The Merr-Sonn Power 5..
A4B2F694-F33F-4C5E-9F7F-281E9088FC7E.jpeg

Posted a thread showing off my FDM PS/RIA blaster. For anyone who’s interested you can follow this link here..

DSC07214.jpeg

Looks great! Though I don't know if the scope was bent during the time of filming, I always thought it happened afterwards.

Maybe V but honestly not really sure how that could ever be truly confirmed or denied. The only time you ever see that scope and those specific weavers together is only on screen and that lasts.. hot second or two. It’s definitely the same scope cause of that dent on that wheel.

But was it actually straight when filming took place?? Maybe but I honestly don’t know. In this pic the light captured on the scope itself makes it look bent but it’s way too subjective..
76E53993-61F9-4108-ACFE-6BBCA747EFFF.jpeg

It’s a movie so it depends on how the scene is lit, where the lights coming from. But because of that light and how it’s being reflected on film I’m pretty positive that those weavers are definitely the tall ones. Not the medium and definitely not the small ones (which I think most people already know).

Thanks for noticing that. Truly. Definitely spend a lot of time figuring all that out but it really is worth it in the end I believe.
You are very welcome and it definitely makes the parts not only look more finished and smooth
but it also looks like you are taking into account that some of the orientation is also for structural
integrity so that literally aligns with the way the parts are made and looks natural even when you
can see it so again bravo on that as well ;)

The company I've used to do some of my printing does the same thing which is why they are
more expensive than most but its definitely worth the time as it shows in the final product.
Especially if printing transparent items.

Not exactly something you find typically coming out of shapeways :lol:

You are very welcome and it definitely makes the parts not only look more finished and smooth
but it also looks like you are taking into account that some of the orientation is also for structural
integrity so that literally aligns with the way the parts are made and looks natural even when you
can see it so again bravo on that as well ;)

The company I've used to do some of my printing does the same thing which is why they are
more expensive than most but its definitely worth the time as it shows in the final product.
Especially if printing transparent items.

Not exactly something you find typically coming out of shapeways :lol:

Ya the biggest thing that Ive learned is that if specific parts are going to use parts for strength then they need to be basically flat on the print bed. Printed that way they are actually really quite strong. Way stronger than I anticipated. Screws and such for example that I can’t find in the real world. But outside of all of that a big thanks has to go to Bambu Lab for making these printer so great and “easy” to use. I honestly still am amazed with what these FDM printers can accomplish.

Just look at the weaver above. The top part looks crazy smooth doesn’t!? That’s straight off the print bed. No post processing at all.

It certainly does and I'm guessing those didn't require and post finishing/sanding to look that good correct?
interesting info about printing screws as well, what model of Bambu Lab printer do you have?
I think I saw you mention it somewhere but don't remember where.

It certainly does and I'm guessing those didn't require and post finishing/sanding to look that good correct?
interesting info about printing screws as well, what model of Bambu Lab printer do you have?
I think I saw you mention it somewhere but don't remember where.

I have the P1S with the AMS. No real post process either other than cutting off supports I designed into files.

For the screws ya it works great. I posted this pic as well already but u can see (if u zoom in) how this screw is actually two parts glued together to accomplish the best strength possible. The threaded part was printed flat on the bed. The one on the left is with a .2 nozzle while right is .4. Second pic is it in use threaded into the bullbarrel..
DSC07208.jpeg
DSC07228.jpeg

Very nice that is certainly a smooth looking barrel there and good idea on the 2 piece screws :cool:
and thank you for the info on that printer (y)
I originally saw your work on the obi-wan saber which is what caught my attention with the metallic looking filaments

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back