department store-type website, and was able to search the same brand for the other jewellery within that.

Anything else I've ID'd (both on this thread and on other costume threads such as Arsenal from Arrow) it has been hours of Google Image/Amazon/eBay searching, using different combinations of keywords. Usually I do it when I'm watching a movie or programme on tv so I can multitask, but I'm afraid the slow and painful method is how I do it. Others, like the Helmut Lang blazer, have been identified by someone knowing the style of the product - perhaps if they work in the clothing or retail industry, or are just savvy shoppers! Hope that helps.

CynicalMormon likes this.
  45. Amandine

Amandine New Member

46. CynicalMormon

CynicalMormon Member

I've found most of my stuff by googling descriptions of the items (I.e. White blazer narrow lapels", etc., etc.). Firefly is right though, hours of Google and other searches running all combinations and such.

47. JurassicRex

JurassicRex New Member

Hey there! I'm looking to do my first cosplay ever and this thread is incredibly helpful! However, I don't believe the shoes are Sam Edelman. Look at this screen cap... no snakeskin or heel rim

claireshoes.png

48. TheWaitingRoman

TheWaitingRoman Active Member

It's there, you can see the outline for it. The copy of the movie floating around the internet isn't true HD and stuff is muddled with the faint blur that's all over the video. But I can clearly make it out in that screencap.

49. Periwinkle

Periwinkle New Member

I agree with Jurassic Rex. I don't think the shoes are Sam Edelman either. They do look slightly different. Plus, I believe that they are way too cheap to be the ones worn in the movie. I didn't say anything before because the original ones would probably be too pricey for most of us anyway, and the ones posted in this thread seem like an okay alternative.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  50. firefly827347

Jurassic-World1.jpg Jurassic-World1.png

Closeup of an official promo shot - you can clearly see the snakeskin section at the back :)