JFcustom's FOAM files

I would like to thank you for this board and content. A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon this thread and desided to try and make a helmet. First one in paper and that turned out fine, so I did one in metal to learn myself the art of welding and metalworking. Very fun project.

First I was going to sand it smooth and paint, but I like the raw look so I burned it with flames and polished it with copperpaste and burned it again. Now it reminds me of an ancient knight or gladiator helmet. So I'm thinking of doing some armor too. What you guys think would be most nice? Knight or gladiator.

Thank again for showing this new world to me :)
IMG_20181227_220542_996.jpg
IMG_20181227_220542_959.jpg

Oh. thank you George. That looks amazing.

I was thinking to do a more traditional medieval armor. At least some parts, like shoulders, gauntlets och shins.
These foam files here seems to be perfect for metal too. Is there any gauntlet-templates for foam? Maby some lord of the rings Nasgul? Shins and shoulders/lower arm I think i can just wing it.

Oh. thank you George. That looks amazing.

I was thinking to do a more traditional medieval armor. At least some parts, like shoulders, gauntlets och shins.
These foam files here seems to be perfect for metal too. Is there any gauntlet-templates for foam? Maby some lord of the rings Nasgul? Shins and shoulders/lower arm I think i can just wing it.

Give this thread a shot:
Lord of the Rings - Witch King Gauntlet Templates

Hey all, this is a great thread and I've been skimming as best I can over 169 pages... ;)

My 11 year old is excited about trying to build a suit of Iron Man armor, but I noticed the suggestion in the first post of this thread to try a Captain America helmet as a first try. Unfortunately the link appears to be broken. Can anyone point me towards the file?

Edit - Nevermind, found it: Captain America's helmet -> speed-peping foam file.

Last edited:
Docmani A simplified Iron Man helmet such as on the first page made from cardstock or paper shouldn't be too hard to make.JfCustom removed all details and excess pieces from the original design to create easy builds that are less time consuming

Hey guys, I'm a little worried with the Vanquish Files, I downloaded and tried to extract normally and with my 7zip program but it keeps telling me acces denied. So I can't even hit sizing and printing for the project, any ideas to fix this??

I'm in a panic and need some help. I've got to build a Warhammer 40k space marine armor for an event in August. looking for patterns that are for EVA and came across this page. However... The link to the pattern doesn't work. Does someone have the pattern they can send me or a link that works? I've committed to this event and I need to begin work ASAP. Can someone please help me?

Hi, can anyone tell me what program I need to open spacemarine - foam unfold JFcustom.rar

WinRar or WinZip should get you started.

OK, so I've got it worked out. Should I cut those shapes with or without the tabs? And what's the scale?
Tabs are for cardstock/fibreglass builds; foam builds do not require tabs.
You should always scale armor pieces to your own dimensions.Take those first and write them down for every future project

Working on the space marine build. I'm new to using papakura files for use with EVA foam. Any tips apart from not including tabs? Also, how can I tell what the existing scale is and how to resize? Using papakura viewer and converting it to PDF. I've built a number of armors but have always hand made my own templates. Not doing a giant space marine build like the kind with stilts, maybe some platforms in the feet that are a few inches tall as I am 5'9" and my buddy who i am doing another one for is 6' tall. I thought I read somewhere that the pattern was made for a 6' guy, but I wasn't sure if that was 6' with or without any sort of stilts.

Darkforge You can figure out the standard set size by downloading the Space Marine files from page one and opening them in pepakura,then read the values.Resizing is done in the 2d menu on the top menu bar.
Also: can you be more specific on what tips you need?

hello im new to all this ...im using pepakura 4 program and can not seem to get the space marine file to open in it ..saying file format not supported? am I doing something wrong when I open the file it is in note pad?? it that my problem any help would be greatly apprenticed. I would love to make this suit!!!!!!

Last edited:
Building classic Iron Man aka comic Iron Man '68-'85 for Halloween. I've JFcustoms files from here, but am hopeful there is a foam vs. paper version available please?

I'm building the rest from scratch in my own way; here's my first run at the stomach wrap & upper torso, which I intend to have glide over each other with a couple of elastic connections at the sides & middle. 2nd run for the weekend will have the new stomach wrap curl in at the top, and the upper torso flare out slightly more at the bottom all the way around (plus 1/2" more space in front of arms cut away, as well as below).

I've used Evil Ted's technique of angle cutting joints for the middle muscle effect, and back-cutting + heat + working + hot glue after for the rest of Iron Man's 4-pack of abs.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_7284.JPG
    IMG_7284.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 408
Hi Marthony,

looks awesome so far.What did you mean by foam vs. paper files? What exactly do you need that isn't in the JfCustom files?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back