Thanks man. I actually post to that thread too. Not to sound like a jerk, but you should note this thread is an actual conversion and build and the engine vent question was actually posted here first.

No problem, just thought that the title "new BMF coming' might have lost some guys

J

Edit...just checked over the thread and the first mention of the vents were on this page on 29th Oct, whereas the link I posted above (#315) references a post by JMChladek on the 27th Oct.....unless I'm mistaken

Last edited:
Hello, kokkari, Awesome job!! :thumbsup
Also, sorry i missed this & I'm a little confused...
You say " It's smaller than the Hasbro BMF coming in at 28". My understanding from other RPF members is that it's around 1/48 scale. Unlike the original BMF the proportions are pretty spot on."
I thought the BMF was the same as this one... ? :confused

Well I love doing these Hasbro conversions, so I thought I would be one of the first to start tearing this thing apart and converting it to something hopefully great. It's a Walmart exclusive that I per-ordered back in August and received last week. It's smaller than the Hasbro BMF coming in at 28". My understanding from other RPF members is that it's around 1/48 scale. Unlike the original BMF the proportions are pretty spot on. It's entirely made of Polypropylene, so bonding glue and paint will be difficult. So far I what I want to do with it is cut out all windows and the built in landing globs of plastic. Build a detailed cockpit with lighting throughout the whole ship. Obviously build all the detail for the sidewalls, build a proportioned radar dish, make an interchangeable flying and landing gear change out, add lots of detail, and something with the engine vents that I haven't come up with yet. Like a lot of you I kind of figure stuff out as I go along.

Here are a couple of photos of it before I started tearing apart and next to my BMF conversion.
View attachment 391470View attachment 391469View attachment 391468

Hello, kokkari, Awesome job!! :thumbsup
Also, sorry i missed this & I'm a little confused...
You say " It's smaller than the Hasbro BMF coming in at 28". My understanding from other RPF members is that it's around 1/48 scale. Unlike the original BMF the proportions are pretty spot on."
I thought the BMF was the same as this one... ? :confused

Yes that is the correct measurement 28 inches long. It is smaller than the BMF which was close to 32". When we are referring to proportions we are referring to the cockpit, mandibles, sidewalls, details, etc... being proportionate to itself, if that makes sense. The original BMF or Hasbro Legacy Millennium Falcon has a way over-sized cockpit, sidewalls, and details for it's size. As far as the 1/48 scale, I've heard that thrown around a few times also. It very well may be, I'm not very good with scale.

Hey Junk Pilot. I've made the purchase of the console but I haven't received it yet. I'm hoping to get it to get it soon though. I'll report in as soon as I do.

OK, I thought BMF meant = "Bargain" Millennium Falcon".. LOL Forgot about "BIG (Legacy) MF"
:wacko

Yes that is the correct measurement 28 inches long. It is smaller than the BMF which was close to 32". When we are referring to proportions we are referring to the cockpit, mandibles, sidewalls, details, etc... being proportionate to itself, if that makes sense. The original BMF or Hasbro Legacy Millennium Falcon has a way over-sized cockpit, sidewalls, and details for it's size. As far as the 1/48 scale, I've heard that thrown around a few times also. It very well may be, I'm not very good with scale.

Think I've found a match for the engine vents

photoweb-(6).jpg click pic
The cheap revell tie :)

Think I've found a match for the engine vents

View attachment 400505 click pic
The cheap revell tie :)

UUUUUUUUHHHHH,,.....thats what I've been saying,.....this has been discussed on the other thread,

just checked over the thread and the first mention of the vents were on this page on 29th Oct, whereas the link I posted above (#315) references a post by JMChladek on the 27th Oct.....unless I'm mistaken

Looking over my Falcon tonight, I found a possible source for the solar collector patterns on the engine deck since the toy only has stickers for these. TIE Fighter wings seem to use the same pattern, so I compared the large Revell TIE Fighter wings with the sticker sheet and it matches almost exactly. Not sure if I will cut sections out of the TIE wings to make the collector grills or resin cast a section as a master, but at least I found a source for mine unless somebody does an etch set or resin.

J

Ahhh sorry Jaitea, I thought someone had suggested the toy tie fighter, which I had already ruled out.
Also I may have been drunk when i read that bit, I should have checked. My bad.
Are adults allowed to say "my bad"? :)

Ahhh sorry Jaitea, I thought someone had suggested the toy tie fighter, which I had already ruled out.
Also I may have been drunk when i read that bit, I should have checked. My bad.
Are adults allowed to say "my bad"? :)

Hey spacebob, no worries,......I'm just trying to do my bit to help,.....theres a lot of great brains on this site, some brilliant solutions

J

Hang on a sec. Which Revell TIE? Can you post an image of the box at all

Depends on which boxing. The goofy thing with the Star Wars license these days in the states is apparently the box arts have to change a little every 6 months or so to match what other companies are doing. So there is no ONE locked down box art for the thing. To make a long story short though, the kit you are looking for would be Revell of Germany kit #06675 or Revell USA kit #85-1875. This would be the BIG Revell standard TIE Fighter, which scales to about 1/40 or so.

Revell Germany kit review: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234915785-star-wars-tie-fighter/

Revell USA link: http://www.revell.com/model-kits/entertainment/85-1875.html#.VFhTFT88tqE

As for the Shapeways bits, I went ahead and ordered the cockpit set TonyRR rendered. I plan to get other bits (at least the radar dish) although I have heard that they might be resin casted and offered as a set while the cockpit would be 3D Printed only due to how complex it is. My set won't ship until mid-November though, so I'll be waiting a little while before I can crack into my big Falcon (and mining the threads for great ideas in the meantime).

Thanks JMChadek. I guess I'm now in the market for a Revell TIE then but it seems there's going to be a few spare wings laying around as well.

It's these moments that are incredibly surprising with regards to the resourcefulness of a group of like-minded people such as everyone here and their collective knowledge. Would an individual have thought to look at the Revell TIE as a source for the heat vents if he/she WASN'T a member of this or a similar group?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back