I saw a pic from the Haynes manual showing lighting positions, do you know if it is accurate? I wondered if it was taken from the MR model.
I'm going to do a real simple light rig, nothing clever but still need to know where :)

I saw a pic from the Haynes manual showing lighting positions, do you know if it is accurate? I wondered if it was taken from the MR model.
I'm going to do a real simple light rig, nothing clever but still need to know where :)

Are you referring to all the landing lights in the Haynes manual? I believe those are a direct reference for the full size MF from ESB. The master replica just has cockpit, engine, and head lights. I'm probably just going to keep it simple, but use fibers for the cockpit lighting unlike the MR which is back lit with a semi transparent cockpit interior. I'm debating adding a few red landing lights.

Hey All- Just got my Shapeways print of the Console in. To me, it looks pretty good. I didn’t get the extra detailed print but I still like what I got. It should be easy to use with lighting since it is basically clear. At this point, I’m almost wanting to go ahead and get the Cabin Walls as well. So if I did the upload correctly you should be able to get a good idea for yourself.

Attachments

• 20141110_143848_zpsfuauxhml.jpg
    20141110_143848_zpsfuauxhml.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 679
  • 20141110_122404_zpsuctz8jsu.jpg
    20141110_122404_zpsuctz8jsu.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 601
Hey All- Just got my Shapeways print of the Console in. To me, it looks pretty good. I didn’t get the extra detailed print but I still like what I got. It should be easy to use with lighting since it is basically clear. At this point, I’m almost wanting to go ahead and get the Cabin Walls as well. So if I did the upload correctly you should be able to get a good idea for yourself.

Nice! So the real question, how does it fit?

Well, I just got home with it and a quick eyeball check tells me that it should work nicely. Unfortunately, I haven't broken this bird open yet so I can't be 100% but it should really enhance the cockpit.

You need to remove all the internal structures in the bottom half tunnel leading to the nose cone where it will fit. The tunnels where the screws hold the two halves together where the floor sits have to be completely removed. To install the back wall and overhead parts the upper half structures need likewise to be removed. The nose cone will hold the 2 halves together but some type of reinforcement/padding may be needed further back.

Klaa, Did both of your rear seats have the mounting posts like the one shown? Only one of mine did and I don't know if they messed up or that is the way it should be.

Here's a couple of extra pics to help visualize if it'll fit.

Attachments

• 20141110_173749_zpszqi4f9xz.jpg
    20141110_173749_zpszqi4f9xz.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 530
  • 20141110_173741_zps3p3thhhc.jpg
    20141110_173741_zps3p3thhhc.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 668
I just ordered a set of the cockpit and walls from shapeways. They say the estimated ship date is Nov 28 :) lol that's thanksgiving so I'm pretty sure it won't be then lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back