JURASSIC WORLD - Claire Dearing Costume Thread

The Edelman shoes are super comfortable and versatile! What a great shoe. Thanks Ebay! $59 is a steal for these shoes. :D 11140371_10153425742402171_787964719934776012_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The rose gold bracelet from Light Years has been restocked! Only $19.95 with shipping included. FYI.

I had a fiddle around on Photoshop last night and made an ID badge for Claire as accurately as I could (using some of one already done by TB-7021 on here) and this is what I came up with for the front and back, in case anyone wants to use it.

ClaireDearingID.png

Just in case any of you are like myself and absolutely have to have accurate makeup to go with your costume, Essie "Sugar Daddy" nail lacquer is a dead ringer for the very sheer pale pink polish that Claire seems to be wearing. My skin tone is quite like hers and this polish ended up being just right. In addition to that, Ulta brand cosmetics has a lip color called "Totally Berried" (number 247 according to the bottom of the tube) that is nearly identical to Claire's shade. It's a very nice rosy berry shade with hints of copper shimmer. Both items are under ten dollars. Hopefully this is helpful to someone looking for these kind of minute details to add the finishing touches to their costume. :)

I had a fiddle around on Photoshop last night and made an ID badge for Claire as accurately as I could (using some of one already done by TB-7021 on here) and this is what I came up with for the front and back, in case anyone wants to use it.

Nice work! Here job title should be Senior Assets Manager (found it on the website of Masrani Global).

Nice work! Here job title should be Senior Assets Manager (found it on the website of Masrani Global).

Thanks, I'm sure I found the Operations Manager job title on something but I can't find it now. I'll change it.

EDIT: Using the promo poster of Claire and the Indominus, I've come up with this.

3k7q1zB.jpg ClaireDearingID.png

Last edited:
I contacted the makeup artist who did Bryce's makeup for the film. She used very expensive products that were far out of my budget but I thought I would post here in case anyone has the spare cash lying around.

Giorgio Armani Mastro foundation 5.5 & Cle' dePeau Beaute' Cream Foundation in BF20 Light Buff
Concealer - Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum Color Conrtol Radiance Elixir in Immaculate Light
Blush- Becca Blotting Perfector Tinted
Eye shadow - Le Maquillage Professionnel Fard Creme Palette 6-color MAP13equisist
Eye liner - Inglot AMC eyeliner gel in 78 and Tom Ford Noir Absolute for eyes
Brows - Premiere Products, Inc Skin Illustrator Brow Palette
Mascara - Dior Diorshow in Catwalk Black
Strip lashes found in Japanese store
Lips - Premiere Products, Inc Skin Illustrator Glazing spray in Bruise Red and Hourglass No 28 Lip Treatment Oil, applied on top of glaze.
Body - Spray on tan with South Seas and Sjolie Sunless.

I was able to recreate her look with cheaper products. In case anyone is interested, I have listed below.

Eyes
Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette. Apply "Frisk" over entire lid then blend "Cover" into the crease. "Stark" goes on the brow bone. I then used the NYX Dream Catcher palette in "Golden Horizons" and applied the purple color onto my lid with my ring finger. Black liquid liner and mascara to finish the look

Lips
I applied mark kissink lip tint marker in "Red Siren". Once that had dried I layered Tarte cheek/lipstain over it. Once everything sets, apply a light gloss and your good to go!

The Sepia Party Page wig I ordered in the color 130 came in and is perfect for Claire's hair color. Highly recommend it!

IMG_0461[1].JPG

IMG_0464[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust anything that Spylight says, they suggested that she wore a pair of shoes that were completely the wrong style so I doubt the rest of their suggestions are right! But funnily enough when I did a search for stretch wool blazers Helmut Lang came up so it may well be

Also here are some photos someone kind (I'm sorry, I forget who!) posted on the Owen Grady thread. Might help ID the jacket? (Apologies if they've uploaded sideways, my computer is being weird)

View attachment 491504 View attachment 491505 View attachment 491506

The photos do suggest it is a ponte though! Just of a higher quality. Or a jersey at least. My draft got eaten so I'll do a small file dump!

I think it's a jersey blazer in ivory/bone (hard to tell tone) with a narrow lapel and short stand up collar, single button, welt pockets, single vent. SOme of those terms may help find it?
http://suitablyinclined.com/tag/suit-construction/
http://www.lyst.com/shop/filter/?stock_status=3&view=recommended&q=ponte+jacket You can see the range of prices.
http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/blazers/Helmut-Lang a few jersey and lots of single buttons. Even one with the same collar.

I'm pretty sure the blouse is a silk crepe georgette cut in the bias and her skirt is definitely a crepe (probably wool) also on the bias.

The textures all help prevent this monochrome scheme not look flat on screen.

The one Firefly posted is probably the most accurate one I've seen. You can go here: Masrani Website and at the bottom make accurate replicas of several of the badges. Claire's isn't one of them but if you have some photoshop skills (or know someone who does) they may be able to modify it.

I'm compiling a Claire costume for Halloween/Comikaze, and this has been super helpful!

FYI, H&M is having a clearance sale and I picked up this tank top (light purple) in store for a DOLLAR(!!!). It was marked at $3, but the sales associate double checked. It's slightly less bright in person as well, more of a lilac/lavender color. Unfortunately at my store they only had XS and S, but hopefully other stores have more sizes.

I recently started drafting the pattern for my skirt for Claire and it struck me that maybe some of you might like to make your own skirts as well, particularly if you can't seem to find anything that's quite right. And I understand that not everyone makes clothes for a living like I do, so making a pattern from scratch isn't an option for everybody. But it just so happened that I stumbled across the Simplicity 2058 pattern, which is for a skirt very similar to Claire's and offers sizing for multiple body types/shapes. While it isn't 100% screen accurate (for example the pattern has princess seaming, while the screen used skirt is bias cut), it would definitely provide a nice shape and silhouette, and isn't a very difficult pattern to work with. So it may be a good alternative for those with basic sewing skills and a desire to make their own Claire skirt.

Those of you that got the SA shoes. Are they true to size? I'm all over the place with shoe sizes sometimes. I range from 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 sometimes even an 8. Stretchy and open shoes I opt for smaller but closed-toe and non stretchy like the patent these seem to be I aim a little higher. Have y'all had fit problems at all?

Great idea! Thanks for the 411.

- - - Updated - - -

Those of you that got the SA shoes. Are they true to size? I'm all over the place with shoe sizes sometimes. I range from 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 sometimes even an 8. Stretchy and open shoes I opt for smaller but closed-toe and non stretchy like the patent these seem to be I aim a little higher. Have y'all had fit problems at all?

I have always worn a size 8 and I got the size 8 and they fit perfectly. I had to break them in before they truly felt comfortable but I would definitely say they fit true to size.

Yeah, I'm a UK 6 (US 9) and got that size and they fit like a glove. I've worn them round the house for a few hours to break them in but I agree with LeiaAurora, they fit really well.

I've found two pictures of the back. On the website, there's a guy standing in front of the visitor centre with his badge backwards. And in the movie, the mosasaurus announcer.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back