Ghostbusters Frozen Empire Red Jacket Replication Discussion

CamDogg00

The base jacket has been identified as the Wuxly Sabertooth II and holy crud is that an expensive jacket! If anyone knows of a viable alternative drop it in the thread.

Looking to build the new cold weather uniforms seen in the GB Frozen Empire trailer that released yesterday. We are discussing alternatives to the base jacket and any other part identification is more than welcome.

Features of note:
-Red jacket 3/4 length
-zippered closure
-chest, mid and hip pockets (six total)
-light to medium weight(collar and sleeve look just a bit thicker than the jumpsuits)
-black trim bars on the chest and an extra on the mid right front
-no hood
-double snap closure high collar (collar seen as just a bit shorter than the popped collar of the jumpsuit)
-possible black belt

Added features:
- removed the shoulder straps from original jacket
- 2 brass swivel snap hooks with D ring attachment point on right breast AND above left hip pocket
-cold white LEDs in a square pattern on left mid (can only see 7 in shot but scrubbing through the trailer you can see it on the Trevor Spengler's jacket more clearly 5 per edge doing a rotating pixel off pattern clockwise)
-noghost patch (appears to be a black and white version to allow contrast on the red jacket)

Lore note: The lights imply the jacket has integrated tech and heating which would explain the light weight and allow them to maintain dexterity and mobility with the packs.

I have scoured Google for about an hour and broken it with too many details or too few.

Found one at Walmart with some printing on the left chest that had a removable hood. But I don't think that's it. Also looked at the Landsend Squall jacket but there are reflective stripes on the forearms that disqualified it.

Looking forward to seeing what others come up with!

Attachments

• Screenshot-2023-11-08-at-11.02.37-AM-e1699459386193.png
    Screenshot-2023-11-08-at-11.02.37-AM-e1699459386193.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 649
Last edited:
Just scrubbed through the trailer and found that the LEDs are in a square ish pattern with five pixels per side and it has a clockwise rotating off pixel animation. Could be another pixel off that is on the opposite side traveling same direction.

Also noticed they added another brass swivel snap hook above the lower left pocket.

I'll update the thread title to reflect the transition of the discussion to making the coat and identifying the extras.

I looked up the materials it's made from waterproof polyester and lined with nylon.

I will be looking into patterns and possibly making this from scratch. There is no way I can justify making this from an almost $2k coat and I'm not sure I can color match a base coat with added materials bought elsewhere.

If anyone has access to this Wuxly jacket I would love to see photos with a scale in it so I can derive the measurements.

The base jacket has been identified as the Wuxly Sabertooth II and holy crud is that an expensive jacket! If anyone knows of a viable alternative drop it in the thread.

Looking to build the new cold weather uniforms seen in the GB Frozen Empire trailer that released yesterday. We are discussing alternatives to the base jacket and any other part identification is more than welcome.

Features of note:
-Red jacket 3/4 length
-zippered closure
-chest, mid and hip pockets (six total)
-light to medium weight(collar and sleeve look just a bit thicker than the jumpsuits)
-black trim bars on the chest and an extra on the mid right front
-no hood
-double snap closure high collar (collar seen as just a bit shorter than the popped collar of the jumpsuit)
-possible black belt

Added features:
- removed the shoulder straps from original jacket
- 2 brass swivel snap hooks with D ring attachment point on right breast AND above left hip pocket
-cold white LEDs in a square pattern on left mid (can only see 7 in shot but scrubbing through the trailer you can see it on the Trevor Spengler's jacket more clearly 5 per edge doing a rotating pixel off pattern clockwise)
-noghost patch (appears to be a black and white version to allow contrast on the red jacket)

Lore note: The lights imply the jacket has integrated tech and heating which would explain the light weight and allow them to maintain dexterity and mobility with the packs.

I have scoured Google for about an hour and broken it with too many details or too few.

Found one at Walmart with some printing on the left chest that had a removable hood. But I don't think that's it. Also looked at the Landsend Squall jacket but there are reflective stripes on the forearms that disqualified it.

Looking forward to seeing what others come up with!
It has a black belt also. Stock to jacket or added? It has a loop on the jacket holding it.

Pocket on right arm but none on the left arm (could have been removed from the left)

Also could be only 4 pockets on the front not 6. Deeper top ones. Maybe?

Found this image that was a lot clearer to see.

IMG_1390.jpeg

Last edited:
It
It has a black belt also. Stock to jacket or added? It has a loop on the jacket holding it.

Pocket on right arm but none on the left arm (could have been removed from the left)

Also could be only 4 pockets on the front not 6. Deeper top ones. Maybe?

Found this image that was a lot clearer to see.

View attachment 1760469
Looks like the belt is added.. they must have used the material recovered from the removal of the hood to make the loops.I need to double check the pockets you can't see the left of the body mid area on any of them so maybe?

Still looking for an alternative to the Wuxly Sabertooth II which has been identified as the base coat.

If someone has a recommendation for making patterns I'm all ears. Was even thinking of ordering the jacket and returning it just to get all the measurements. I'm in the US so I can't get a line on a local outfitter where I could just take pictures with a size reference.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back