Can anyone ID this Harry Potter wand replica?

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don’t have many of these, only one I found at an estate sale with a chip taken out of it

I won this on a goodwill auction for next to nothing. All it has is the Warner Bros. Logo on the box, and a really bright brown paint job… I kind of want to re-do it.

Is this a generic replica or something from Noble Collection? Harry Potter world theme park? You can see the metal rod they put in the mold to cast it and give it weight
12BFD7A0-102E-48A1-A81D-C95EA0C2972D.jpegBD7EE225-CB20-4AE8-943D-1F2BD15AE373.jpegC52C2742-0267-4422-9E3D-FC495C35A865.jpeg08F76D8E-B234-411C-ACB9-FBAE8A06A935.jpegAC741358-A11A-4BFB-9AF2-4C4F78FF3D39.jpegC7E2FE34-F3B2-49A2-ABB0-30C2B02F1E6C.jpeg

Based on faint witness marks, this is undoubtedly the incredibly historic, iconic, and well-documented only surviving “Ollivander 11-inch phoenix feather core wand” originally used by Daniel Radcliffe starring as Harry Potter in filming and promotion of the 2001 epic "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."

It also saw previous screen time in the hands of Frank Sinatra in The Naked Runner.

But seriously...

While I have no familiarity with other manufacturers, at least going off of a quick look at a couple of old Noble Collection catalogs, the box presentation looks consistent with their product (originally priced at $29.50).

Based on faint witness marks, this is undoubtedly the incredibly historic, iconic, and well-documented only surviving “Ollivander 11-inch phoenix feather core wand” originally used by Daniel Radcliffe starring as Harry Potter in filming and promotion of the 2001 epic "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."

It also saw previous screen time in the hands of Frank Sinatra in The Naked Runner.

The Sinatra joke. Well played

:D thanks guys

I hope this gets some more attention - this paint job is very different from the main, typical dark browns and black. You're right though, the Noble Collection auctions on ebay have the same box and velvet.

Their website seems to be down at the moment

I hope this gets some more attention - this paint job is very different from the main, typical dark browns and black. You're right though, the Noble Collection auctions on ebay have the same box and velvet.

Agreed; the paint job does look different. As an aside, this has probably been commented on elsewhere, but I hadn't noticed before that the film props evidently differ in length from the books - the Noble Collection lists Harry's wand as 14 inches, whereas it's only 11 in the books.

Here's a scan from the catalog in case it helps:

Attachments

• Noble Collection wand ad.JPG
    Noble Collection wand ad.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
I *think* this might be from "WhimsicAlley.com"

But they closed down a few years back.

However, did find another picture of the "noble collection" one and it doesn't seem to have that much details as the picture posted above, so might be it!

1661981885664.png

Last edited:
I *think* this might be from "WhimsicAlley.com"

But they closed down a few years back.

However, did find another picture of the "noble collection" one and it doesn't seem to have that much details as the picture posted above, so might be it!

View attachment 1613015
Holy cow, thank you. I never knew whimsic alley existed.... its a geek store and looked like so much fun! Very hard to find on the web now, I wonder if they got sued
P1080271.jpg

You have a good point though, the ribbon, box and decoration match that Noble Collection piece. The one I have here looks exactly like NN8415, which comes with a generic box and is a couple dollars cheaper. NN7005 has the same box, even with the 643 decal on the side!

I'm going to chock this up to Noble Collection selling products that are a little more bland than the photographs or something... I've seen that happen a few times with them specifically

This is a wooden wand from the Warner Bros. Collection in the UK they retail at $60/£ or so at selected locations in the UK and at the Harry Potter flagship store in NYC. There are 3 in the collectio hope that helps

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back