Harry Potter replicas/collectables - Rare, promotional, and otherwise

I know this is so against the 'rules' but WHY can't some jerk just get a vertebrae candle and recast! I want like LOTS of them for my room!

Last edited:
Hmm, tempting. If there were enough interest, I could make one of those in a couple of afternoons. Pretty sure that I've got most of the parts already.

If you aren't actually recasting the actual nobles candle ...is that even recasting? I mean if you made/had the parts and did the work yourself? I was thinking of doing this as well....

I don't want this thread to even go there so I'll end it by saying there are people out there that make real wax candle versions you can buy and if you are good enough you can even track down the company that made them for the movie.

Sorry BMM, I just getting frustrated looking for them. And I don't just want one, in the movie they were all over his office and I'd like several scattered about my room. Do you know the company that made them for the movie? Since that's the more honorable way to go about getting some I'm open to that too!

Exactly.. There is at least one company that does do wax versions.. I wouldn't want to see recasting of them, as I just paid $800 for mine and wouldn't want to see knock offs of it..

This is a list of officially licensed Harry Potter items that are rare, promotional, etc. Not your readily available items. Here is the list I have compiled so far. It's definitely a WIP. I update the list here on the front page so it is always easy to find.

I will try and include pictures in the future. I do have pictures of almost everything listed here if needed. If you have any information on any of these let me know and I'll add it.

To clear up any confusion, I don't own all of this stuff & I don't have any of these items for sale.

Vertebrae Candle--
This is the rarest item I have found; so much so I've only found one picture of one in a personal collection although it is easy to find the advertising one . It is a replica of the spine candles seen in POA when Harry learns to conjure the Patronus from Prof. Lupin. It was made by the Noble Collection and was available for just a few weeks before it was discontinued for safety concerns. I've been told less than 100 made it out the door. I tried to confirm this with Noble but did not get a reply. Ironically you can find it listed for sale at a lot of websites because the advertising had been sent out prior to them shipping which is normal for Noble. And they discontinued it before they had actually shipped out many, hence the scarcity.

Although the candles were seen in 2004 POA the Noble replica was not released until 2007 with Noble's OOTP line of merchandise.

A few actual screen used candles were given away by the studio after POA and these are sometimes mistaken with the Noble replica version given the fact there were so few of both. However the screen used are easily recognizable as there are several varying features.

Dumbledore Pocket Watch--
Limited edition 2500 made by Fossil
Although I don't believe this was seen in the movie it replicates the watch as described in the book.

Promotional Items--

Executive Golden snitch- given as prizes and to WB executives
2 or 3 versions- Brass, Gold, 10kt Gold Serial# on snitch and box
Executive Nimbus brooms-given to WB executives
COS Quidditch Chest with Hogwarts Lock with quill & dvd for UK BAFTA voters
COS Hogwarts House trunk, sticker indicates house-included Slytherin scarf, Tom Riddle diary, quill in pouch, ink
COS Tom Riddle Diary- Two sizes made; 6 x 4 and 7 x 5 inches
COS Hermione Granger Potion Kit
Inflatable Aunt Marge
POA Divination Tea Set-Teacup, saucer, crystal ball w/stand, tea, coasters
GOF Golden Eggs w/dragons, 4 different designs, eggs are not exact as they have writing on them
OOTP Umbridge Decree Proclamation Scroll
Weasley Wizarding Wonder Witch Love Potion- Limited to 100
Nose Biting Tea cup
Small Bezoars box and potion pint glass
Large Bezoars box and 4 potion pint glasses
HBP Quidditch helmet
Ron Weasley Quidditch Bag
HBP Felix Felicis Vial in Hogwarts Apothecary Box
Deathly Hallows Golden Snitch Clock

POA Sirius Black Lenticular Wanted Posters --

These simulate the onscreen movement seen in the picture. There are several different versions and sizes.
Trading card-Limited edition of 200- has approx 5 frames of motion
5x3 promotional magnet with removable Sirius section
8x10 Several styles made and were used on movie theater displays.
The full movie theater display version, includes a 6 foot lampost, street signs with an owl & notices.
A4 Japanese folder version
26x40 Huge movie poster size

Limited Editions--

Nimbus 2000 broom-limited to 10,000
Firebolt broom-limited to 10,000

Note these are not the brooms made by Noble Collection. They were released in Europe earlier.

Movie Premier Giveaways--

Weasley 10 Second Pimple Vanisher Bottle- given away at HBP premier

Jewelry
Bellatrix bird skull choker -silver made by the original jeweler
Bellatrix ring -silver made by the original jeweler

Japanese Exclusive Items--

COS Lantern-promotional
Howler
Polyuice glass -promotional item for COS video game
Hermoines Mirror
"Mandrake" Ear Muffs
Ministry of Magic drawstring bags (2 versions) standard (dragon) and embroidered(golden egg)
Quibbler cover folder
Black Family Crest pin
Headboy pin
Ministry of Magic Cross necklace of Cornelius Fudge
Shopping bags (large) from Zonko's & Honeydukes
Shopping bags (small) from Weasley Wizarding, Olivanders, Zonko's, & Quality Quidditch Supplies
The Philosopher's Stone DVD Golden Snitch

Japanese Exclusives So-So Replicas - These are either not scale, 100% accurate, or both

Jumbo Time Turner Europe as well, came with chess set mail order
Monster Book of Monsters Book Cover
Monster Book of Monsters Journal
Golden egg music box
Golden egg metal tin
Dark Arts Detector Pen (Mad Eye Moodys)

Japanese Costume Replica Exclusives

Hermiones Rainbow Belt
Hermiones Pink Sweatshirt
Harry's wand holster from the underwater second challenge
Viktor Krum Drumstrang Tanktop from the second challenge
Viktor Krum Drumstrang Pullover
Fleur's blue jumpsuit from the third challenge

Japanese alternate versions--

Harry's Glasses- different than NC
Lucius Malfoys cane-wand is not removable
Hermiones Time Turner -different than NC
Ron's Sweetheart Necklace-different than NC
Quidditch goggles- different than Rubies
Horcrux Ring- different than NC
Hermiones Bag-dark blue-different than NC

I'm adding a new section below, this is a list of other Harry Potter replicas not necessarily rare but some are hard to find. Just to keep track of what is out there.

Gringott's replica coins
Pobjoys made the originals for the movie and released their own sets after the first movie. (Nobles are a copy of these.) They made 3 coin sets and also individual carded coins. The only difference between these and the actual screen used is the screen used were struck twice so the have a deeper relief.

There is also a set of coins made from the original HP design used on the earlier HP pieces. Actually foil wrapped bubblegum coins.

NECA merchandise

9 3/4 Platform Sign
Leaky Cauldron Sign
Weasley Wizarding Sign-??
Weasley Clock
Proclamation Posters (Limited Edition) #82,#98 4 more?
Talking Sorting Hat
Monster Book of Monsters plush
Honeydukes Tin Set
Hogwarts & Gryffindor Pennants?
Bellatrix bird skull choker
Tri-wizard cup

Other companies

Luna Lovegood Spectra-specs

WWOHP-Universal Studios

Many of these are just glorified toys but worth mentioning
Omnioculars
Remembrall
Sneakoscope
Quaffle
Bludger Bat & ball
Quibiller with punch out spectra-specs
Golden snitch - 2 versions
Pygmy puff
Fanged Flyer
Rubby O Chicken
Crazy Face Flyer
Screaming Yo-yo
Extendable Ear
Pumpkin Juice bottle
Bertie Botts Beans
Chocolate Frog box with trading cards

WB Shop

Life size Dobby- Not particularly rare but expensive, there were a couple of versions of these made, one for Walmart displays the other by Rubies.

Noble Collection-
These are the NC items that are sold out, no longer made & harder to find.

RAB Horcrux Locket w note- 2 versions normal or sterling silver
Prof. Umbridges Feather Quill & stand

Two books with HP Paper props in them

Film Wizardy -- Lots of removable paper props and reference pics
Harry Potter -A Pop-Up Book -- Include 2 posters Harry Wanted poster and a MOM Notice
hey BlackMarketMagi do you know where you can but the wand sheath harry used in the second task, i looked on the japanese WB shop but it didn't seem to be there

hey BlackMarketMagi do you know where you can but the wand sheath harry used in the second task, i looked on the japanese WB shop but it didn't seem to be there

Yeah they are a sold out item. There was one listed on the popular auction site a few days ago for $150. I have one still in the box if your interested just pm me with a offer.

where can i by liquid luck?

The Felix Felicis vial was a promotional item and never actually sold retail. If you had a vial and drank it you might be lucky enough to actually find one because they are extremely rare. They were only distributed by one store in another country overseas. The last one I sold went for $400.

i just found this thread! and i love it.. im glad to say i have 2 items on this list! well 6 if you count doubles? lol

i have 5 of the COS Tom Riddle Diary- Two sizes made; 6 x 4 and 7 x 5 inches (the ones without the name on the back) and the RAB Locket from NC

Hey I just found this thread from iLOVESEAMUShp mentioning it on here.
If anyone wants to see the candles in wax and where to get them check out my review on youtube on them.
Details on where to get them in the description

Harry Potter Spine Candle prop replica - YouTube

Last edited:
Some of it is or was commercially available, some things are sold out, and the promo stuff was never actually for sale. You can pick it up on ebay some times though. Really depends on what you are looking for, be more specific and I'll point you in the right direction.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back